Gym and fitness (23 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Agreed, I constantly buy wine from. $8-$12 and it tastes the same as the ones my ex’s mom used to drink and that were expensive af.
Same, I buy in the 10€-12€ range 90% of the time. Mostly buy some delicious low-end Valpolicella or Barolo and when it comes to white wines there are lots of wineries in the area and Queen Elizabeth herself was treated a glorious 12€ Riesling from 2011 on her visit few years ago :touched:

btw: how many germans does it take to derail a fitness bread into a beer discussion and how many francophones to derail a beer discussion into a wine discussion? :baus:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
for breakfast 1 peanut butter toast on Whole Grain bread with 1-2 pieces of fruit(banana and orange).I usually eat a potato , about 10g creatine and 2 eggs before workout.i have a hard time to get some diner and luanch because of my work.i usually eat chicken breast, bit of salad in it.(dinner or lunch)
That's nowhere near a proper diet, you need yourself a clean protein rich 3500-4000 calories a day, it's a lot of work but that's the way.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
@Siamak - bump your protein up a lot, more like 200g (assuming regular kind of weight). Chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, lean red meat. Shake supplements help but aren't real meals so should only be that.

You will struggle a lot to eat the 3500-4000 mentioned above if you are new to this but gradually bump it up a few hundred calories. It's tough to not eat tonnes of crap to reach your calorie target but it's doable. Good fats help a lot. Personally I eat carbs on lunch and post-training on training days, less on off days. Different things work for others. Sugar is my massive weakness.

More than 5g creatine per day is also useless for a lot of people. Good sleep and lots of water are vital.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Creatine is a largely overrated product. The "bulk "and "strenght" proportions are completely false. Its a placebo effect cause working out actually gives pump on its own.

The ONLY thing that supplementing creatine does, is increasing the % the creatine deposits in the muscle are filled. a couple of weeks at 5g/day top them off

Here is the actual deal : if you eat red meat often, your creatine deposits are maxed out allready

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
@Siamak - bump your protein up a lot, more like 200g (assuming regular kind of weight). Chicken, turkey, tuna, eggs, lean red meat. Shake supplements help but aren't real meals so should only be that.

You will struggle a lot to eat the 3500-4000 mentioned above if you are new to this but gradually bump it up a few hundred calories. It's tough to not eat tonnes of crap to reach your calorie target but it's doable. Good fats help a lot. Personally I eat carbs on lunch and post-training on training days, less on off days. Different things work for others. Sugar is my massive weakness.

More than 5g creatine per day is also useless for a lot of people. Good sleep and lots of water are vital.
Is protein powder right for me?
I am thinking of taking a protein powder and going to start weight training.Never tried it myself but i think protein powder can provide what i need.

- - - Updated - - -

Percentage wise how sure are you he's a troll account?
what would you say Im trolling ?
I am asking for information.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Is protein powder right for me?
I am thinking of taking a protein powder and going to start weight training.Never tried it myself but i think protein powder can provide what i need.

- - - Updated - - -

what would you say Im trolling ?
I am asking for information.
I'm just playing doost e man, protein powder will help supplement the protein say at about 60-100 g but you still have to have a balanced diet and protein powder doesnt provide that

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Indeed :tup:

Guys, its excessively simple

You need about 1.8 to 2.2grams for optimal muscle growth, which happens in the recovery phase AFTER a workout. If you didnt work out, the protein wont be used at all.

I weight 125kg. Thats quite alot of protein. I try to be at 320grams/day to make sure i'm over the optimal. Because its difficult eating enough quality protein source, i take shakes. Protein shakes just help to increase your daily protein count to the desired level in an easy way.

However. You need all sorts of stuff. Vitamins. Minerals. Biomolecules. Dont take supplements, eat properly. Eat your white and red meat. Eat good carb sources. Eat diary products. Eats vegetables based on your needs.

People think they'll get buff as fuck because they took a scoop of fuckign creatine. Or 'feel' the protein shake.

No, you need to 'feel' the muscles you trained. And know that you only give them all that stuff and protein, to aid recovery.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Indeed :tup:

Guys, its excessively simple

You need about 1.8 to 2.2grams for optimal muscle growth, which happens in the recovery phase AFTER a workout. If you didnt work out, the protein wont be used at all.

I weight 125kg. Thats quite alot of protein. I try to be at 320grams/day to make sure i'm over the optimal. Because its difficult eating enough quality protein source, i take shakes. Protein shakes just help to increase your daily protein count to the desired level in an easy way.

However. You need all sorts of stuff. Vitamins. Minerals. Biomolecules. Dont take supplements, eat properly. Eat your white and red meat. Eat good carb sources. Eat diary products. Eats vegetables based on your needs.

People think they'll get buff as fuck because they took a scoop of fuckign creatine. Or 'feel' the protein shake.

No, you need to 'feel' the muscles you trained. And know that you only give them all that stuff and protein, to aid recovery.
What about fish? I thought fish is rich in protein too.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Obviously it is, and oily fish in moderation also has good health benefits. I like king prawns but I have to eat about 25 in a time to get it close to my normal protein intake.

- - - Updated - - -

You can use it as straight up protein if you don’t like eating meat.
That's not healthy at all.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I dont eat fish cause these days you dont know whether it was caught in the open sea, or bred in a fish farm.

Also

Chicken breast : 5.5 euros/kg
Tenderloin 1% fat : 13.5 euros/kg when bought in promotion
fish thats probably caught in the open sea : 25-35 euro/kg

Its also a budget thing

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Obviously it is, and oily fish in moderation also has good health benefits. I like king prawns but I have to eat about 25 in a time to get it close to my normal protein intake.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not healthy at all.
I mean it’s basically milk. If you’re vegetarian or something, it’s a fine substitute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)