Henry, Zidane & Ronaldo Nominated For Top Award (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gigi's twin ] ++

I agree with Neddy and Gigi of course, but Maldini!
captain of champions league winning side.
zizou won the award in 98 for his performance in wc in france. rather for h two goals. no one remember his red card against saudi arabia.

OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #44
    The same thing happens with the best player of the Millennium. I think Pele was a great player but Maradona is God of Football but because of some stupid political reasons Pele was awarded which not fair.

Any way is this award the Gold ball award?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Okay lets take a step back for just a few minutes, leave our biased views behind and concentrate on how International coaches view matches. I am not talking about European club managers but all over the world

They look at international matches ie national games and club matches in Cl , they don't always get to watch individual league games

Now if we base it on that then from what they have seen of Nedved would not be good enough for them to say he is the best in the world, in the Cl he was anonymous in most matches except for Real at home and he missed the final altogether, he is not the biggest influence in the czech rep and they not been high profile would count against him too (not fair , I know but thats life)

The final itself apart from defenders and the goal keepers noone came out of that match with any credit from their point of view

Now they have seen Ronaldo score a hatrick against Man united at Old trafford, destroy Juventus in one half and when he went off injured we came into the game, seen Real madrid play some of the best football the world has ever seen in Cl last season and Ronaldo scoring for Brazil

Zidane well the same and to add they have seen France with Zz winning all their matches in euro2004 qualifiers

They have seen Henry score a hatrick in Rome against Roma, and score almost everytime for France in both euro2004 qualifiers and the confederation's cup

I do not know how much they show Juve in south America but not having that many south america players in our team would not help our cause in them showing us over there, theyd probably show more of Inter and Roma over there, I do not know

Personally, Ronaldo does deserve his nomination for he more than anyone made Real Madrid win the league and he did reasonably well in the Cl

The Italian league is probably paying for the fact that they play very defensively and when you are under the spotlight as they were in cl final , they should have done more to entertain

I don't mind it, most of us on here like it but the rest of the world do not like it, so why would u think they'd vote for players in the Italian league

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Okay lets take a step back for just a few minutes, leave our biased views behind and concentrate on how International coaches view matches. I am not talking about European club managers but all over the world

They look at international matches ie national games and club matches in Cl , they don't always get to watch individual league games

Now if we base it on that then from what they have seen of Nedved would not be good enough for them to say he is the best in the world, in the Cl he was anonymous in most matches except for Real at home and he missed the final altogether, he is not the biggest influence in the czech rep and they not been high profile would count against him too (not fair , I know but thats life)

The final itself apart from defenders and the goal keepers noone came out of that match with any credit from their point of view

Now they have seen Ronaldo score a hatrick against Man united at Old trafford, destroy Juventus in one half and when he went off injured we came into the game, seen Real madrid play some of the best football the world has ever seen in Cl last season and Ronaldo scoring for Brazil

Zidane well the same and to add they have seen France with Zz winning all their matches in euro2004 qualifiers

They have seen Henry score a hatrick in Rome against Roma, and score almost everytime for France in both euro2004 qualifiers and the confederation's cup

I do not know how much they show Juve in south America but not having that many south america players in our team would not help our cause in them showing us over there, theyd probably show more of Inter and Roma over there, I do not know

Personally, Ronaldo does deserve his nomination for he more than anyone made Real Madrid win the league and he did reasonably well in the Cl

The Italian league is probably paying for the fact that they play very defensively and when you are under the spotlight as they were in cl final , they should have done more to entertain

I don't mind it, most of us on here like it but the rest of the world do not like it, so why would u think they'd vote for players in the Italian league

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Anyways, i think that MOrientes, if they just had gave the opportunity to him.. could have scored goals like ronaldo did. The own raul could have done that...and be promoted toi the prize instead of RONEY.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    whatever you guys say in the end i was right about Henry all of you or most of you didnt agree with me but in the end look at the results

FORZA HENRY!!!!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    If we can stop with the Henry worshipping for just one second ...

The anti Ronaldo crap thats been written here is absolute rubbish. Yes, he gets nominated for it every year...yes he usually doesn't deserve to be anywhere close..but look at what he's achieved!

Without Ronaldo Real would have got nothing last year IMO! He kept them in the CL for a long time by himself almost..he practically won them the league, and showed finally some of the form from many years ago when everyone was raving about him as some kind of footballing god.

Zidane is in there simply because he is the most talented player in the world and most entertaining to watch. He's not had a particularly productive year though. Henry has had a good year but Arsenal have won sod all so IMO he is lucky to be there also.

Nedved's had a great year, not quite so great as people are making out but certainly good enough to be in the top three, ditto Maldini. FIFA hates calcio though, we have to live with that and move on!!

Afterall its only a mickey mouse trophy..who honestly gives a damn anyway?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Afterall its only a mickey mouse trophy..who honestly gives a damn anyway?
    Be that as it may, it's just that we feel that Pavel should get the recognition he deserves, since in all honesty, last season was probably the best football he's gonna play

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

captain of champions league winning side.
    zizou won the award in 98 for his performance in wc in france. rather for h two goals. no one remember his red card against saudi arabia.
    Yeah, he was the captain, and? If Juve won, we would talk about Del Piero now? I think Maldini did nothing special last season! Just played as usual!

And I still remember that red card of Zidane! How could I forget that?

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gigi's twin ] ++

Yeah, he was the captain, and? If Juve won, we would talk about Del Piero now? I think Maldini did nothing special last season! Just played as usual!

And I still remember that red card of Zidane! How could I forget that?

but maldini's usual is unreachable for most of players.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ronaldo and zizou shouldnt be on the list, especially Zizou

this is an outrage..but i thing because of what Nedved says "These awards bore me" or stuff like that, he isnt on the top 3.

:rolleyes:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    but hey Gray what are you saying?! Henry definitely deserves it. Since he did win the ENGLISH FA CUP!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! he won the FA!!! give it too him, even if Nedved was the main reason Juve won the Serie A and reach the CL final. :howler: the Serie A and CL Final? thats nothing compared to winning the FA CUP and being second top scorer in the Premiership last season :eek: second top scorer! thats...thats..thats even better than RvN who was topscorer! :rolleyes: who gives a shit if you're topscorer when Henry was second top-scorer :thumb: :thumb:

And did you see his EXTRODINARY consistensy in the CL last season. I mean, come on, he just makes you wanna stand up and salute him. :jawdrop:

Henry fully deserves it, since he's being THE best player in the last few seasons! :thumb:

Give a hand to henry people, he's the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)