Gym and fitness (22 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
but i need
i need to a good supplement for increasing muscle strength i think with a good supplement i will have more energy
one of my friends suggested this one

but the price is my problem!
Stay away from creatine dude, fucks up your liver in the long term and all it does is boost your water retention, makes you heavier not stronger. You need a good balance of training, protein, carbs and sleep to get strong, listen to Zach.

If you want more energy for training, try 150mgs of caffeine about 45 mins before and a granola bar.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Creatine
1) Intro
When the muscle contracts, it requires energy. This energy is provided by breaking down ATP(adenosinetriphospate) into ADP (adenosinediphosphate). The body can only store enough ATP molecules for less then 2 seconds.
However, the muscle cells can store creatine in the so called 'creatine deposits'. When the muscle contracts and ATP is depleted, creatine will quickly be broken down into creatinine. The released energy is used to regenerate ADP into ATP.
While all that happens, the slower proces of breaking down muscular glycogene happens on the background to provide continious energy for creatinine to regenerate into creatine.

2) Creatine deposits
If you are a vegeratian assfuck, your deposits will be half their maximum fill. Supplementing creatine monohydrate (5g/day) or buffered (2.3g/day) for about 2-3 weeks should max out your deposits
If you eat meat, your deposits will be 3/4 filled
If you frequently eat red meat, your creatine deposits will be maxed out by defauld, because red meat is the source of all power. Eat low fat (2% or less) .

3) effects of creatine supplementation
- filling up deposits in the muscle. This is why they advertise you will train harder, longer, better. Its purely related to the fill of the deposits.
- 'water retention'. This happens but has such little effect that it shouldnt be mentionned.

4) Does creatine fuck up the liver ?
No.

5) But the label says i need to drink enough water
You are a fucking peasant shitfuck if you dont drink enough water. Drink at least 2 liters per day.
If you arent drinking enough water, you will strain your kidneys with anything you eat, you will fuck up anti inflammatory response, you will fuck up your recovery, and you will fuck up your strenght. DRINK THE WATER.

6) But if the promises on the label are false, what can i buy that do exactly what creatine claims to be doing (anabolic growth, stronger muscles)
Aromatising steroids.
THAT will fuck up your liver.

7) What is the effect of actual water retention (seriously ford, you should know this)
Water retention in the muscles is determined by osmose, so it depends on the dissolved substance concentration. Aka, muscular glycogene. On aromatising steroids, this can be significantly increased.
Water retention in the muscles proved a direct and strong increase in power of the muscle. Not the tendon however, meaning you'll tear it faster.

8) why is the water retention story by creatine full of shit ?
Creatine draws more water in the veigns. Not the muscle.
When a muscle faces microtrauma, macrophages will start to devour the muscular debris of the trauma. They will secrate a bunch of stuff. One of those is signalisating molecules for the RTK, the other are histamines for example.
RTK (receptor tyrosine kinase) is a monomere that has 3 unloaded tyrosine's and one receptor place. When a signaling molecule(secreted from macrophage devouring muscle debris,95 identified so far) binds to the receptor of the RTK, it will activate and bind with another activated monomere, and form an activated RTK dimer. 6 ATP are used to turn it into a loaded, activated RTK. This will now bound to the IFG-1 (insuline like growth factor one) and activate the hormone. This hormone will activate the ATK pathway and protein synthesis will start.
Meanwhile, histamines secreted from the macrophages will start to vascodilate the muscle (blood vessels remain open for longer). This is 'muscle pump'. More blood will be drawn into the muscle. more moisture also. because of the opening of blood vessels, proteins travelling trough the veigns will stay in the blood vessels for longer. As a result of osmosis, more water will be drawn into the cell, creating slight swelling. This is the visual effect of muscle pump.
Also meanwhile, because of microtrauma, calcium formerly retained by the smooth endoplasmatic reticulum, will be concentrated freely between the debris. This will draw specific White blood cells to activate and attack smaller debris. This will increase inflammation. (this specific WBC reaction is countered by taking non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAID))
This is a natural proces. Creatine does jack shit to increase it. Steroids significantly increase the opening time of blood vessels which allow a MUCH longer anabolic window.

10) So what do i do with my money
- eat 2+grams of quality protein per kilogram of bodyweight. quality protein means it comes from meat or protein powder/bar.
- eat complex sugar (potatoe,rice,pasta, oat, whole-wheat grains)
- take 150-500mg of cafeine 15 minutes before training, depending on tolerance
- take a multivitamin supplement. Vitamins are vital for hormonal function.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
My advise is based on advise given to me by the strength and conditioning lecturers at the uni I work at.
If you want to remain the same weight and strenght but improve your core strenght, mobility and muscle condition, they are good.

If you want to gain strenght or muscle, they are pretty wrong.

They know little about the body, as a master of science in biochemistry i have much more in depth knowledge of the human body, and can tell you that creatine has no effect on the liver. If you drink too few water, they will strain your kidneys, but so would several other things.

The water retention thing they say is correct, but you need to define it. Creatine retains water in the body, not muscles, which makes you gain weight. But less then dairy products make you gain waterweight. Water retention in the muscle immediatly increases strenght significantly. One shouldnt take creatine. He should eat enough low fat red meat.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Creatine
1) Intro
When the muscle contracts, it requires energy. This energy is provided by breaking down ATP(adenosinetriphospate) into ADP (adenosinediphosphate). The body can only store enough ATP molecules for less then 2 seconds.
However, the muscle cells can store creatine in the so called 'creatine deposits'. When the muscle contracts and ATP is depleted, creatine will quickly be broken down into creatinine. The released energy is used to regenerate ADP into ATP.
While all that happens, the slower proces of breaking down muscular glycogene happens on the background to provide continious energy for creatinine to regenerate into creatine.

2) Creatine deposits
If you are a vegeratian assfuck, your deposits will be half their maximum fill. Supplementing creatine monohydrate (5g/day) or buffered (2.3g/day) for about 2-3 weeks should max out your deposits
If you eat meat, your deposits will be 3/4 filled
If you frequently eat red meat, your creatine deposits will be maxed out by defauld, because red meat is the source of all power. Eat low fat (2% or less) .

3) effects of creatine supplementation
- filling up deposits in the muscle. This is why they advertise you will train harder, longer, better. Its purely related to the fill of the deposits.
- 'water retention'. This happens but has such little effect that it shouldnt be mentionned.

4) Does creatine fuck up the liver ?
No.

5) But the label says i need to drink enough water
You are a fucking peasant shitfuck if you dont drink enough water. Drink at least 2 liters per day.
If you arent drinking enough water, you will strain your kidneys with anything you eat, you will fuck up anti inflammatory response, you will fuck up your recovery, and you will fuck up your strenght. DRINK THE WATER.

6) But if the promises on the label are false, what can i buy that do exactly what creatine claims to be doing (anabolic growth, stronger muscles)
Aromatising steroids.
THAT will fuck up your liver.

7) What is the effect of actual water retention (seriously ford, you should know this)
Water retention in the muscles is determined by osmose, so it depends on the dissolved substance concentration. Aka, muscular glycogene. On aromatising steroids, this can be significantly increased.
Water retention in the muscles proved a direct and strong increase in power of the muscle. Not the tendon however, meaning you'll tear it faster.

8) why is the water retention story by creatine full of shit ?
Creatine draws more water in the veigns. Not the muscle.
When a muscle faces microtrauma, macrophages will start to devour the muscular debris of the trauma. They will secrate a bunch of stuff. One of those is signalisating molecules for the RTK, the other are histamines for example.
RTK (receptor tyrosine kinase) is a monomere that has 3 unloaded tyrosine's and one receptor place. When a signaling molecule(secreted from macrophage devouring muscle debris,95 identified so far) binds to the receptor of the RTK, it will activate and bind with another activated monomere, and form an activated RTK dimer. 6 ATP are used to turn it into a loaded, activated RTK. This will now bound to the IFG-1 (insuline like growth factor one) and activate the hormone. This hormone will activate the ATK pathway and protein synthesis will start.
Meanwhile, histamines secreted from the macrophages will start to vascodilate the muscle (blood vessels remain open for longer). This is 'muscle pump'. More blood will be drawn into the muscle. more moisture also. because of the opening of blood vessels, proteins travelling trough the veigns will stay in the blood vessels for longer. As a result of osmosis, more water will be drawn into the cell, creating slight swelling. This is the visual effect of muscle pump.
Also meanwhile, because of microtrauma, calcium formerly retained by the smooth endoplasmatic reticulum, will be concentrated freely between the debris. This will draw specific White blood cells to activate and attack smaller debris. This will increase inflammation. (this specific WBC reaction is countered by taking non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAID))
This is a natural proces. Creatine does jack shit to increase it. Steroids significantly increase the opening time of blood vessels which allow a MUCH longer anabolic window.

10) So what do i do with my money
- eat 2+grams of quality protein per kilogram of bodyweight. quality protein means it comes from meat or protein powder/bar.
- eat complex sugar (potatoe,rice,pasta, oat, whole-wheat grains)
- take 150-500mg of cafeine 15 minutes before training, depending on tolerance
- take a multivitamin supplement. Vitamins are vital for hormonal function.
:tup:

Great post.

Creatine only serves a purpose in vegans and vegetarians. Most studies have shown very little effect in those who eat enough red meat for the very reasons you say. I'm one of those vegetarian assfucks :lol: , so I use a creatine supplement when working into harder training macrocycles.

And the same deal with liver problems and water. Creatine is the least of your worries if you're not taking in enough water each day.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm trying to build my chest up. Anyone have kind of a basic workout for this?

I've been doing the chest press machine, various flies, push ups, etc for about 2 weeks now and I feel I'm ready step my game up.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:tup:

Great post.

Creatine only serves a purpose in vegans and vegetarians. Most studies have shown very little effect in those who eat enough red meat for the very reasons you say. I'm one of those vegetarian assfucks :lol: , so I use a creatine supplement when working into harder training macrocycles.

And the same deal with liver problems and water. Creatine is the least of your worries if you're not taking in enough water each day.
Thats the first time i heard you're vegetarian. Nice. I dont mind them as long as i dont get ethical believes rammed down my troath :D

Can you eat eggs and cotton cheese ? yes ? And fish ? I know vegans dont, not sure where vegetarians draw the border. Some eat fish, others dont.
Dairy products have incredible positive effects in the correct amounts.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to build my chest up. Anyone have kind of a basic workout for this?

I've been doing the chest press machine, various flies, push ups, etc for about 2 weeks now and I feel I'm ready step my game up.
I've build my huge pecs by benching 5 times per week the past 2 years

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah if its chest you want, just benchpress alot.

My week was :

Monday :
5*50%
4*60%
3*70%
2*2*80%
2*1*85%
2*2*80%

wednesday
5*50%
5*60%
3,5,7,4,6,8 * 70%

Fryday
bench press
5*50%
4*60%
3*70%
4*3*75%
(squats)
bench press from 5cm board
3*60%
3*70%
2*3*80%
3*2*85%

Saturday
wide grip benchpress
3*50%
3*60%
3*70%
4*2*75%

assist this with cable work for biceps and triceps

i did 8*12*40 tricep pulldown (double v bar) on monday, 8*15*50 bicep cable curl on fryday and 4*15*50 tricep pulldown (double v bar) on saturday

This assistance helps you develop the arm muscles, aids in tendon recovery and keeps the tendon area's pumped

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah if its chest you want, just benchpress alot.

My week was :

Monday :
5*50%
4*60%
3*70%
2*2*80%
2*1*85%
2*2*80%

wednesday
5*50%
5*60%
3,5,7,4,6,8 * 70%

Fryday
bench press
5*50%
4*60%
3*70%
4*3*75%
(squats)
bench press from 5cm board
3*60%
3*70%
2*3*80%
3*2*85%

Saturday
wide grip benchpress
3*50%
3*60%
3*70%
4*2*75%

assist this with cable work for biceps and triceps

i did 8*12*40 tricep pulldown (double v bar) on monday, 8*15*50 bicep cable curl on fryday and 4*15*50 tricep pulldown (double v bar) on saturday

This assistance helps you develop the arm muscles, aids in tendon recovery and keeps the tendon area's pumped
Thanks Zach. Are the percentages of the max I can do or my body weight or effort?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
percentage max

But this is quite a high frequency load. I'd say try to bench 3 times per week, 3x5x70% on the first and last day. In the middle do some type of alteration. Benchpress with dumbels, incline benchpress, stuff like that

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Thats the first time i heard you're vegetarian. Nice. I dont mind them as long as i dont get ethical believes rammed down my troath :D

Can you eat eggs and cotton cheese ? yes ? And fish ? I know vegans dont, not sure where vegetarians draw the border. Some eat fish, others dont.
Dairy products have incredible positive effects in the correct amounts.
Yeah. I was vegan for a few years, did the raw food thing for a year... then went back to vegetarian (including dairy) the last several years, but I eat fish again now, so I guess i'm not even vegetarian anymore. Pescetarian I think it's called. I found full-on vegan destroyed my recovery ability. It was fine if I wasn't training too hard, but when I did, I couldn't recover from workouts. It sucked.

Now, I kind of eat whatever I feel like eating. If someday I want to eat meat again, I will. I have no ethical qualms about eating meat. That bleeding heart stuff is nonsense. I've just never really enjoyed it, especially red meat.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
One important piece of advice, is to make sure your ellbows are tucked in. I cannot stress the importance of this enough. Watch some powerlifter video's (fuck fitness&bodybuilding, they suck with bars), about benchpress, but only look at where they position the ellbow. Your ellbows can point away from the torso by maximum 45 degrees, preferably less. You dont want consistant rotator cuff injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I was vegan for a few years, did the raw food thing for a year... then went back to vegetarian (including dairy) the last several years, but I eat fish again now, so I guess i'm not even vegetarian anymore. Pescetarian I think it's called. I found full-on vegan destroyed my recovery ability. It was fine if I wasn't training too hard, but when I did, I couldn't recover from workouts. It sucked.

Now, I kind of eat whatever I feel like eating. If someday I want to eat meat again, I will. I have no ethical qualms about eating meat. That bleeding heart stuff is nonsense. I've just never really enjoyed it, especially red meat.
I like a steak occasionally. I'm forced to stuff over a kilogram per week, i'm not really enjoying that, but my progress is there

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

Obviously.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
@JCK I did my first 12km run last night. 1h 37min. Today my calves hurt so much (but in a good way).

It's fun how every time I extend the distance I discover the same problems. Shoulders feel tired, blisters come, back starts to ache, side stitch intensifies. But after doing it a few times I master it and I can take on a new challenge. I feel pretty good about running 10km now, so I'm doing a race end of May.

I started running consistently about 9 months ago and it's something I have no talent for, never been good at. I make progress very slowly, but I've grown to enjoy it. An acquired taste. Strangely enough there is something very relaxing about having no timetable or fixed goals, I'm just happy if I can go further or faster in 6 months than I can now.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
@JCK I did my first 12km run last night. 1h 37min. Today my calves hurt so much (but in a good way).

It's fun how every time I extend the distance I discover the same problems. Shoulders feel tired, blisters come, back starts to ache, side stitch intensifies. But after doing it a few times I master it and I can take on a new challenge. I feel pretty good about running 10km now, so I'm doing a race end of May.

I started running consistently about 9 months ago and it's something I have no talent for, never been good at. I make progress very slowly, but I've grown to enjoy it. An acquired taste. Strangely enough there is something very relaxing about having no timetable or fixed goals, I'm just happy if I can go further or faster in 6 months than I can now.
I can officially say that you are a runner, these simple things that you are enjoying are what makes runners. It's never a clear goal that one has to aim to but always a challenge with yourself no matter how marginal the progress or achievement is. The aches and other things you feel are just part of it and maybe it is placebo but still it's a strong effect, I usually get rid of these by buying new shoes and other running related gadgets.

As you said, it's nothing that requires talent, you just learn it by doing it and I have only to say to you, keep going and welcome to the club,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)