Gym and fitness (9 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Let me know how you will start using them? I have had them for 8 months and I still only do chins and toa to rings...nothing more

The main reason I bought them is that I love pull ups. Rings allow you to move more freely and are supposed to be healthier for your shoulders and elbows. Of course I will try to incorporate other exercises and generally have some fun with them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Was doing squats yesterday, 3 sets of 10. After the second set my vision got blurry and I lost my hearing for a few seconds. I was pretty sure I was going to just die right there :p. Didn't even get to do the third set. Any idea what could've caused this?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Was doing squats yesterday, 3 sets of 10. After the second set my vision got blurry and I lost my hearing for a few seconds. I was pretty sure I was going to just die right there :p. Didn't even get to do the third set. Any idea what could've caused this?
I've had that happen to me too. But to be fair I was never concerned about it and did manage to finish the workout. If it was significant enough for you to sorry about, you might want medical advice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I've had that happen to me too. But to be fair I was never concerned about it and did manage to finish the workout. If it was significant enough for you to sorry about, you might want medical advice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
I was fine after some time passed, but it was just scary at the moment so I stopped. If it happens again I'll probably do that.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Sounds like a head rush from starving your brain of oxygen, it happens just monitor it.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
What should I do to be able to do one muscle up? just one fucking muscle up.
Lack of core stability kept me from performing a muscle up.

Dips and pull-up strength was already there, but keeping the body tight while coordinating the different muscle groups was a pain in the ass. Increased core strength, stability and awareness did wonders.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think @Post Ironic does a lot of ring work, he should be able to help you with it.
I want to do a bar musle up. And I am waiting for PI to provide me a program to be able to master that.

Lack of core stability kept me from performing a muscle up.

Dips and pull-up strength was already there, but keeping the body tight while coordinating the different muscle groups was a pain in the ass. Increased core strength, stability and awareness did wonders.
I have a relatively strong core. Dips and chins are still not that good though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I want to do a bar musle up. And I am waiting for PI to provide me a program to be able to master that.

I have a relatively strong core. Dips and chins are still not that good though.
It's all about the false grip imo. With rings it's absolutely necessary, and even with a bar it makes the transition easier. Without it you have to roll your wrists over through the transition from pull-up to dip, and most people are gripping the bar far too hard for that (especially if the bar is a thicker one).

Here's a decent tutorial for both ring muscle-up and bar muscle-up, with good descriptions of the false grip on both: http://www.beastskills.com/the-muscle-up/

Another really good tutorial for ring muscle-ups is here: http://www.ringfraternity.com/tutorials/muscle-up.html

Aside from the false grip, the most important part is the ability to do full ROM in the upper part of pull-ups, and the lower part of dips... You basically want to be pulling chest/sternum to the bar, not just touching your chin over it. Make sure you're using a forward grip, and not a reverse chin-up grip, or even a neutral grip (unless on rings). With dips, you want to be dropping as deep as possible while maintaining an active shoulder.

I'd say on rings the ability to do 10 full ROM pull-ups, and 10 full ROM dips, should likely have you at a muscle up. Working up to the point of 5 sets of 10 of each in a workout is a good place to be.

On a bar... I'd increase that to 15 full ROM pull-ups, and 15 full ROM dips. Same deal with 5 sets.

If you're still having trouble with the muscle up when you hit these numbers, you can add weight to both these exercises as that will help significantly with further gains.

One caveat I will add, is that rings will make the number of pull-ups and dips required to learn the movement far easier on your shoulder and elbow joints.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Past week has definatly been pretty good record wise

on my competition managed to improve my personal best benchpress to 175 kg, and my deadlift to 317.5 with quite some progress in the tank
Today managed pr's on reps for bench, 12*130 =~182kg ; and with a board on the chest : 8*150=~190kg

Extra armwork is starting to pay off really quickly. Aiming to get to 190kg in october for bench.

Deadlift with higher volume, same insane frequency and little higher weights, but no alterations midway should allow to peak at the end and not too soon like this time, so aiming to get that 330 now, which would tie the belgian record.

Good times. Hopefully my pathetic squat improves a bit along the way

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Past week has definatly been pretty good record wise

on my competition managed to improve my personal best benchpress to 175 kg, and my deadlift to 317.5 with quite some progress in the tank
Today managed pr's on reps for bench, 12*130 =~182kg ; and with a board on the chest : 8*150=~190kg

Extra armwork is starting to pay off really quickly. Aiming to get to 190kg in october for bench.

Deadlift with higher volume, same insane frequency and little higher weights, but no alterations midway should allow to peak at the end and not too soon like this time, so aiming to get that 330 now, which would tie the belgian record.

Good times. Hopefully my pathetic squat improves a bit along the way
Do you take creatine?
im going to buy a creatine supplement i bought a fitness program but need to a good supplement

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
but i need
i need to a good supplement for increasing muscle strength i think with a good supplement i will have more energy
one of my friends suggested this one

but the price is my problem!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not a single legal supplement will remotely increase muscle strenght.

You increase muscle strenght with good training and proper eating habbits and 7+ houres sleep (7-9 depends on the person).

The supplementation you need, are vitamins, thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)