Hector Herrera - CM - Porto (7 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why is this guy considered to be such a beast? Never saw him and never heard much hype about him, so I'm asking.
He is a very energetic good box to box player, nice addition to the team if we get him, but this forum is 300% exaggerating about him, its kinda ridicolous reading most of these sudden superflous hype posts past weeks, seriously revoke the fap smiley with how much its abused. And to think he is worthy of being Pogba replacement is flat out laughable.

And I say this as someone who has wanted to see him in Juve shirt in past years (adds bite and real dynamic presence to any midfield). As Mark and resident mexican expert can attest to.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    He's not a ball winner like Arturo. He's a fireball that loves to get in the opponents box. I've followed him more with his NT and he's amazing there. I heard with Porto a little less.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    He is a very energetic good box to box player, nice addition to the team if we get him, but this forum is 300% exaggerating about him, its kinda ridicolous reading most of these sudden superflous hype posts past weeks, seriously revoke the fap smiley with how much its abused. And to think he is worthy of being Pogba replacement is flat out laughable.

And I say this as someone who has wanted to see him in Juve shirt in past years (adds bite and real dynamic presence to any midfield). As Mark and resident mexican expert can attest to.
    I think it's because of Moggi's recent comments.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
    Herrera is great with Mexico, but according to many Porto fans i've read about he isn't as good with them as with the NT. Quite inconsistent and a rather controversial player among Porto fans, in the sense that many have higher expectations of him than he has delivered on the field.

Still a better option than Witsel or Sissoko for after Pogba, but either way we are in for a massive downgrade. We need to find a player who is good, but can make a big jump once settled at Juve. Herrera may be the best bet for that out of not many options.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I don't think anyone is saying that he is the Pogba replacement. The guy in your avatar is more or less the replacement. Adding this guy to our club gives a very different dynamic to whom is he is going to be lining up with, and it will be something that we need.

Hence, I fap. And I dare you to stop me.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Strengths - passing. I thought hes Vidal 2.0 :boh:
    Just without the defensive finesse. His a good reader of the game with good interceptions but not the best when it comes to tackling. But this guy is a workhorse so you can certainly say there are similarities.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I don't think anyone is saying that he is the Pogba replacement. The guy in your avatar is more or less the replacement. Adding this guy to our club gives a very different dynamic to whom is he is going to be lining up with, and it will be something that we need.

Hence, I fap. And I dare you to stop me.
    I don't think we are allowed to field 13 players.

May 22, 2007
    I first watched Herrera at the 2014 World Cup where he looked really dynamic, and he has reminded me of a worse version of Vidal in some ways during the few Porto games I have seen since. So I am a fan of his, and he looks like a player that would be dependable for Juve based on his energy and work rate, but shouldn't the club aim higher? I say that because Juve have to consider starting the season without a player like Marchisio and then account for the fact that Khedira/Asamoah have had their difficulties remaining fit on top of Pogba's quality leaving.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I first watched Herrera at the 2014 World Cup where he looked really dynamic, and he has reminded me of a worse version of Vidal in some ways during the few Porto games I have seen since. So I am a fan of his, and he looks like a player that would be dependable for Juve based on his energy and work rate, but shouldn't the club aim higher? I say that because Juve have to consider starting the season without a player like Marchisio and then account for the fact that Khedira/Asamoah have had their difficulties remaining fit on top of Pogba's quality leaving.
    What are the higher options? State and elaborate. Keep in mind though, we are likely going for two mids.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Herrera is great with Mexico, but according to many Porto fans i've read about he isn't as good with them as with the NT. Quite inconsistent and a rather controversial player among Porto fans, in the sense that many have higher expectations of him than he has delivered on the field.

Still a better option than Witsel or Sissoko for after Pogba, but either way we are in for a massive downgrade. We need to find a player who is good, but can make a big jump once settled at Juve. Herrera may be the best bet for that out of not many options.
    Another Isla then.

May 22, 2007
    What are the higher options? State and elaborate. Keep in mind though, we are likely going for two mids.
    The likes of Verratti/Rakitic are both at clubs that will probably say no to any request, but along those lines. The midfielders in this thread http://www.juventuz.com/threads/42643-Mids-to-take-Paul-s-spot aren't particularly inspiring either, apart from Mascherano.

Kante was one name I had my eye on actually, but that is out of the question now as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)