Henry, Zidane & Ronaldo Nominated For Top Award (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Even so, he does deserve the recognition.

These nonimations just go to show the narrow-minded state of football today.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
:LOL: okay. i hate these image things- like, just because hes ronaldo and zidane he gets to swap all the awards and great players like nedved doesn't get the recognition. bloody hell!!
I do agree with you that Nedved deserves to be from the top 3 or even win it.but you know the Fifa dont only count club level they also count NT level which is 100% for Ronaldo.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
LOL for FIFA...,

Though I must say that I am totally agree with the record that Ronaldo holds for Int. Matches, but the team is Brazil. I bet you can name almost every starting players of Brazil, but how about the Czech Rep. can you name the players? (Of course without looking at sources).

He was great in Liga as well, but just take a look at the lineup of his (Ronaldo) team-mates as well. Though this doesn't imply Juve players is not good in quality. A good reason for this maybe is due to the, Popularity.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Who gives a flying **** about FIFA world player of the year; it's the Golden Ball that matters.
but the Golden ball is awarded to the best player in Europe.but FIFA's award is awarded to the best in the WORLD!!there is a difference.;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
but the Golden ball is awarded to the best player in Europe.but FIFA's award is awarded to the best in the WORLD!!there is a difference.;)
There's no difference since all nominees end up being players playing in Europe! The Golden Ball is more prestigious, that's what everyone looks more forward to.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
How on earth is the golden ball more valuable? It used to be but not anymore , I am not sure how you can say something in which there are 50 nominees is somehow more valuable than something in which is narrowed to what is considered to be the best 3 in the world.

The European player of the year aka as the gloden ball has been devalued of late to be honest ever since it stopped been for European players but now includes everyone who plays in Europe , its almost now like Uefa cup to world's player of the year CL

Even when Owen won it , it was not such as big a deal in England compared to the anticipation of whether Beckham would win world's player of the year in 1999

Nedved ought to have been there in my view and to be honest I am not too sure about Henry

Lets face it he was part of the Arsenal side which choked in the premiership to had over the title to Man united, he was not the leading goal scorer in the league , that was Ruud , Arsenal did not even get to the quarters of Cl, he did not score the winning goal in Fa cup

If Arsenal do actually go out , of the Cl which they can still do, his heriocs in the san siro would be meaningless

How many times last season , did ronaldo drag Real out of a mess with his goals and he did actually win La Liga

Henry mostly shone while his team were on top and was no where to be found while they struggled to hold on to their championship, while you might say its not the team that counts but the individual, football is a team sport and you cannot be the best if you somehow cannot inspire your team to win the league or Cl or not even be top goal scorer. He had I think the same amount of goals with that donkey , James Beattie and even this season he is trainling Shearer who is 33 and is playing in a vastly inferior team
Every neutral fan in England would tell you the best player last season in England was Ruud anyways

Zidane is the worlds finest player so to be the man you have to beat the man, I guess

And in the best game last season Real vs Man united , in a match full of stars, he stoood head and shoulders above the rest and he did in fact help Real Madrid to win the league

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lets face it he was part of the Arsenal side which choked in the premiership to had over the title to Man united, he was not the leading goal scorer in the league , that was Ruud , Arsenal did not even get to the quarters of Cl, he did not score the winning goal in Fa cup
load of crap.:groan:
what do you expect from him,he's the teams goalscorer and playmaker and for your info he scored 24 goals(less with one goal than RVN)and created 19(more with 15 than RVN)and he was the best player in the EPL,and lets not forget the top scorer of the confederations cup,so he led France to that championship.

although in Nedveds case he may be better than Henry,but RVN is definetly not.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
load of crap.:groan:
what do you expect from him,he's the teams goalscorer and playmaker and for your info he scored 24 goals(less with one goal than RVN)and created 19(more with 15 than RVN)and he was the best player in the EPL,and lets not forget the top scorer of the confederations cup,so he led France to that championship.

although in Nedveds case he may be better than Henry,but RVN is definetly not.

please, without RVN, Manutd would almost be relegated and would never make it pass the first group stage in CL

Aug 1, 2003
I wouldnt say MU would be relegated. MU with cantona leaving, you woulda thought they're screwed but they win the treble.

and........
Juve without Zizou, you'd thought they'd suck but they won serie a in two consecutive years and runners up for CL :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Both henry and Ruud are vital for their teams.

Just imagine arsenal without henry.. who is the one who scores almost all the goals in arsenal...
I even think that ManU can resist a little more without Ruud... but arsenal would dissapear if hnry leaves, thats for sure.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Both henry and Ruud are vital for their teams.

Just imagine arsenal without henry.. who is the one who scores almost all the goals in arsenal...
I even think that ManU can resist a little more without Ruud... but arsenal would dissapear if hnry leaves, thats for sure.
may i add?
he scores almost all the goals and creates almost all too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)