How does it feel like to be a Non-Italian Juventus fan? (7 Viewers)

May 17, 2007
I dont think anyone has mentioned the fact they charge 60 euro for the shipping of a 1 oz shirt...which in reality costs about 15.
thats why i hate buying of the website, i usually buy my Juve shirts on Ebay, and my newest shirt was bought in italy at one of the Juve Stores my parents were on vacations and got me a Del Piero Jersey!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
thats why i hate buying of the website, i usually buy my Juve shirts on Ebay, and my newest shirt was bought in italy at one of the Juve Stores my parents were on vacations and got me a Del Piero Jersey!!
That's ugly and cheap. A real fan won't buy from Ebay because half of that shit is fake. Don't ever buy shit from them again... you never know how authentic it is.

May 17, 2007
That's ugly and cheap. A real fan won't buy from Ebay because half of that shit is fake. Don't ever buy shit from them again... you never know how authentic it is.
well, the shirts ive bought seem authentic to me, besides, ive gotten old shirts that i cant find anywhere else like a 96 Del Piero Shirt with the sony sponsor, u know when its fake when they ship it from malaysia or somewhere like that, i know that for a factm but still ive bought very good original shirts, maybe used but still original. and besides its so hard to get a Juve shirt here in Guatemala u dont even know.
And buying a shirt from ebay isnt gonna make me less of a fan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
well, the shirts ive bought seem authentic to me, besides, ive gotten old shirts that i cant find anywhere else like a 96 Del Piero Shirt with the sony sponsor, u know when its fake when they ship it from malaysia or somewhere like that, i know that for a factm but still ive bought very good original shirts, maybe used but still original. and besides its so hard to get a Juve shirt here in Guatemala u dont even know.
Nah man, I can imagine how difficult it is finding Juve shirts in Guatemala. But the fact of the matter is many of the shit on Ebay is fake and you take a chance when you buy something. And if you do buy something from Ebay and it's fake and wear it, you're doing the club an injustice. I cannot stand fake merhandise and the one time I purchased a fake item I promply threw it away. I cannot walk around wearing a fake if I want to be a "real supporter."

May 17, 2007
Nah man, I can imagine how difficult it is finding Juve shirts in Guatemala. But the fact of the matter is many of the shit on Ebay is fake and you take a chance when you buy something. And if you do buy something from Ebay and it's fake and wear it, you're doing the club an injustice. I cannot stand fake merhandise and the one time I purchased a fake item I promply threw it away. I cannot walk around wearing a fake if I want to be a "real supporter."
so people who cant buy the real deal are screwed and cant show their colours, man thats messed up! so that means poor people from poor countries cant support football teams, wow i didnt know that football was only for people with enough money to buy a shirt!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
true dat, so andy according to you if someone is poor and cant buy the official merch he isnt a real fan???
Nah man, I don't believe that. But I do believe that if you try to buy shit on Ebay you have the money to buy a real jersey. But if that's not the case, your purchases do not have bearing over whether you are a real Juve fan or not. That comes from the heart. I haven't had the money to visit Turin as of yet, so I understand people full well.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Really good thread Snoop, I'm with you all the way.

I can't believe separations like this are being made, those who know Italian are true fans those that don't are lesser fans. That's nonsense, surely those that live in downtown Torino or in some parts of Italy are lets say bigger fans than us outside the country, or the continent for that matter, because they are surounded by Juve on every corner whereas people outside the country have to "struggle" to get a hold of information. That surely doesn't mean things shouldn't be made easier and more accessible to us "lesser" fans.

We're closely reaching a time where the internet has become what a TV set first was decades ago and it's pretty obvious our management is still struggling to get a hold of that reality. What the reason for that is unknown to me, whether it's laziness or simply a very poor media relations team that works for our club. It's like they're still trapped in the 20th century and are barely even trying to get out. Internet is the media of today and it's only getting bigger, I seriously hope we jump on that bandwagon soon enough. Having a multi-language website filled with content is EASY, there's nothing hard about it and there are simply no excuses for the website that we have now. There are firms and businesses so small and they have daily updated sites on multiple languages, we're talking about firms who's annual revenue equal one months pay of Ruben Olivera. Having a proper FREE official website would require perhaps one extra employee in Juventus that would just translate things properly from Italian on a daily basis.

Juventus Membership is a whole different thing where you pay for something, it's natural you expect something good from it. For now I'm extremelly disapointed with that project, if it wasn't only in the beginnings and if I wasn't doing something good for the club I love, I would ask for my money back. 36 or 12 Euro is not much for an individual but multiplied by a million, it's not a small fee anymore, is it? To have a proper website for that kind of money should seriously be a must. Juventus is an Italian club, the pride of Italy and it always will be but it is also a Global INTERNATIONAL brand and English is the international language. Our management better start behaving like that or in the near future Juventus certainly won't be gaining much more new international supporters, who's money at the end of the day is worth just as much as an Italian fan's money.

Being a fan is a matter of choice, no one's forcing anyone to support some club, people by their own free will buy tickets, shirts and other merchandise and we expect something in return. If I have to learn Italian to be able to properly support Juventus than it's not really much of a choice anymore is it? I might as well support some EPL club. Supporters are privelage and they need to be taken care of because without us, Italians or not, Juventus would not exist. Supporters are and always were just as important as the club.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For the record, Andy is right. eBay is loaded with complete fakes. Pretty much 99.5% of the stuff on eBay is some knock-off made with cheap fabric and some unlicensed hack in Thailand who doesn't give a penny back to the club. You will know, because you'll be able to buy a jersey at a list price under 40 Euros.

Not making any judgments about what you can afford to be a fan. We all have that choice to make. But you should know what you're getting into.

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
:p sorry people, we're just trying to make a living here :oops:
But seriously, Thailand and China can kick our ass anytime at all in this industry.
We're only good at making pirated DVDs

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Really good thread Snoop, I'm with you all the way.

I can't believe separations like this are being made, those who know Italian are true fans those that don't are lesser fans. That's nonsense, surely those that live in downtown Torino or in some parts of Italy are lets say bigger fans than us outside the country, or the continent for that matter, because they are surounded by Juve on every corner whereas people outside the country have to "struggle" to get a hold of information. That surely doesn't mean things shouldn't be made easier and more accessible to us "lesser" fans.

We're closely reaching a time where the internet has become what a TV set first was decades ago and it's pretty obvious our management is still struggling to get a hold of that reality. What the reason for that is unknown to me, whether it's laziness or simply a very poor media relations team that works for our club. It's like they're still trapped in the 20th century and are barely even trying to get out. Internet is the media of today and it's only getting bigger, I seriously hope we jump on that bandwagon soon enough. Having a multi-language website filled with content is EASY, there's nothing hard about it and there are simply no excuses for the website that we have now. There are firms and businesses so small and they have daily updated sites on multiple languages, we're talking about firms who's annual revenue equal one months pay of Ruben Olivera. Having a proper FREE official website would require perhaps one extra employee in Juventus that would just translate things properly from Italian on a daily basis.

Juventus Membership is a whole different thing where you pay for something, it's natural you expect something good from it. For now I'm extremelly disapointed with that project, if it wasn't only in the beginnings and if I wasn't doing something good for the club I love, I would ask for my money back. 36 or 12 Euro is not much for an individual but multiplied by a million, it's not a small fee anymore, is it? To have a proper website for that kind of money should seriously be a must. Juventus is an Italian club, the pride of Italy and it always will be but it is also a Global INTERNATIONAL brand and English is the international language. Our management better start behaving like that or in the near future Juventus certainly won't be gaining much more new international supporters, who's money at the end of the day is worth just as much as an Italian fan's money.

Being a fan is a matter of choice, no one's forcing anyone to support some club, people by their own free will buy tickets, shirts and other merchandise and we expect something in return. If I have to learn Italian to be able to properly support Juventus than it's not really much of a choice anymore is it? I might as well support some EPL club. Supporters are privelage and they need to be taken care of because without us, Italians or not, Juventus would not exist. Supporters are and always were just as important as the club.
I agree with everything you said before, but that's not so much about being a fan as about Juventus selling themselves. I agree they could be better at it, but to me that doesn't even reflect to true Juventus fans.

It's just so much easier to understand the whole concept of Juventus when you're able to comprehend a bit of Italian. Surely, Italian isn't one of the hardest languages in the world and you'll get the basics? Hell, even Andy gets the basics and he's a native English speaker FFS. I can assure you that, in general, it's very difficult for native English speakers to learn other languages for a variety of reasons.

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #75
    Well, you're going to have to trust me on this one. You'd have to understand Italian society and it's just so much easier to do so if you speak Italian. Snoop is just being lazy here IMO.

In all fairness, everyone can understand enough Italian to understand the official website anyway.
    I'm not saying those fans don't deserve any praise. And hey, I'm not Italian either, so I'm not talking from some sort of elitist point of view. The thing is though, Juventus takes a certain place in Italian society. And I honestly do not think it's that easy to describe who the Agnelli are and what they mean to Italy or what it is that makes Calciopoli possible only in Italy.

Being able to understand Italian makes it a lot easier to understand Italian society. And TBH, if it really is your favourite club, is it that hard to try and learn some words?

It is true I am being lazy for not going to learn more Italian or to translate these articles through web translaters etc. etc.

But that is not my point. My point is Juventus has loads of Juve fans worldwide that are ready to spend loads of cash for Juve, and they deserve a good service in back.

I am not complaining why I don't understand Juve society, why they don't recognize me or pay me back something for my support, or why I am not one of them.

No, I want the to give a toss about us, to do something to translate these web pages and publish them after 10 minutes or an hour, and not two days.. Andries, we have different personality, everyone doesn't think the same way. I never wanted to be hardcore Juve fan, and I don't have intention to be one. Fanaticism, being blind hardcore fan aren't available in my book. I love this club, and I would pay 30 euros or whatever it is to have the same service everyone would have to understand the Players Directors, what they say and what they think about the game etc etc. I don't want more than that. Call me lazy, but I don't like to go deeper than that. This is only entertainment for me, that really entertains me to the maximum, and not anything else than that!

I have to disagree with you on that one seven. I dont understand Italian, but having been a Juve fan for most of my life and I think I understand it by now. I also think a lot of praise have to go out for all those guys here standing behind Juve through such a difficult year we had. I watch all the Juve matches at a little sportscafe in Copenhagen and two seasons ago there would always be atleast 15-20 Juve fans there every time we played, last season it was just me and another guy there.. And overall understanding it or not isn't it just about feeling the joy and pain in your heart through the good and the bad times, but always standing behind or beloved Juventus that really counts?
    Exactly! I will not stop supporting this club because of their bad managements or their bad relationship with their fans. I will support it till the end, the dirty work by the managers, the ugly war among the clubs and all and their politics doesn't really concern me. Like you said, Supporting the club in the bad and good times is what really matters, whatever information we collect about Juve doesn't make us any more fan by that way.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

It's just so much easier to understand the whole concept of Juventus when you're able to comprehend a bit of Italian. Surely, Italian isn't one of the hardest languages in the world and you'll get the basics? Hell, even Andy gets the basics and he's a native English speaker FFS. I can assure you that, in general, it's very difficult for native English speakers to learn other languages for a variety of reasons.
    That's probably true though even if you do speak Italian fluently, you're still gonna be behind in understanding that concept compaired to those that live in Italy. Understanding Italian will just open the door to more information on the club, to fully understand that concept you speak of I think you simply must live in Italy or at least spend some considerable time there.

Now this is a far more serious problem.
    That extreme charge for shipping is not exactly Juventus' fault but the courier's. They use DHL and I know for a fact they are ridiculously expensive in their shipments. My firm gets some documents few times per year from Scotland, we're talking about 2,3 A4 pieces of paper here, and it costs close to 25 Euro's. That's outrageous but I guess it's the cost for getting the shipment really, really fast. It is however Juventus' fault for working them, it wouldn't exactly kill them to let you choose how you want your shipment to be sent, air mail(3-5 days) or regular mail(2-3 weeks).

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #77
    Utter Rubbish. So true fans have to learn italian to understand the club and the Italian society that cuts no ice with me.I been with the club since 1981 that almost 26 years of support been throuh the good , bad and the ugly times my support has never waivered , this is what i am talking about if this elitist attiude carries on then Juventuz risk alienating majority of new fans that don't speak italian.English is the universal medium of communication so effort must be made by the club to reach out and not the fans who already devote time and money to juventus cause.
    my points exactly.

I'm not sure if it's racism. It's just a matter of experiance for actual Italians. They have come to believe most Juve, Milan and perhaps even Inter supporters are gloryhunters for the way they portray themselves as a whole, especially in regards to attitude and knowledge. I'm sure that fucking cunt Kaiser Franco thinks 99% of us are gloryhunters yet he supports Milan. But you see, many of the hardcore Juve or Milan supporters have family ties in the support, and that is indeed something to be respected. Afterall, "family is everything." No man is created equal and support is not equal either, so the people in the Curva will hate us because were not born Ultras. They have a point, as sad as it is.

But what we have to do is PROVE our support. And that doesn't come from just posting on a goddamn Juventus forum.
    I always believed Pado is one of the best (If not the best) fan in this Forum. He is here for fun, and not to show off he knows everything about Juve. But when it comes to that, he knows it best. Holding a season ticket for years and buying merchants after others is one of the true signs of being a true fan..

about the Ultras, yeah I know they go every match and all, but no I wouldn't respect those uneducated idiots if their behaviors are like that against the "less" Juve fans. and for me, Pado or any ticket holder who sits in the middle of the stad is a better fan than them, who rarely makes troubles or harm the club or boo some "Players" which harms the club in the end.

We might disagree here Andy, But a true fan is not the fan that stands behind the goals and beat the shit of everyone and make troubles when the match ends or the team loses.

not everyone can afford official merch mate!
    true dat, so andy according to you if someone is poor and cant buy the official merch he isnt a real fan??? i dont believe that at all thats the beauty of this sport it doesnt matter if ur rich or poor, or if ur anything the only thing that matters is that u love the team with all your heart.
    That's true, but buying "pirate" 's work, or rights stolen work of a copyrighted item is unethical and non-loyalty against your beloved club. Rich or poor shouldn't do that!

Durden

May 11, 2006
    While that is indeed true, you won't be able to win over the most hardcore fans there because they have family that has fought for Juve before. It's hypocritical I know, but this is what you have to deal with being a fan of such a club. If a member of the Drughi saw me and asked me something in Italian I didnt understand, they would beat the shit out of me. They are total thugs, hardcore Juve supporters who aren't very well educated, but I do respect them. If it wasn't for them, we would not have as much presence in the Curva as we do now.

We might spend more money than them, but they are there for every match, and that is indeed fruitfall evidence against us because we aren't at the stadio. Unfortunately, that's just how the perception is and we won't be able to change that. Like I said before, it just comes with the territory.

But look at members such as Padovano. He won a trivia contest on this forum like it was nothing, and seriously, he owned everybody and got everything basically right. And the person who made the exam is a season ticket holder, for decades, and has a place in Torino. If anybody in Drughi or Viking is going to say Pado is not a real Juve fan, they should be killed. Many people over there don't understand the fanbase across the seas, but unfortunately they are considerd the only true fans.
    Well not all Drughi fans are like that Andy. The first time I went to Torino and saw Juve I actually meet some Drughi. Back then I had no idea about what kind of fans they where but they were actually quite nice to me. I was just a young guy who had saved up his money to go see his favorite team for the first time. I only spoke with one of them because he was the only one who understod English, but I remember them as nice guys who were friendly against me. Although we didn't become best friends or anything like that it did seem like they respected that I had done so much to come and watch Juve, so although some of the hardcore fans might not like fans like us, I think many of them respect what we do to follow and support Juve. But then again maybe I looked like such a happy idiot that day that they just felt sorry for me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)