Gym and fitness (18 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Mon: Chest (bench, dumbell bench press, cable crossovers, low cable crossover + some machine to finish off)
Tue: Back (deadlift, cable pulldown, t-row, cable seated row)
Wed: Shoulders (start with some rotator cuff exercises, barbell military press, arnold press, dumbell lateral raise+ finish off with some machine)
Thu: Usually rest
Fri: Arms both biceps and triceps. The usual exercises, do like 3 each for biceps and triceps. Honestly, arm day bores me, I can't be bothered with it. Not motivated and not really interested in big arms either tbh.
Sat: Legs (squats, legs press, leg curls, seated leg curl)
That is really close to my schedule.

With regards to tight pants, that is the reason why I'm kinda scared of getting my legs bigger too. I could always turn to a hippie and wear them harem pants, but they kinda suck.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach those are called "jeggings"... Kind of a hipster chick thing to wear, I don't think you should be confessing to this on the forum man! :p

On a more serious note. Impressive numbers. What's your body weight in relation?
Those arent jeggings really. Its exactly the same as regular jeans, but i can stretch when i compress my quadriceps.

My weight is to high. After a shoulder tear in december 2012, i couldnt train for 3-4 months,had very little time due to bridging year in university to cook well, and ended up gaining 25kg fat.

Weight is currently 131kg, down from 143kg in februari when i got back from my lower back strain that kept me sidelined for 6 weeks.

Goal is to continue to cut down till i get under 115 again (my weightclass),whilst keeping 620+ total, and all this before november.

Hmm, I'll try but I have a hard time naming the different exercises in their English name so I'll try, hopefully you understand.

During my 5 day split 5x7(basically to failure):

Mon: Chest (bench, dumbell bench press, cable crossovers, low cable crossover + some machine to finish off)
Tue: Back (deadlift, cable pulldown, t-row, cable seated row)
Wed: Shoulders (start with some rotator cuff exercises, barbell military press, arnold press, dumbell lateral raise+ finish off with some machine)
Thu: Usually rest
Fri: Arms both biceps and triceps. The usual exercises, do like 3 each for biceps and triceps. Honestly, arm day bores me, I can't be bothered with it. Not motivated and not really interested in big arms either tbh.
Sat: Legs (squats, legs press, leg curls, seated leg curl)

Thing is, I've made a lot of gains and had good results from this split. It's been awesome and I've realised that I can't work out two muscle groups efficiently so therefore going all out on one muscle is better for me. The only problem I have with it is the frequency. I want to see how well I'd do if I started to work out whole body twice a week and thats why I'm going with a push/pull/legs for a few months.

Now with my new schedule I'm trying to do push(chest, shoulders, triceps)/pull(back, biceps, traps)/legs.. I've gone from a 5x7 to a 4x8 and I'm only doing 3 exercises each trying to concentrate on the major exercises and to preserve energy. For example a push day could be regular bench, dumbell bench, some cable exercise, military press, dumbell lateral raise and 2 exercises for triceps.
Push day consists of deadlift, t-rows and cable pulldown for lats, 2 exercises for biceps and 1 for traps, usually shrugs.
Legs are the same as before.

I'm aiming on going push/pull/legs/rest etc..

Also, one other thing you should know about me is that I can go a lot of days without resting. I live so close to the gym and I always find myself going back. I know I should rest but when I'm bored I just go and work out. Many times I've gone around 10-14 days without rest. I've been doing this for 1½ year so I'm not new to this or in risk of burning out, I just always find an hour to work out. But I know rest is important and I will try to force myself to 5 days max.
What you were doing is good imo, but i think you dont rest enough, wich is why you burn out the muscle.
Remember that you grow while resting, not while training.

I never had good progress on 5day schedules. You cant make em hard enough if you train natural, cause you dont have the recovery.
Just like for you, 4 day schedule, offers enough rest to endure

- - - Updated - - -

That is really close to my schedule.

With regards to tight pants, that is the reason why I'm kinda scared of getting my legs bigger too. I could always turn to a hippie and wear them harem pants, but they kinda suck.
Dont worry about bigger legs. Legs allways give an indication of their potential, because they carry you all day. Unlike shoulders or traps who can become massive when finally trained, legs are sort off trained allready.

Basically, if you dont really got big legs, you shouldnt worry about getting them in the gym, because the amount of efford that takes is gigantic

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Dont worry about bigger legs. Legs allways give an indication of their potential, because they carry you all day. Unlike shoulders or traps who can become massive when finally trained, legs are sort off trained allready.

Basically, if you dont really got big legs, you shouldnt worry about getting them in the gym, because the amount of efford that takes is gigantic

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You must do legs at the gym unless you are doing some sort of workout at home. Look at really skinny people with sticks for legs, they are just walking but they aren't getting bigger legs. If you eat properly and get enough protein then you will see an increase in your legs and it doesn't take that long at all. Just make sure you do squats, deadlifts, and maybe calf raises and you will be fine. Football star's legs aren't that big because they play soccer all the time, they also train their legs too. You don't want to look like a retard and have chicken legs.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
you must have problems with reading, he never said you shouldnt work out legs but rather that it's really hard to get the kind of gains for legs you would with other parts since your legs are pretty much already "worked out". And no you are wrong you will not see any significant gains(size, not defintion) in legs just working out and taking in protein.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
:tup:

Its impressive how he managed to read that completely wrong.
No I read it right?....Its not hard to see gains and size in legs if you work them out at the gym? Walking everyday does not "train" your legs. Maybe you should explain it better to me since I managed to read it so wrong? I've seen my legs grow much bigger with size and definition while working out my legs at the gym. Where do you get your information from? lol

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Went to the dokter today. Pretty bad news. My injury isnt a damaged adductor. I probably tore off one of the hamstrings. Fryday echo to confirm wich hamstring it is

No I read it right?....Its not hard to see gains and size in legs if you work them out at the gym? Walking everyday does not "train" your legs. Maybe you should explain it better to me since I managed to read it so wrong? I've seen my legs grow much bigger with size and definition while working out my legs at the gym. Where do you get your information from? lol
You read it wrong. Very wrong.

Legs are something you use all day. They allways carry your weight. Therefore, they allways get some kind of small/medium impuls to grow.
Triceps are something that some people barely use at all. if you have good genetics for big triceps, but you never ever use them, you dont get the impuls to grow

And the conclusion is very simple. You can perfectly have excellent genetics for massive triceps, but because you never use them, its possible they are very small. No one can know if a new guy will develop insane triceps. If @Klin would have sayd "i'm kinda scared of getting to big triceps and my suits wont fit", well, if he didnt train before and never used them, its a perfectly fine thing to say. No one knows whether he has triceps talent or not.

Now legs, that something else. Because they get an impulse by carrying your weight and walking, they did get some impuls. Because of this, a guy with a talent for massive quads, will have relatively big quads to begin with. Someone with skinny legs, wont just have their quads explode in size.
This is why i say, that the beginning size gives an indication of how your legs are.

My spotter did insane work on his medium talented quads for over a year, and got 10cm growth. Thats serious powertraining 4/5 days per week, in blok periodisation, lineair progress and deloads.

SO legs, if they arent big, they wont easely get big. You can make em big but that requires massive training with large focus on the quads.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Went to the dokter today. Pretty bad news. My injury isnt a damaged adductor. I probably tore off one of the hamstrings. Fryday echo to confirm wich hamstring it is

You read it wrong. Very wrong.

Legs are something you use all day. They allways carry your weight. Therefore, they allways get some kind of small/medium impuls to grow.
Triceps are something that some people barely use at all. if you have good genetics for big triceps, but you never ever use them, you dont get the impuls to grow

And the conclusion is very simple. You can perfectly have excellent genetics for massive triceps, but because you never use them, its possible they are very small. No one can know if a new guy will develop insane triceps. If @Klin would have sayd "i'm kinda scared of getting to big triceps and my suits wont fit", well, if he didnt train before and never used them, its a perfectly fine thing to say. No one knows whether he has triceps talent or not.

Now legs, that something else. Because they get an impulse by carrying your weight and walking, they did get some impuls. Because of this, a guy with a talent for massive quads, will have relatively big quads to begin with. Someone with skinny legs, wont just have their quads explode in size.
This is why i say, that the beginning size gives an indication of how your legs are.

My spotter did insane work on his medium talented quads for over a year, and got 10cm growth. Thats serious powertraining 4/5 days per week, in blok periodisation, lineair progress and deloads.

SO legs, if they arent big, they wont easely get big. You can make em big but that requires massive training with large focus on the quads.
Maybe I don't understand because you are from another country and you use a different vocabulary but what the hell do these talents and impuls mean? So you are saying, overall, a person does not have the ability to grow muscle if they do not have it already genetically written? Anyone and everyone can gain/lose weight, put on muscle as long as they train hard enough. You legs do not get a workout from carrying you all day. Maybe if you weight 500lbs and walk up a flight of stairs then they might get a workout but other than that, no they do not get any.

In terms of triceps, you use those a lot more than you think. Bench, which is primarily a pec workout, also works out your triceps tremendously. Good and strong triceps will help you bench grow immensely.

I do not accept your answer about "Oh, if you're born with skinny legs you will never have big legs" That's complete bullshit to me. Train hard and eat and you will see your body develop and you will see big legs. Do you think all body builders were born that big? No, they trained their legs and ate like fucking animals.

Of course if you don't workout then nothing will grow, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. You can accept that your legs will not grow but I'll be over here working on my legs while you enjoy your chicken legs.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
SO legs, if they arent big, they wont easely get big.
From my experience and my legs I can confirm this. My legs did grow bigger for sure and they are stronger, but there's no way I could say they are big or huge. And I highly doubt many people would guess that I can squat 110kg (while many people or my weight/height squat less and have bigger legs).

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
I am 6'0, 185lbs and my personal max at squat is 405 so high and weight have nothing to do with it really, as long as you work hard at the gym. Two years ago I could barely squat 150lbs. My legs grew a lot in size and in strength.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
From my experience and my legs I can confirm this. My legs did grow bigger for sure and they are stronger, but there's no way I could say they are big or huge. And I highly doubt many people would guess that I can squat 110kg (while many people or my weight/height squat less and have bigger legs).
You are an excellent example here. You did train, and 110kg squat is more then most beachboys with them biceps and chickenlegs (please tell me its a full squat), but as you notice, your legs didnt suddenly explode in size. However, cause of training, your neural systhem improved, and your core improved, the muscles became denser and stronger.

You can get massive legs. But it will take so, so much efford with food and specific hateful training.

However, you did prove that you can easely improve to a nice number in strenght, by working out.

I can also confirm that.
Another good example here. Beeing made to run and thin skelet, its hard for you to get massive legs. But you offcourse can improve muscles, increase densitiy and connections, and get stronger.

"magic wands" are a fine example of this

I am 6'0, 185lbs and my personal max at squat is 405 so high and weight have nothing to do with it really, as long as you work hard at the gym. Two years ago I could barely squat 150lbs. My legs grew a lot in size and in strength.
Before i respond i have to ask, explain me how your squat looks like.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
you must have problems with reading, he never said you shouldnt work out legs but rather that it's really hard to get the kind of gains for legs you would with other parts since your legs are pretty much already "worked out". And no you are wrong you will not see any significant gains(size, not defintion) in legs just working out and taking in protein.
Speak on it pimp

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No blood streaks down the back of your leg, no sweet bump right below your ass cheek? One of my buddies in high school tore his hamstring. It was pretty gruesome.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Why are those great examples? Because they agreed with you? Have you seen their legs personally? Describe my squat? What are you going to criticize my form? Okay my feet are a little wider than shoulder width apart, I stare up at a point on the ceiling so my back and core are tight and straight, and lower my hips so that they are lower than my knees or whatever and then I go back up. That is my squat. I usually am barefoot or have converses on so I can have a flat surface for my feet so that my form is better as well. How do YOU do your squats?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No blood streaks down the back of your leg, no sweet bump right below your ass cheek? One of my buddies in high school tore his hamstring. It was pretty gruesome.
Massive blood streak all over the upper leg, that now, 14 days later, still isnt entirely gone.
2 bumbs in the inside of the leg, about 4 cm and 7 cm under the sack. about 2cm wide and nearly 3cm high. (its very visible)
Dokter gave me a series of injections and laser to reduce the hematoma.
fryday echo to decde with hamstring snapped.
wednesday new series of injections, and the conclusion.

The dokter is a renown one. I want to know from him wich will give me the strongest leg, re-attaching the hamstring, or allowing the others to grow bigger in the now available room.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
You can get massive legs. But it will take so, so much efford with food and specific hateful training.

QUOTE]

That's the point of working out. You are wasting your time if you go half-assed at the gym. Working out or "training" doesn't have to be hateful. Learn to enjoy doing something and it won't be hateful. Its not that hard to build muscle, all you need is time and patience and the results will come.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Massive blood streak all over the upper leg, that now, 14 days later, still isnt entirely gone.
2 bumbs in the inside of the leg, about 4 cm and 7 cm under the sack. about 2cm wide and nearly 3cm high. (its very visible)
Dokter gave me a series of injections and laser to reduce the hematoma.
fryday echo to decde with hamstring snapped.
wednesday new series of injections, and the conclusion.

The dokter is a renown one. I want to know from him wich will give me the strongest leg, re-attaching the hamstring, or allowing the others to grow bigger in the now available room.
Oh man, brutal Zach. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Hope you bounce back as quickly as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)