Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just had appointment with the surgeon for my shoulder. Based on the scans it’s a bit 50/50. There’s damage but less than you’d expect, besides that mobility, stability and strength are still good.

I can basically decide what to do. It won’t be a heavy operation if I decide to do it, without any risks of less shoulder mobility in the future, but damn the recovery is so long. At least a month not being able to use your shoulder, a few months regaining mobility and strength and the whole process takes up to 6 months.
If you have a good surgeon he should be able to give you a recommendation (based on lifestyle, activity level, sports/fitness goals) as to whether surgery would be the better option for you or not.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Just had appointment with the surgeon for my shoulder. Based on the scans it’s a bit 50/50. There’s damage but less than you’d expect, besides that mobility, stability and strength are still good.

I can basically decide what to do. It won’t be a heavy operation if I decide to do it, without any risks of less shoulder mobility in the future, but damn the recovery is so long. At least a month not being able to use your shoulder, a few months regaining mobility and strength and the whole process takes up to 6 months.
What is it that's actually damaged?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@GordoDeCentral

You ever use dead bench to help build strength right off the chest? I’ve been using it for about 6 weeks and busted through a plateau around 112kg (247lbs) to move up to 124kg (273lbs). Going to cycle out of it for the next couple months. But definitely never felt this strong at the bottom of the lift before.

You have any tips on pushing the last 16kg up to 3 plates?

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
@GordoDeCentral

You ever use dead bench to help build strength right off the chest? I’ve been using it for about 6 weeks and busted through a plateau around 112kg (247lbs) to move up to 124kg (273lbs). Going to cycle out of it for the next couple months. But definitely never felt this strong at the bottom of the lift before.

You have any tips on pushing the last 16kg up to 3 plates?

Awesome that's really good progress for 6 weeks, are you going with a powerlifter stance or a more "normal" one?

Also @dru next time you are back home you gotta check out this gym in las colinas, place is completely wild. I was doing some post workout progress pics and vids today and when i got home to check em out i spotted this little easter egg:

Attachments

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Awesome that's really good progress for 6 weeks, are you going with a powerlifter stance or a more "normal" one?

Also @dru next time you are back home you gotta check out this gym in las colinas, place is completely wild. I was doing some post workout progress pics and vids today and when i got home to check em out i spotted this little easter egg:
Damn bro, you look good

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Thanks. Really happy with it. More of a normal stance, little bit of back arch, but nothing wild. Not too wide a grip. When (if) I hit 3 plates, I’ll definitely post a video of it here on the Tuz.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

Don't challenge me, I tend to take shit seriously. Who have a coach like her can build a perfect body with memorable moment during training.
Anyway, i use L-Arginine. It gives me just as good a pump and it's safer.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Thanks. Really happy with it. More of a normal stance, little bit of back arch, but nothing wild. Not too wide a grip. When (if) I hit 3 plates, I’ll definitely post a video of it here on the Tuz.

Definitely when. Just do another strength cycle maybe 9-12 week one, and for sure you'll hit it with proper food. Also check with someone a bit more experienced on your leg drive, that should help.

Jun 16, 2020
What is it that's actually damaged?
There’s damage both on the bone as the cartilage around it. Overall for the 3 times that it happened the damage isn’t too bad, but there’s damage. So as JuveJay said, short term pain for longer term gain. I planned the surgery in September, quite a long wait but due to personal circumstances I rather wait a bit. Don’t really want to recover during the holidays either.

For now no problems whatsoever with the shoulder. Not with training or boxing

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Did barbell squats yesterday for the first time in 474 days. Only a plate, but still it was nice to do it again. My knee felt ok, but my back wasn't happy about it so it's likely not something I'll be doing frequently anymore unfortunately.

Tried to 1 rep a 2 plate bench today and couldn't, used to be able to do about 3 or so reps before the surgery so that sucks. Back to basics for now I guess.

Jun 16, 2020
Going into the last week of the first quarter this year I can definitely say that it were positive months for me. Bar the first week of January (holidays) I trained 6 times per week almost every week. Not all perfect work outs, had some tuesdays were I was late from work, and with kids, the household, cooking and stuff I sometimes just did 6 to 8 exercises with dumbells at home, but tried to keep momentum. Until half February I did 4 work outs with weights and 2 times boxing per week, after that I switched things up and went 3 times boxing and did 3 work outs with weights. Stamina massively improved as a result of it.

Probably wont be able to have another 3 months like this, wasnt even planning to do so in January, but when I realised at a certain point that I could complete 3 months it became a mental thing and I just wanted to achieve it. Crazy enough gained some weight, dont know exactly how and why, maybe just due to muscle growth.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
A few weeks in Patagonia without lifting, drinking way too much wine (and those pisco/calafate sours), and eating too much rich, heavy food… and bench dropped from 280 my last workout before leaving to 255 in my first workout back. Hedonism :lol2:
I mean the choice is obvious right?

A few weeks in Patagonia without lifting, drinking wine (and those pisco/calafate sours), and eating rich, heavy food and a 255 bench OR…… a 280 bench.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How did you like Argentina??
Stuck to the Chilean part as we only had a few weeks and it would have been a nuisance to take the rental car across the border. Drove the Carretara Austral down from Puerto Montt to Rio Tranquilo and then across Lago General Carreta to Chile Chico to visit the Jeinimeni section of Patagonia national park. Beautiful part of the world, so many great hikes and alpine lakes, a few kayak/boat trips around glaciers and marble caves. And a lot of good food and wine in small towns along the way.

I’m going to Tanzania for a month in December and then Georgia for 2 months next August-September. But will definitely be looking to visit Argentina after those two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)