Gym and fitness (24 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Dislocated my shoulder this morning with sparring. Got a shot at the point of my elbow and it just snapped. Third time in my life that this happens, but the last 2 times were ~13 years ago when I was in my teens. Afterwards I started to go to the gym and never really had any troubles with my shoulder again. Dont think I ever landed as much punches as today, and then of course thips happens. What a bummer

Screenshot_20230930-134135_Gallery.jpg

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Dislocated my shoulder this morning with sparring. Got a shot at the point of my elbow and it just snapped. Third time in my life that this happens, but the last 2 times were ~13 years ago when I was in my teens. Afterwards I started to go to the gym and never really had any troubles with my shoulder again. Dont think I ever landed as much punches as today, and then of course thips happens. What a bummer

That's rough man, sounds painful. Hope the recovery is quick.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

Ouch dude! Keep us posted on your recovery.

What's your plan in the meantime? Will you be able to do anything, or just complete rest?

Jun 16, 2020
Ouch dude! Keep us posted on your recovery.

What's your plan in the meantime? Will you be able to do anything, or just complete rest?
Even though is quite painfull and scary when it happens, I dont think that its the worst of injuries. Have to go back to the hospital this week for a check up, wont surprise me if i'm back at it after a week or 2/3. In the meantime i'll just rest, no sports for me.

Right now it feels a bit loose and sensitive, but not very painfull anymore.

Probably the right thing to do is finding some specific exercises to strengthen that area in the comming months.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
About to start a new cut, target is 6%

IMG_20231006_000254.jpg
How's it going bro?

- - - Updated - - -

Even though is quite painfull and scary when it happens, I dont think that its the worst of injuries. Have to go back to the hospital this week for a check up, wont surprise me if i'm back at it after a week or 2/3. In the meantime i'll just rest, no sports for me.

Right now it feels a bit loose and sensitive, but not very painfull anymore.

Probably the right thing to do is finding some specific exercises to strengthen that area in the comming months.
And how is your recovery?

Jun 16, 2020
How's it going bro?

- - - Updated - - -

And how is your recovery?
Coincidentally I went to the hospital today for a check up. I don’t feel any pain or inconvenience anymore, maybe sometimes with some spontaneous movement it feels a bit awkward. The doctor has send me to an orthopedist because it’s the third time that it has happened, starting from next week I’ll do some light training again. Hopefully I’ll be able to go boxing again during that weekend. Trying to stick to their advise because based on my feeling now I could already start this weekend.

Jun 16, 2020
First time boxing again, shoulder feels good but I was a bit afraid. Didn’t give more than 70%. Tuesday I’ll have to visit a orthopaedist, the only time when I feel my shoulder is when I leave a parking spot and I make those turning movements with my arm or sometimes with sudden movements, curious what they will say. Sharpness after 3 weeks of sitting still was definitely off today.

Jun 16, 2020
Unexpectedly the doctor advised me surgery, I can also choose to not do it with the risk of dislocating my shoulder more often. Will have a MRI scan in December and surgery somewhere next year, already decided to do it tbh. I was expecting to have a conversation about specific exercises. In the meantime I’ll just continue with training and boxing

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Unexpectedly the doctor advised me surgery, I can also choose to not do it with the risk of dislocating my shoulder more often. Will have a MRI scan in December and surgery somewhere next year, already decided to do it tbh. I was expecting to have a conversation about specific exercises. In the meantime I’ll just continue with training and boxing
Hopefully the surgery comes off without a hitch bro keep us posted.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Get a second opinion, and definitely drop boxing or any activity that involves swinging your arm violently. Go for slow controlled rehab type exercise.

Jun 16, 2020
Get a second opinion, and definitely drop boxing or any activity that involves swinging your arm violently. Go for slow controlled rehab type exercise.
I think that I’ll try to visit my GP in the coming days and ask for physiotherapy, I could really use some specific exercises.

With boxing you’re probably right but I’m not willing to give it up tbh. Sounds stupid and stubborn but I really like it to much, I went both Saturday and Sunday and really loved every second of it. I discussed it today with the doctor, he said that I can continue if I don’t go to hard or fight any matches, wasn’t planning to do the latter anyway. He showed me some specific movements that I should avoid and I’ve been thinking to adjust my stance to keep my elbow less exposed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If you've dislocated it before, I don't think surgery is that unexpected tbh.

Shoulders are tricky though. Get a decent surgeon and make sure you're able to mobilize it properly afterwards. You don't want to end up with a frozen shoulder.

Jun 16, 2020
If you've dislocated it before, I don't think surgery is that unexpected tbh.

Shoulders are tricky though. Get a decent surgeon and make sure you're able to mobilize it properly afterwards. You don't want to end up with a frozen shoulder.
I was still in the illusion that I could strengthen the area with exercises tbh.

Looking back to it, prior to this time the last time when I dislocated it (~12/13 years ago) I had to visit the hospital. I got my shoulder back by myself and really didn’t think about it anymore. Probably already had surgery for it back then if I went to the hospital for some medical advise.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I think that I’ll try to visit my GP in the coming days and ask for physiotherapy, I could really use some specific exercises.

With boxing you’re probably right but I’m not willing to give it up tbh. Sounds stupid and stubborn but I really like it to much, I went both Saturday and Sunday and really loved every second of it. I discussed it today with the doctor, he said that I can continue if I don’t go to hard or fight any matches, wasn’t planning to do the latter anyway. He showed me some specific movements that I should avoid and I’ve been thinking to adjust my stance to keep my elbow less exposed.
Best of luck brother

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)