Gym and fitness (21 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What's likely the optimum diet for longevity?

Quite a keto or high fat, low carb, anti-grain craze going on right now.
Probably veganism or something equally awful. Fuck longevity if that's the cost.

Anyway who can recommend some headphones for running? The catch is they have to be over ear headphones, i can't wear the inner ear buds.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Some combination of many things.
Yeah, a varied whole foods, natural diet where you basically eat everything in moderation seems to be the healthiest.

Natural not as in the label which means nothing (at least in the US), but wild caught fish, wild game, grass-finished beef, etc. Might apply to some GMOs and grains too. Things our ancestors ate for millions of years.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
i love that logic. base your diet around what was eaten by people who were lucky to reach 20 and ate whatever they could to avoid starvation.
Is your logic based on thinking our DNA and genes change rapidly within 50 years? They don't. They're very slow to change. The reason why processed vegetable oils introduced in 50s or 60s are bad for you, margarine far worse than butter, etc.

Life expectancy was lower for various reasons. They didn't exactly have healthcare back then. And maybe sometimes they even had to eat rotten meat in an effort to survive but not by choice and not always.

They ate greens, other veggies, fruits (were far less sweet), nuts & seeds, wild grains, insects, wild caught fish and wild game.

All proven to be healthy now. (Even insects are considered a superior source of protein, just not every culture eats them now.)

Heart disease, diabetes and others are modern diseases.

- - - Updated - - -

I shouldn't say wild game has been proven to be healthy. It's way healthier than factory-raised meat (far superior omega 3 to 6 ratio, far less toxins or toxin free), which are quite unhealthy. But we don't know if we can consume them all the time or limit them like conventional meat or if wild red meat is also type II carcinogenic.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)