Hernanes (7 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hernanes is a stopgap clearly, because of his age. But given our much youthful side, I am OK with buying a little experience and stability for that position to balance off the much younger players in MF now.

Draxler would have been nice, but 45M for a player with brittle bird bones in his legs is just the stupid Man City money talking. We should be able to land a Gotze for that price, and at least he's not the walking dead and has actually performed in a top-flight club on occasion.

It sucks to wait longer for our future CAM, but this puts off the decision a little longer and buys us some time ... even if we had to overpay a few million in a panic buy.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I was more wondering about your opinion about Hernanes (at this point in his career), and not so much about the mercato overall. Thankfully, the vast majority don't think our mercato was saved by buying Hernanes. :D
Our mercato would not have been saved by buying Draxler either.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Which AM would you rather have gotten?

The only one I can think of is Teixeira, and even here I'm having to rely almost completely on reputation and the 2/3 CL games I've seen of Shaktar.
First off, Llorente for free was pathetic. The excuse of letting him go like that because of his wage is just BS.

If we had done our homework we could have found buyers, especially in the EPL where they love those tall strong strikers. At least 5-7m should be ours. Then Zaza another mistake, 18m, just no.

Using that money towards an AM plus what we already thought about spending (including Vidal's money) I don't see how we couldn't come up with 40/50+m to make an offer for someone like Oscar. Hell, with that kind of money you could even afford to tempt Dortmund about letting Reus go. My grudge with this mercato is this; we spent a lot but not on our main priority.

Let me put it this way: Zaza (who not too long ago was bound to be our fifth striker and warm the bench for a long time) cost more than our so desired AM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)