Gym and fitness (10 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Can the assisted pull-up machine help with getting unassisted pullups eventually?

- - - Updated - - -

Depends.

1) Not ejaculating for 7 consecutive days will result in a small testosterone bump in the 7th day

2) ejaculating releases endorphines, which sooth the mind and bring a good mindset, and relieve pain

When working out, this is actually great if you gotto do hard workouts and you are still sore or in pain from the previous one
In competition, you should be completely rested and painfree. Your 'aggression' and ability to tap into your nodrenaline is key, the endorphines and dopamine will sooth these too

The question is, what do you need. Something to take the edge off so nerves wont kill you ? Get laid 100%
Do you need to surge absolute adrenaline and go beastmode, without using beta-2 antagonists ? Abstain from the pussy.

Personally with L-tyrosine in the morning i can tap up so much adrenaline and aggression, that i wake up at 4am, have sex 2 or 3 times in a row, then go into a very deep sleep, wake up, eat, weigh in and break some ego's. :hihi:
Oh boy :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Can the assisted pull-up machine help with getting unassisted pullups eventually?

:
Yeah, it’ll help. Pull downs are even better imo but that’s a preference thing. Just focus on back and core and you’ll be doing pull-ups in no time :D

What hand position btw?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Thanks. As silly as it sounds, doing pull-ups has been a dream of mine since I was a teenager :p Not that I did anything to achieve it, I sucked so hard at it that I never really bothered. I started with the assisted machine a couple of months ago (@ALC the widest grip, don't know if it was a good idea but it was what I wanted to be able to do), and gradually made it more difficult for myself. Still can't do an unassisted one though. I'm extremely patient but I was wondering if working with the machine is useful at all.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Shoulder width or slightly narrower neutral or chin-up grip is easiest.

- - - Updated - - -

I would rather use elastic bands than the machine. They will definitely get you there.
:agree:

Elastic bands and/or weighted pulley systems are the best way to start out towards a pull-up.

If one is strong enough, and careful not to overdo it, slow eccentrics (jump to top of pull-up and lower over 5-15 seconds) and lock-offs in various positions are the best way to get through the last stages of learning a pull-up.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Thanks. As silly as it sounds, doing pull-ups has been a dream of mine since I was a teenager :p Not that I did anything to achieve it, I sucked so hard at it that I never really bothered. I started with the assisted machine a couple of months ago (@ALC the widest grip, don't know if it was a good idea but it was what I wanted to be able to do), and gradually made it more difficult for myself. Still can't do an unassisted one though. I'm extremely patient but I was wondering if working with the machine is useful at all.
What igortudor and post ironic said, start with the more narrow grip. And definitely use the pull down machine at lower eights first, it’ll allow you to focus on your back muscles and build up strength.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I notice in my gym that those better at pull ups are the skinny dudes. As a 6 month rookie to them I can only do a few before failure, but starting with the assist seat and regular and wide grip helped pretty quickly. They are muscles the average person barely ever uses so it takes time.

Dips on the other hand, no problem at all.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I notice in my gym that those better at pull ups are the skinny dudes. As a 6 month rookie to them I can only do a few before failure, but starting with the assist seat and regular and wide grip helped pretty quickly. They are muscles the average person barely ever uses so it takes time.

@king Ale

Also try being a skinny dude

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

That's quite contrary to what I have seen though. I have even seen a couple of visibly overweight guys who do pull-ups so easily it's amazing. No exercise fascinates me as much :D

- - - Updated - - -

Weight training, yes. I started ~8 months ago and I love it. I don't remember the last habit I formed and didn't get bored or demotivated for as long a time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Trust me, I really don't understand it either. Some floppy-haired 16-17 year old noob next to me on the cable machine, arms like Bonucci's legs, just jumps up to the handles and does 10-12 pull ups like nothing. I get the idea of less weight being easier but I see this all the time. Personally I also see far less girls doing it unassisted, in fact I can barely remember seeing it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's quite contrary to what I have seen though. I have even seen a couple of visibly overweight guys who do pull-ups so easily it's amazing. No exercise fascinates me as much :D

- - - Updated - - -

Weight training, yes. I started ~8 months ago and I love it. I don't remember the last habit I formed and didn't get bored or demotivated for as long a time.
More than a muscle up?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: relaxing innit

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Trust me, I really don't understand it either. Some floppy-haired 16-17 year old noob next to me on the cable machine, arms like Bonucci's legs, just jumps up to the handles and does 10-12 pull ups like nothing. I get the idea of less weight being easier but I see this all the time. Personally I also see far less girls doing it unassisted, in fact I can barely remember seeing it.
It's probably the upper body strength to the body weight ratio, so you can increase one and/or decrease the other and perform the exercise. My upper body is untrained and too weak, must be the case with most women.

More than a muscle up?
I had to google it. So it's an advanced pull-up? I've never seen anyone doing it in the gym I go :D

It is. On the one hand it is about all those small short term goals I set for which I have to keep challenging myself and explore my capabilities and limits. On the other hand, because I have no ultimate expectated outcome (I don't want to think of a day when I have achieved an ultimate goal :p), there is no rush, pressure, or disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)