How does it feel like to be a Non-Italian Juventus fan? (8 Viewers)

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
well ofr me it makes no difference because when you go to a match you are treated as a JUVE fan. and when some of you go for the first time you will realise that, they are so friendly, and i doubt that me being non italian has nothing to do with their hospitality. the guys i was sitting next to were all pleasant, and from what i saw they accepted me i guess. but the only thing that pisses me off is the cunt english fans always taking the piss and asking why i odnt support an english team :/

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Well not all Drughi fans are like that Andy. The first time I went to Torino and saw Juve I actually meet some Drughi. Back then I had no idea about what kind of fans they where but they were actually quite nice to me. I was just a young guy who had saved up his money to go see his favorite team for the first time. I only spoke with one of them because he was the only one who understod English, but I remember them as nice guys who were friendly against me. Although we didn't become best friends or anything like that it did seem like they respected that I had done so much to come and watch Juve, so although some of the hardcore fans might not like fans like us, I think many of them respect what we do to follow and support Juve. But then again maybe I looked like such a happy idiot that day that they just felt sorry for me :D
yep that is true, and that too is speaking from experience not generalisation andy, they wouldn't beat the crap out of you for being a juve fan, reguardless of whether u can speak the language or not, that only matters if you want to be a member, but like durden said, as a majority they are a genuinly nice bunch

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
I agree with everything you said before, but that's not so much about being a fan as about Juventus selling themselves. I agree they could be better at it, but to me that doesn't even reflect to true Juventus fans.

It's just so much easier to understand the whole concept of Juventus when you're able to comprehend a bit of Italian. Surely, Italian isn't one of the hardest languages in the world and you'll get the basics? Hell, even Andy gets the basics and he's a native English speaker FFS. I can assure you that, in general, it's very difficult for native English speakers to learn other languages for a variety of reasons.
thats true, we dont learn other languages in england like the rest of europe, whihc we should do. but after learning a bit of italian, you realise that it only takes a little effort to learn the basics to get you around.

and when i went to turin, even the torino fans were nice to me :D.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
thats true, we dont learn other languages in england like the rest of europe, whihc we should do. but after learning a bit of italian, you realise that it only takes a little effort to learn the basics to get you around.

with the ammount of foreigners managers and players in the english league, its almost a requirement to actually learn their language to actually understand what they are trying to say

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

It's about time the UK got better at learning foreign languages.

I guess it all goes back to the fact that we used to own half the world, so we could just force everyone else to speak English.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's about time the UK got better at learning foreign languages.

I guess it all goes back to the fact that we used to own half the world, so we could just force everyone else to speak English.
unfortunatly to say england should learn to speak their own language b4 leaning others, but i think its more down to the english not being culturally broad minded, i mean ive seen british holiday makers go abroad, just to have fish and chips still, and not try the cuisiine

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
unfortunatly to say england should learn to speak their own language b4 leaning others, but i think its more down to the english not being culturally broad minded, i mean ive seen british holiday makers go abroad, just to have fish and chips still, and not try the cuisiine
:agree: you're forgetting all those english bars they open up

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I've noticed that many members here support italy, and they are not italians. Bigger absurd is suppporting italian teams in european competitions only because Juventus is from Italy. Very funny.
That is not funny. It is sad to even have fans like that.....

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Its more of a globalised issue rather than just native to our beloved club or even football. I think regardless of who you support you will always get the natives take the piss out of the "forieigners".. this is also the case for non football related matters. For me its a fact of life and I just learn to ignore their prejudist or superior feelings. I had a similar experience when I went to watch Man Utd take on Juve back in 1999. The group of juve fans who I were sitting with, were not exactly homely to me, infact believe it or not I almost felt like an alien (despite me being the native as the match was played at old trafford), maybe this resentment that was down to race or colour. Either way I just took it on the chin and tried to enjoy the game.. (well I did until giggs spoilt it)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Unless it's because I couldn't find it, there appears to be no language other than English available on the official Man.Utd website, & if I couldn't find it, I won't be the only one! Even if it's accepted that English is the common international language, you'd think they'd make more effort to accomodate their huge world wide support, many of whom have little or no English!
Does this sound familiar? Substitute Juventus for Man.Utd. & English for Italian...both clubs could do a lot more for their "overseas" fans, but the sad fact of life here is that in dealing with a big business concern which is in effect what both these clubs are about, they're not interested in the individual fan, although I don't doubt that Juve at least would make some kind of accomodation to a 3000+ membership application from Juventuz members! But you get my point? That's why I dismiss profit making fan clubs as being effectively a rip off! The official Juventus club offers me as an Italian, little or nothing as an individual, either!!! View attachment 33644

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Without the financial support of millions of non-italian-speaking fans in south-east asia none of the clubs would be able to afford half the players they've got...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Unless it's because I couldn't find it, there appears to be no language other than English available on the official Man.Utd website, & if I couldn't find it, I won't be the only one! Even if it's accepted that English is the common international language, you'd think they'd make more effort to accomodate their huge world wide support, many of whom have little or no English!
Does this sound familiar? Substitute Juventus for Man.Utd. & English for Italian...both clubs could do a lot more for their "overseas" fans, but the sad fact of life here is that in dealing with a big business concern which is in effect what both these clubs are about, they're not interested in the individual fan, although I don't doubt that Juve at least would make some kind of accomodation to a 3000+ membership application from Juventuz members! But you get my point? That's why I dismiss profit making fan clubs as being effectively a rip off! The official Juventus club offers me as an Italian, little or nothing as an individual, either!!! View attachment 33644
just checked the manure oficial site and they have english and thai as languages.

check: http://www.manutdth.com/index.jsp?r=1185646058980 (flag is on the right corner)

I am surprised they dont have chinese, considering they have been in asia tournaments.

ok i just checked some other sites as well, acmilan have a lot of language options (english, spanish, portuguese, chinese, japanese and ofcourse italian ) thats 6 languages!

chelsea has english, chinese and korean

bayern english, germany, chinese, korean and spanish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)