How an Amazonian tribe turned a missionary into an atheist (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
ßüякε;1916889 said:
Well, it could be Ahkbar, Akbar, Akhbar, Ahkhbar, Akhbahr....

It could be anything because there is no accepted spelling since we are spelling it phonetically.
Akhbar is wrong because then you'd be pronouncing it wrong. Its pronounced Akbar. so phonetically its Akbar.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Akhbar is wrong because then you'd be pronouncing it wrong. Its pronounced Akbar. so phonetically its Akbar.
Here's what I don't understand though:

If Allah is the greatest, doesn't that imply that there are other gods? I know what they generally say it means, but wouldn't you say that it's a pretty damn weird thing to say?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
islam views people's certain attitudes towards their surrounding as worship, greatest as in only worthy of worship not your boss money or any other worldly pursuit
Well yes, but I still have difficulties with the use of the word greatest. It would mean that there other people or other things in the same league as God. Juventus are the greatest team in the Serie A for example. For me, being most familiar with christian ideas, it is very strange.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well yes, but I still have difficulties with the use of the word greatest. It would mean that there other people or other things in the same league as God. Juventus are the greatest team in the Serie A for example. For me, being most familiar with christian ideas, it is very strange.
not really dogma sees the human as predisposed to worship, as in a void that needs fulfillment, if The Greatest is not the occupier of said void one would lead a restless life looking to fill that void.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Spot on...

Look at it as a Pyramid hierarchy...

ßüякε;1917048 said:
Phonetically it could be Ackbar.

not really dogma sees the human as predisposed to worship, as in a void that needs fulfillment, if The Greatest is not the occupier of said void one would lead a restless life looking to fill that void.
always got it locked up like a convict...save me alot of words...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)