Gym and fitness (21 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How hard you trained for it? I know its also about food/diet. And what exercises mostly.
Not also but mostly. You won't get shit unless you get your fat off despite the exercises. All the fat needs to disappear in order to see those muscles. Not literally all fat but I'd say <11% body fat. Depends how balls deep you wanna go. Building your core is important too imo.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How hard you trained for it? I know its also about food/diet. And what exercises mostly.
Well it all depends what kind of look you are going for, if you cool bring skinny then it's not hard, if you wanna look hench and have abs that's harder. But either way it's 90% diet, and then any ab machine exercise where you feel the burn, just don't strain your back.
Also for diet i would stay away from all sugar, even fruit, except for maybe blueberries and raspberries, and obviously lower sodium intake.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I cant do it then. Im not quitting sugar. Im not saying im drinking soda (quit drinking sodas/lemonades last august) and eating 5 candybars a day but i cant drink my tea without sugar and isnt there sugar in most food items like yoghurt, and im not quitting eating apples and bananas at least 1-2 a week. I mean what im going to end up eating then daily just rice and pasta? My logs will be rock hard without fruits and that will complicate matters in bathroom (joke comment but not joke in real life). And what happened with the "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Mind you i actually have a cold right now this week somehow picked up so ive also started eating honey. Which is also apparently bad in terms of sugars.

What foods give you energy which dont consist sugars? I ask this cause ive been very serious about running lately but i need energy for that. In terms of changing my diet or what not i started eating broccoli regularly (weekly) since well i cant quite remember but could be nov-dec. And i actually really like it. I do eat meat also (chicken mainly). But some say meat is also bad. I dont want to start eating tablets for carbs and protein though.

My goal. Tbh i just want to test myself. Long idea is "is it possible for average dude to get abs". Not into bodybuilding or Swarzeneggers body. Tbh im more into general stamina.

I have done lets say mild work out for last 6-8 months. I mean mild in a sense that i dont go to gym but there is a place outdoors with some equipment which i have been using and then also doing situps/pushups type exercises. And i have couple of dumbbells at home i have been lifting. Also there is some log weight thing in that outdoors place i go i have been lifting. (Now i know some will say quit this bs and go to gym but i find gyms quite expensive and as im not reallt into some bodybuilders body im not interested spending money monthly).

I have for sure noticed increase in stamina and speed in my runnings through these exercises. Both long distances and speed runs have picked up a lot so im doing smth right. For example last 3-4 months ive run couple of half marathons and it hasnt been a big issue. One goal is also to run a marathon this year which is also something im working on stamina. I have heard though that some say running/cardio is actually bad if you want to build muscles and abs cause you are basically running them off your body if you run too often/long distances.

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
What foods give you energy which dont consist sugars?
Just avoid added sugars. You dont have to go low carb. You can and should keep eating noodles, rice, potatoes etc. Maybe try Intermittent Fasting. Get your bodyfat below 12% or so and train your abs. When you are on a caloric deficit it's important to have high protein intake in order to retain your muscle. You need higher protein intake on cutting than bulking so eat something like chicken. My fav protein source is cottage cheese

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Ive been using this equipment since well winter as you can see. Maybe its not much but its smth.

- - - Updated - - -

At home i also printed some exercises to do but tbh at home i do it even more moderate. The motivation comes outdoors. At home im like ok im doing 4-8 situps/pushups then back to couch. But outdoors it motivates more. For example in winter. It was cold. I needed to work out purely to stay warm. But at home you are like ok ill do it later. And then dont do. Outdoors i can do 30-60-90 mins exercises + running. At home ill just do 10-15 min at best (in a week prob).

- - - Updated - - -

Just avoid added sugars. You dont have to go low carb. You can and should keep eating noodles, rice, potatoes etc. Maybe try Intermittent Fasting. Get your bodyfat below 12% or so and train your abs. When you are on a caloric deficit it's important to have high protein intake in order to retain your muscle. You need higher protein intake on cutting than bulking so eat something like chicken. My fav protein source is cottage cheese
The main foods i eat weekly right now:
- pasta
- rice
- muesli
- chicken
- yoghurt
- broccoli
- occasionally different meat (pig/cow but chicken most)
- cheese
- eggs
- fruits (apple/banana/orange/pear/melon/grapefruit/watermelon)
- tea (black tea with flavour/no milk)
- water/vitamin water (for running).

Dont drink alcohol (have like 2-4 beers in a year. No other alcohol whatsoever)
Hate coffee (some say its actually good for exercise but i lost appetite for it around age 18-19. Dont like taste of it and tbh i feel like it plays with your heartrate/like i have maybe 1-2 cups a year if i have to get up really early or didnt sleep enough (like i needed to travel to a different town and had to wake up 5am).

No burgers and other fast food.
Ok i admit pizza is guilty pleasure but i make home made pizza. And i dont eat it daily.

And i do have some candy and chocolate time to time.
dude just drink smoothies, eat fruit and do some sit-ups
I dont even have the smoothie machine. I mean blender. Yes. 2019 and i still dont have a blender. Dont see point.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb question maybe but how you measure bodyfat? I mean i have no idea whats mine. Not interested to go to doctors for that.

Attachments

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Don’t worry about measuring body fat %, it’s useless and you won’t get an accurate number. Just eyeball it. Look up some pics of body fat % examples.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Is that a summer gym in Russia?
He says he doesn't drink alcohol. Can't be Russia then.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive been using this equipment since well winter as you can see. Maybe its not much but its smth.

- - - Updated - - -

At home i also printed some exercises to do but tbh at home i do it even more moderate. The motivation comes outdoors. At home im like ok im doing 4-8 situps/pushups then back to couch. But outdoors it motivates more. For example in winter. It was cold. I needed to work out purely to stay warm. But at home you are like ok ill do it later. And then dont do. Outdoors i can do 30-60-90 mins exercises + running. At home ill just do 10-15 min at best (in a week prob).

- - - Updated - - -

The main foods i eat weekly right now:
- pasta
- rice
- muesli
- chicken
- yoghurt
- broccoli
- occasionally different meat (pig/cow but chicken most)
- cheese
- eggs
- fruits (apple/banana/orange/pear/melon/grapefruit/watermelon)
- tea (black tea with flavour/no milk)
- water/vitamin water (for running).

Dont drink alcohol (have like 2-4 beers in a year. No other alcohol whatsoever)
Hate coffee (some say its actually good for exercise but i lost appetite for it around age 18-19. Dont like taste of it and tbh i feel like it plays with your heartrate/like i have maybe 1-2 cups a year if i have to get up really early or didnt sleep enough (like i needed to travel to a different town and had to wake up 5am).

No burgers and other fast food.
Ok i admit pizza is guilty pleasure but i make home made pizza. And i dont eat it daily.

And i do have some candy and chocolate time to time.

I dont even have the smoothie machine. I mean blender. Yes. 2019 and i still dont have a blender. Dont see point.

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb question maybe but how you measure bodyfat? I mean i have no idea whats mine. Not interested to go to doctors for that.
My abs are visible too and the only thing about food/drink that it's different from me is:
I drink alcohol probably every second day and once per week excessive, which gives me a massive hangover, which doesn't make me eat for almost 24hours. :lol3:

And I hardly eat chicken and other meat. I never do, when I have the choice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)