Gym and fitness (19 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I hate gym and working out, I mean I love it but it's such an uphill battle.

I became some sort of gym freak/addict, I hardly missed a training in the last 2 years, almost every week I've been working out at least three times per week (when I was busy), but four or five times per week was more common.

I even decided to go to gym again, instead of working out at home gym, and that was blessing too, I significantly improved all my numbers, I could squat 170kg's while weighing around 86-87kg's.

Unfortunately all the good things must come to an end. First I managed to break my foot (i dropped the 20kg's plate on my foot), but it wasn't that serious, I recovered in a 7 days and immediately started working out again.

However since gym wasn't enough for me anymore, I started cycling too and on a rest day (from gym) I fell of the bike and broke an arm, my hand was immobilized for three weeks, and still 2 months later I feel slight pain and when working out my wrist hurts so I hardly trained at all.

To summarize things I've lost huge chunk of my gains and strength :( I know there is muscle memory and everything, but still it's very depressing...

I don't know why, but I had to share this...

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

I became some sort of gym freak/addict, I hardly missed a training in the last 2 years, almost every week I've been working out at least three times per week (when I was busy), but four or five times per week was more common.

I even decided to go to gym again, instead of working out at home gym, and that was blessing too, I significantly improved all my numbers, I could squat 170kg's while weighing around 86-87kg's.

Unfortunately all the good things must come to an end. First I managed to break my foot (i dropped the 20kg's plate on my foot), but it wasn't that serious, I recovered in a 7 days and immediately started working out again.

However since gym wasn't enough for me anymore, I started cycling too and on a rest day (from gym) I fell of the bike and broke an arm, my hand was immobilized for three weeks, and still 2 months later I feel slight pain and when working out my wrist hurts so I hardly trained at all.

To summarize things I've lost huge chunk of my gains and strength :( I know there is muscle memory and everything, but still it's very depressing...

Injuries are a bitch bro and like you said the time off is pretty depressing but I'm confident you will come back stronger and do even better, just be a bit patient

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Injuries are a bitch bro and like you said the time off is pretty depressing but I'm confident you will come back stronger and do even better, just be a bit patient
Thanks bro', today I'll try to train at home, and from September I should join the gym again.

Heavy and hard on compound exercises, get swole and slowly with clean eating get cut up.
I found fully body workout made from compound moves is great for thick dense muscles and combined with higher tempo (short rest periods) it's also great for abs.

Also even though I lost more than 5-7kg's I realized that I managed to save a solid frame, something that never happened before. Event the strength level is not that bad...

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Hi guys
I have a question related to this thread.
Im usually a guy that cant do sport things unless they are masked - For example I have a tough time going to a gym on a constant basis and I end up giving up after 3-4 times..
I do however do some sport activity through playing basketball with friends..

I was wondering about EMS Abs Stimulator that people sell online on Amazon and other sites - I guess its garbage but I want to ask anyway - Did anyone here try these EMS Abs Stimulators?
What are your experiences from it - good, bad, meh?
Abs work indirectly through all of the compound movements in your work out plan. If you want to to add in additional ab isolation work, feel free to do so.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Abs work indirectly through all of the compound movements in your work out plan. If you want to to add in additional ab isolation work, feel free to do so.
I didnt understand anything from what you said.
I dont have any workout plan and I dont intend to go to the gym because of the reasons I wrote in my previous post.
The question is clear - EMS Abs Stimulator - Does it work well or is it just another way for people to get people`s money?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I dont have any workout plan and I dont intend to go to the gym because of the reasons I wrote in my previous post.
The question is clear - EMS Abs Stimulator - Does it work well or is it just another way for people to get people`s money?
of course it doesn't fucking work.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
i don't see any logic to convince me into buying one. as i know You need to at least incorporate strength compound workouts and be fit. it can work as a secondhand workout while regaining your body.
What if someone puts it on dic?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

I know it's really, really hard to wait it out but you're going to just have to give it time to make sure you're fully healed. Once that happens, you can go back and show them all how it's done.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't see any logic to convince me into buying one. as i know You need to at least incorporate strength compound workouts and be fit. it can work as a secondhand workout while regaining your body.
What if someone puts it on dic?
Asking the real questions out here.

giphy.gif

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
You can forget those Ab stimulators etc, they're just marketing trick and if you even consider such a thing, it's a clear sign that you really don't like to train, but you would like to look good. It's one of those todays problems, you would like to look good without any training included + you would like to eat whatever you want to and i can tell, there's no shortcuts. Everybody has some sort of abs, they just might not show up unless your fat % is below 10(especially the lower ones, the upper ones might come out at 15 or something) and that's the hardest thing so basically, everything starts from the kitchen regardless. Also, the older you get, the slower your metabolismn will be and it's just pure evolution and something you can't change. Thousands of years ago we needed to survive and learn to use all the incoming calories for a stock because we didn't have that much to eat or atleast not that often and nowdays it means if you eat 1 chocolate bar, you will need to 45mins of exercise bike to burn it off, which makes it harder to lose weight to get lean body and having those so called Ab's to show off. We are also designed survive, so when you're eating less calories than you're spending, your body will be able to do it and it's called diet/dieting, so it makes it possible to lose weight. Only problem with this is the fact that i mentioned above, it's way harder to diet just because of the evolution so it takes alot of self-discipline to actually have results appearence wise. What im trying to say in here is that you can't cheat the evolution with those so called Ab stimulators and as long as you ain't having that fat % of 10-15, you ain't going to have any results a human eye can see.

Didn't really get the point of why you're investing on it, but that's the reason for most of the people, to actually have Ab's because of those so called Ab stimulators. If you want just to strenghten your Ab's, well it won't do anything for the deeper Ab's which are the most important for your core, as it prevents you from all the kind of back problems etc, because if your core is strong, you will naturally have it always tight if you pick up something or lifting something heavier. All kind of leg lifts, planks, power wheel etc are good for your core and of course, those compound movements which are requiring a strong core. Most of the people when doing squat for example, would have the power on the legs area but are lacking the power area, so the lift won't come up even your legs would be powerful enough. So, invest on the stronger core, Ab stimulators have nothing to do with it and if you want to have your abs showing up, invest on the proper eating program - that's about it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Ab implants also worth considering. Much pricier of course but longer lasting.
Working out is not about lookism but about hardening your body and mind by overcoming difficulties, staying focused and becoming a better version of yourself continuously. By considering a shortcut like implants one lowers himself into the swamp to the lowest creature of them all, the woman. In lifting your journey is your destination

Jun 6, 2015
Working out is not about lookism but about hardening your body and mind by overcoming difficulties, staying focused and becoming a better version of yourself continuously. By considering a shortcut like implants one lowers himself into the swamp to the lowest creature of them all, the woman. In lifting your journey is your destination
I took a shortcut and didn't read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)