Henry, Zidane & Ronaldo Nominated For Top Award (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Why that fokin fat bastrad goal machine is that list???

Fuk them... fuk fifa!!!!

I can understand zidane... and mostrly henry this year... BUT RONALDO????????????????????????

that spot could have been for nedved, maldini, r carlos, a lot more that did great jobs in their team..

if his nomination is for the goals he did last seaosn in madrid.... then it must have been ROY MAKKAY the one in that slot.

Oh my god.. i think that a vein of my head will explode.-......

NO nedved??? FOR RONALDO??

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
That's a bunch of BS.

I think dont think Ronaldo or Zidane were as influential this past year as much as Nedved or Maldini.

As much as ai think ZZ is the best player in the world, i dont think He had a great year. Ronaldo was instramental to last season's La Liga, but i still dont think that's enough.

Henry on the other hand deserves it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ill go for Henry till the end.... after all... he really deserve that prize... in the same way Raul.... who have been discarded in the past years for it.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gigi's twin ] ++

Sorry, but I have to remind you, that it is a player award, not a team award. :groan: So it is not important, what Arsenal achieved, but, that Henry played very well last season!
and those three i mentioned didn't? :rolleyes:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Henry- fair enough, he has been good, at least in the top 5.

Zidane- the best player in the world, but not the best player this year.

Ronaldo- fat bastard who had some good glimpses through the season, ummm, yeah...whatever.

rumours are that this award by Fifa is awarded to the player who can generate the most money for Fifa through merchandise:D

Fifa, CREPPA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
That's a bunch of BS.

I think dont think Ronaldo or Zidane were as influential this past year as much as Nedved or Maldini.

As much as ai think ZZ is the best player in the world, i dont think He had a great year. Ronaldo was instramental to last season's La Liga, but i still dont think that's enough.

Henry on the other hand deserves it.
well you made it clear to me that in your opinion Giggs is better than Henry,meaning i dont understand what you mean that Henry deserves it.may i ask you one favour Majed i want you to be reasonable for a while if Giggs is better than Henry then how come you dont nominate giggs to get the best player in the year?:fero:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Even if he thinks Giggs is a better player, to say that he deserves the award would be using the same logic that contributes to the idea that Ronaldo or Zidane deserve the award for last season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Even if he thinks Giggs is a better player, to say that he deserves the award would be using the same logic that contributes to the idea that Ronaldo or Zidane deserve the award for last season.
well Giggs has never and will never reach the level that Henry reached because until now Giggs has never been one of the best 3 players in the world which Henry is now so this is evidence for sally and Majed that Henry is better than Giggs:greedy:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
well Giggs has never and will never reach the level that Henry reached because until now Giggs has never been one of the best 3 players in the world which Henry is now so this is evidence for sally and Majed that Henry is better than Giggs:greedy:
Giggs has won much more than Henry at club level, and when he was a youngster back in '93, he was considered for the golden ball award. Of course at the time, he was up against the likes of Baggio, Romario, Gullit and Cantona...as well as Bergkamp at his best.

Henry isn't better than those players were at the time

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i didnt say Henry was better than them but he is better than giggs as for giggs winning more than henry then of course he'll win more for two reasons

1.he's older.
2.he plays for man utd while henry played for monaco and a sub for juve.

so if your going to measure who's better than who by that way then G.Neville is much better than Nedved:stuckup:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Actually, a large chunk of Man U's success this decade can be attributed to Giggs. The same can't be said of Neville. It's completely different.

Do you think Henry will win as much with Arsenal as much as Giggs has with Man U? I don't.

OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    11/26/2003. Yet again this year the majority of football supporters across the globe have been left scratching their heads at the nominations for the World Player of the Year.

The trio up for selection have been revealed today as Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane and Thierry Henry..... (I'll give you a few minutes to look at those names again)..... and yes you did read it right first time, the name of Czech Republic midfielder Pavel Nedved is not there!

Surely some mistake I can hear you say? But no, the wisdom of 142 national managers have selected Ronaldo ahead of the Juventus midfielder and for that matter AC Milan's living legend Paolo Maldini.

The decision is simply baffling as you've told us in your droves on our message board and on our poll, which is emphatically in favour of Nedved rather than the goofy Brazilian, who won the award last year, as well as in 1996 and 1997.

Lets take a look at the evidence to explain just why this is a travesty:

Nedved inspired Juventus to the Scudetto this year and also to the Champions League final, which he consequently missed through suspension, and it was clearly the biggest factor, along with Dida's penalty saving, why Juve didn't lift the trophy.

It doesn't end there as Nedved also played a key role in the Czech Republic's superb achievement in topping their Euro 2004 qualification group ahead of the Netherlands.

So what does Ronaldo have to offer in comparison? Well, I'm not suggesting he's had a bad year, but he hasn't been electric for Real Madrid or Brazil in 2003. Admittedly he played a large part in Real's La Liga success, although many would say that was fortunate and undeserved. Meanwhile, in the Champions League, Ronaldo was helpless to stop Real being outclassed by Nedved's Juve in their semi-final defeat.

While there are many calls for Maldini to be included in the running for this reward there is also a strong case for the other two players up for the award. It is true that a number of the points against Ronaldo also apply to Zidane, but the midfielder was a much more consistent performer than his fellow Galactico, while he also helped to inspire France to a 100% record in their Euro 2004 group.

Few can question Zidane's name from being short-listed for any award as he is without question a genius and in my opinion is the best player of his generation, but his departure from Juventus two-years ago has hardly been noticed, thanks to that man Nedved.

There is no doubt in my mind that Thierry Henry's inclusion is a correct decision and of the three candidates he should now be crowned the winner when the award is dished out in Basle next month.

The French striker has outlined his class more than ever before in the past 12 months, even though he couldn't lead Arsenal to the Premiership title, or to success in the Champions League, up until Tuesday's imperious display against Inter Milan. However, at times he has looked like he's carrying a football club on his shoulders, while he was brilliant on the international scene and also led Arsenal to win the FA Cup.

I'm yet to hear anyone defend Ronaldo's inclusion, so who on this earth voted for him? The respective football federations of those managers among the 142 polled that named the former Barcelona and Inter Milan superstar should be rethinking their appointment, as the man in charge of their team clearly has some stardust in between his ears.

Ronaldo is a global phenomenon, as is the image of the Brazilian football team, so reputation has surely won the striker the majority of his votes rather than his performances, which if is the case makes this prize a joke and not worth the publicity as it is little more than a popularity contest.

Aug 1, 2003
    after reading the nominees' names, i must confess i am surprised beckham is not in the list. isn't he 'popular' enough for the award? :groan:

fifa is shite. im so angry nedved is not nominated. i didn't mind henry, zizou was not the best player last season but then again hes a nominee every year so no surprises there, and ronaldo? ugh! :mad:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Actually, a large chunk of Man U's success this decade can be attributed to Giggs. The same can't be said of Neville. It's completely different.

Do you think Henry will win as much with Arsenal as much as Giggs has with Man U? I don't.
    well of course not but if we put Henry in man utd and giggs in arsenal then of corse arsenal will end in tenth place but man utd will win the CL plus Henry won the WC 2 confedrations cups and a european cup on international level.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
    Honestly I hope Ronaldo gets it.

Then the whole world can be foking sure that FIFA is just shit.

:groan:
    :LOL: I was dismayed by your first sentence and was about to give you a big lecture about knowing $#!^ all about football...

Your second sentence made my day :thumb:::D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)