Gym and fitness (31 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
True, but sometimes its more effective to know something about the topic from other ppl
As long as you only listen to personal advice, yes. But there's so much pseudo science being spewed around the internet, especially within the fitness community that it's a jungle and will most liekly mislead you.

Læs fx denne fra videnskab.dk - grundlæggende er vægttab: "forbrændt energi > indtaget energi" i et givent tidsrum (24 timer). Spis sundt og varieret, dyrk motion hver dag, drop fødevarer med højt sukkerindhold (kulhydrat); intet behov for tilskud og alt det lort folk forsøge at sælge.

https://videnskab.dk/krop-sundhed/17-paastande-om-vaegttab-sundhed-og-traening-sande-eller-falske

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
As long as you only listen to personal advice, yes. But there's so much pseudo science being spewed around the internet, especially within the fitness community that it's a jungle and will most liekly mislead you.

Læs fx denne fra videnskab.dk - grundlæggende er vægttab: "forbrændt energi > indtaget energi" i et givent tidsrum (24 timer). Spis sundt og varieret, dyrk motion hver dag, drop fødevarer med højt sukkerindhold (kulhydrat); intet behov for tilskud og alt det lort folk forsøge at sælge.

https://videnskab.dk/krop-sundhed/17-paastande-om-vaegttab-sundhed-og-traening-sande-eller-falske
Tak, det ser godt ud.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Thanks. As silly as it sounds, doing pull-ups has been a dream of mine since I was a teenager :p Not that I did anything to achieve it, I sucked so hard at it that I never really bothered. I started with the assisted machine a couple of months ago (@ALC the widest grip, don't know if it was a good idea but it was what I wanted to be able to do), and gradually made it more difficult for myself. Still can't do an unassisted one though. I'm extremely patient but I was wondering if working with the machine is useful at all.
Get a door frame pull up bar and grease the groove. You'll never look back.

I had the same dream as you (kek), and I couldn't even do one pull up or chin up. Losing fat and greasing the groove helped a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Any tips for a new beginner who wants to lose weight(5-10KG) and become bigger?
Get on a 500 calorie deficit/day and train for strength.

Bitches will be hugging your dick in no time.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
So... some pretty shitty news here.

Was doing a relay at the Belfast Marathon on Monday. Ran my 7.5 miles. Was an easy run never pushed too hard stayed at a comfortable pace the whole race and felt completely fine after. About 2 hours after the race I suffered a heart attack. Luckily got to hospital very fast and no permenant damage was done. Have had one stent put in an artery.

I’m 29 and was in the best shape of my life had been training really well boxing playing football and getting in and 10 miles a week running. Just very confused and annoyed about why it happend haven’t had any clear answers as to why it did.

Just thought I’d share as I consider this forum part of my extended family. Determined to get back training again at a good level and was able to watch the game lastnight so I’m feeling pretty good, very motivated. Just looking for answers and info to help me on my recovery.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Was doing a relay at the Belfast Marathon on Monday. Ran my 7.5 miles. Was an easy run never pushed too hard stayed at a comfortable pace the whole race and felt completely fine after. About 2 hours after the race I suffered a heart attack. Luckily got to hospital very fast and no permenant damage was done. Have had one stent put in an artery.

I’m 29 and was in the best shape of my life had been training really well boxing playing football and getting in and 10 miles a week running. Just very confused and annoyed about why it happend haven’t had any clear answers as to why it did.

Just thought I’d share as I consider this forum part of my extended family. Determined to get back training again at a good level and was able to watch the game lastnight so I’m feeling pretty good, very motivated. Just looking for answers and info to help me on my recovery.
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it doesn't hinder you in any way. Please let us know what the docs say, but yeah you're the last person I'd expect to have a heart attack based on those stats.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Thanks dude. Just received some good news. Echo scan and blood results came back great. Zero permanent damage was done to my heart. Very llucky I’m young, in good shape and received help very fast.

I can’t box competitively again as il be on blood thinners for life but I hope to run a leg in the marathon again will be a great comeback story.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You are lucky in one way, some people don't come back from such things. Look at the guy from the cooking show who died attempting the London marathon recently. It's often genetics and we don't know until we push ourselves that hard. It's scary stuff really.

At least you now know you have limitations and will need monitoring, get good advice and information from professionals. Best of luck.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
That's quite contrary to what I have seen though. I have even seen a couple of visibly overweight guys who do pull-ups so easily it's amazing. No exercise fascinates me as much :D

- - - Updated - - -

Weight training, yes. I started ~8 months ago and I love it. I don't remember the last habit I formed and didn't get bored or demotivated for as long a time.
We need some pics of your progress. This thread demands it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks dude. Just received some good news. Echo scan and blood results came back great. Zero permanent damage was done to my heart. Very llucky I’m young, in good shape and received help very fast.

I can’t box competitively again as il be on blood thinners for life but I hope to run a leg in the marathon again will be a great comeback story.
I'm sorry to hear that, man but at least you're not fucked for life.

We'll be waiting for that great comeback story :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Glad to hear you're ok and no permanent damage. Keep your head up. Hopefully, you can achieve most of what you want even if boxing is out of the question.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Glad you're all good man @Stevie i never thought you needed that much cardio to be healthy, tbh i always discourage my friends from going over 10-15 minutes over 130 bpm. The good news is you don't need that much cardio to look and feel great. Bummer about the boxing but that too is not too safe anyways.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005

Great news fella :tup:

Boxing is for pussies anyway, so no loss there ;) but as long as you’re ok that’s the main thing.

All the best. And keep us informed.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I've a question in case someone has an idea or has seen a solution

To improve my weak legs and upper back, i've added hex bar deadlifts in my schedule. However, with 6 plates a side the thing is completely full, i in fact need bands to keep the outer plats on cause they are only half on the sleeve.

I'm looking for a way to add another plate. But not with ducktape, cause that is filthy and leaves adhesive on the plates.

Any idea's are greatly appreciated

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I've a question in case someone has an idea or has seen a solution

To improve my weak legs and upper back, i've added hex bar deadlifts in my schedule. However, with 6 plates a side the thing is completely full, i in fact need bands to keep the outer plats on cause they are only half on the sleeve.

I'm looking for a way to add another plate. But not with ducktape, cause that is filthy and leaves adhesive on the plates.

Any idea's are greatly appreciated
No one cares.

We're playing the semi final of the World Cup.

Juventus are signing Ronaldo.

There is no weakness.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)