How does it feel like to be a Non-Italian Juventus fan? (9 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
to be honest, i am more pissed about juventus channel. First of all that they started it in 2006 and its all italian there, all the videos what have been posted also here and are uploaded in youtube are italian. (http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22206)
On the other hand i can watch barca, milan shows on tv with english comments or subs.
dont u worry italian footy is comming onto english tv for the new season ;)

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
If we, or me in particular, has to learn Italian, because my beloved team is from Italy, imagine how many languages m_elayyan has to learn in his lifetime ? :D

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #27
    to be honest, i am more pissed about juventus channel. First of all that they started it in 2006 and its all italian there, all the videos what have been posted also here and are uploaded in youtube are italian. (http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22206)
    On the other hand i can watch barca, milan shows on tv with english comments or subs.
    and that as well, the lists gets bigger and bigger..

thanx for sharing it!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    back to topic, i still think the site will improve. Why would they even start with the membership (read why would they mess with it), its just that it takes more time a ka developing the brand. And getting juve back to europe to get more recognitions has a part on this.

Renaissance

May 15, 2007
    I've noticed that many members here support italy, and they are not italians. Bigger absurd is suppporting italian teams in european competitions only because Juventus is from Italy. Very funny.

Durden

May 11, 2006
    Good thread Snoop. If you look at it from a finacial point of view it's really bad management that they don't provide a better "service" for the non-Italian supporters. So many of us Juve fans would gladly hand over our money for just a little bit in exchange, but it's like they just dont care for some reason?? I can only think that's because they dont realise what a market they actually have outside Italy and I really think it's a shame. Liverpool and Man utd have done a good job for their danish fans and I really think they are making a lot of money compared to what they give out. Ofcourse the EPL clubs have an advantage with the language but that's also the only advantage they have, and it wouldn't take much of an effort for Juventus to get the same result imo. They could please a lot of fans around the world and make a lot of money. Btw it's great to see so many fans from the US and other countries so far away from europe. I was really surprised by this when I first joined this forum, but it just makes me even more proud to be a Juventino.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I have to learn Italian to become a Juve fan? was that a joke?
    As tough as it sounds, you'll never understand what Juve is all about unless you get to know Italy and consequently learn Italian. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.

I'm not saying you can't be a fan, just that you won't understand all aspects.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    As tough as it sounds, you'll never understand what Juve is all about unless you get to know Italy and consequently learn Italian. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.

I would say not speaking Italian makes it much harder to fully understand Juve, but I would think it is far from impossible.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I would say not speaking Italian makes it much harder to fully understand Juve, but I would think it is far from impossible.
    Well, you're going to have to trust me on this one. You'd have to understand Italian society and it's just so much easier to do so if you speak Italian. Snoop is just being lazy here IMO.

In all fairness, everyone can understand enough Italian to understand the official website anyway.

Durden

May 11, 2006

I have to disagree with you on that one seven. I dont understand Italian, but having been a Juve fan for most of my life and I think I understand it by now. I also think a lot of praise have to go out for all those guys here standing behind Juve through such a difficult year we had. I watch all the Juve matches at a little sportscafe in Copenhagen and two seasons ago there would always be atleast 15-20 Juve fans there every time we played, last season it was just me and another guy there.. And overall understanding it or not isn't it just about feeling the joy and pain in your heart through the good and the bad times, but always standing behind or beloved Juventus that really counts?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I have to disagree with you on that one seven. I dont understand Italian, but having been a Juve fan for most of my life and I think I understand it by now. I also think a lot of praise have to go out for all those guys here standing behind Juve through such a difficult year we had. I watch all the Juve matches at a little sportscafe in Copenhagen and two seasons ago there would always be atleast 15-20 Juve fans there every time we played, last season it was just me and another guy there.. And overall understanding it or not isn't it just about feeling the joy and pain in your heart through the good and the bad times, but always standing behind or beloved Juventus that really counts?
    I'm not saying those fans don't deserve any praise. And hey, I'm not Italian either, so I'm not talking from some sort of elitist point of view. The thing is though, Juventus takes a certain place in Italian society. And I honestly do not think it's that easy to describe who the Agnelli are and what they mean to Italy or what it is that makes Calciopoli possible only in Italy.

Being able to understand Italian makes it a lot easier to understand Italian society. And TBH, if it really is your favourite club, is it that hard to try and learn some words?

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Well, you're going to have to trust me on this one. You'd have to understand Italian society and it's just so much easier to do so if you speak Italian. Snoop is just being lazy here IMO.

In all fairness, everyone can understand enough Italian to understand the official website anyway.
    Maybe it would be better to have said that to understand Juve, you must understand Italian society?

As far as the language is concerned, I only did few years of French at school, and added to some common sense I can get the general gist of Italian.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Maybe it would be better to have said that to understand Juve, you must understand Italian society?

As far as the language is concerned, I only did few years of French at school, and added to some common sense I can get the general gist of Italian.
    Perhaps, but in general you only fully understand a society if you speak the language. Be that as it may, when it's Juventus we're talking about I suppose it's enough to get the basics. But I don't see why any fan should complain about learning a couple of Italian words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)