Gym and fitness (39 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Even if your goal is to only finish, the intervals will do you good. You will add strength to your legs and speed to your run with these. Also you will feel much better after finishing the race when you have trained well enough than just standing at the start line casually, many can finish a half marathon but it all depends on how you feel afterwards.

Yes, the food bit is quite fun. I find myself eating a lot and never satisfied, it's how it is.
Intervals are the bomb. I rarely run anymore besides my interval/HIIT training post strength training, and yet I still manage 10 km under 50 minutes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good point. Also, I think this obsession we have with running long distances can be counter productive. If you have fun running a half marathon, great. But don't just suffer through it. Running 5K or 10K seems perfectly fine from a health perspective.
I run a half marathon once a year and I prepare for that on a period of a month and a half up to two months. The rest of the year I am more than satisfied in running distances between 5K and 10K. Which is as you said, fine from a health perspective.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I want to run a marathon sometime in my life, but the time needed for training is drastic, I sort of regret not doing it in my early 20ties. it feels like every year closer to the 30 takes away more and more of my physical capacity, when I was 22 I didn't prepare for a half-marathon yet I ran it 20 minutes faster than the one I did last year at 26yo, even though I did some preparation before it (obviously not enough)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I want to run a marathon sometime in my life, but the time needed for training is drastic, I sort of regret not doing it in my early 20ties. it feels like every year closer to the 30 takes away more and more of my physical capacity, when I was 22 I didn't prepare for a half-marathon yet I ran it 20 minutes faster than the one I did last year at 26yo, even though I did some preparation before it (obviously not enough)
You're still under 30, that's not too late at all. Its still a good age physically. Come on, stop making excuses :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lol. 27 is pretty much prime age for a marathon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Lol. 27 is pretty much prime age for a marathon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
If you treat your body like a temple yeah, but beer, junk food and office life are starting to take their toll already, my body doesn't handle shitty habits as well as it used to :D Switching to vegetarian and bike as the main transportation is saving me from becoming a Higuain, but I'm afraid at one point I'm going to have to give up one of pizzas, burgers or beer :(

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Running part of a marathon myself soon. For the first time in my life im enjoying running.

Was plagued with shin splints for years and relied on boxing for cardio. I still compete in boxing and MMA but im a different sort of animal now that ive been able to run more.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm 34, you can do it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If you treat your body like a temple yeah, but beer, junk food and office life are starting to take their toll already, my body doesn't handle shitty habits as well as it used to :D Switching to vegetarian and bike as the main transportation is saving me from becoming a Higuain, but I'm afraid at one point I'm going to have to give up one of pizzas, burgers or beer :(
I've always found that I can eat whatever I want as long as I'm physically active (but do gain weight quickly when I'm not). But this is something that does differ from person to person.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Give up on beer, it's what turns regular guys into belly monsters in their middle ages once their metabolism dries up

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Beer is empty calories and makes you hungry tho, aside from alcohol being generally unhealthy
Assume a pizza has 1000kcal, you eat it and you are full. A six pack of beer has close to 1000kcal as well but instead of being full you will now eat more on top of it
All of that is probably true. Pizza and floury food just feels more fattening I guess lol

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
for breakfast 1 peanut butter toast on Whole Grain bread with 1-2 pieces of fruit(banana and orange).I usually eat a potato , about 10g creatine and 2 eggs before workout.i have a hard time to get some diner and luanch because of my work.i usually eat chicken breast, bit of salad in it.(dinner or lunch)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
:agree:

Plus, wine >>>>>> beer, so it's not really much of a loss.

And champagne :weee: @Wittl
I strongly disagree, my calculations are that around 30% of the beers in the world might be decent and enjoyable and in most bars you'll have at least 1 or 2 that are great. For me maybe 10% (and that's generous) of the wine I've encountered would qualify as decent and enjoyable, you just have to endure too much crap in between the good ones if you like to experiment on new ones :p

not to say that I'd drink beer on a trip to Spain or Hungary, some countries really are incredibly good at making wine

- - - Updated - - -

Give up on beer, it's what turns regular guys into belly monsters in their middle ages once their metabolism dries up
You're German right? Could you give up beer? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 31)