Gym and fitness (23 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
don't laugh about it, it actually is. due to increase in testosterone, hair loss can occur during lifting. scientists from NYU have derived a formula that takes into account your age, testosterone level, workout intensity, and diet and linked it to hair loss and the chances one has of holding on to their scalp follicles. 60% of the time, it works 100% of the time.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I guess so. Apart from my running shoes, I don't think I have the right running equipment.
I have a pair of thermal tights that can keep me warm on temperatures down to -10 degrees. As for the upper part I start with a merino wool tight to skin top on top of that a long sleeve top always synthetic material, the long sleeve can be replaced with a micro fleece if it is too cold. On top of that if it is windy I have a wind stopper, extremely thin and light. Or all in all I replace the top and the wind stopper with a thermal jacket if it is very cold and sunny and wind free. Very functional, very light and very thin.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I have a pair of thermal tights that can keep me warm on temperatures down to -10 degrees. As for the upper part I start with a merino wool tight to skin top on top of that a long sleeve top always synthetic material, the long sleeve can be replaced with a micro fleece if it is too cold. On top of that if it is windy I have a wind stopper, extremely thin and light. Or all in all I replace the top and the wind stopper with a thermal jacket if it is very cold and sunny and wind free. Very functional, very light and very thin.
You Pussy :D

Don't need no thermal shit if you run properly ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Offcourse

Human body and everything that its made of, is made to perform optimally at 36.5°C

To warm

- Blood circulates and acts as an inner cooling system. blood vessels open to gift the heat to the streams. Stream reaches trough embranchement the layers where the sweatglands are. sweat is created to exchange heat with surface.
- This proces happens each time when you work out. However when its to warm, this requires additional efford and energy that isnt going to the lifting/cardio.
- To fasten it up, the heart will pump faster. This lowers the ammount your hearbeat can go up while excercising.
(normal : 70 -> 180 = it can rise 110) (now : 95 ->180 = it can rise 95)

To cold

- Muscle contraction requires optimal temperatures and acidity. Like an engine, "cold muscles" arent good because the fluids dont flow as efficient as they should, and the tissue is more rigid.
- lower flexibility of tissue can lead to injuries
- low temperature effects the carnosine working, meaning your muscles operate at a lower ph, wich will give more muscular pain and less good recovery afterwards

Id say, a powerlifter has more issues when its to warm, and a runner has much more issues when its to cold

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Come back and tell me that when you run on a 15 degrees morning and the streets are full of snow. Let me see you run there with shorts and a tank top.
I really hope you didn't take me at all seriously there?? :shocked:

I too enjoy a good run as I do twice a week. Obviously the conditions are nothing like the one you're describing but I'd certainly love to give it a go and experience what it'll feel like. Always up for a challenge.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I really hope you didn't take me at all seriously there?? :shocked:

I too enjoy a good run as I do twice a week. Obviously the conditions are nothing like the one you're describing but I'd certainly love to give it a go and experience what it'll feel like. Always up for a challenge.
I don't know, I felt the urge to reply, maybe to show off that I do run on snow. You are welcome to Sweden anytime during the winter so we can do a run together.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I don't know, I felt the urge to reply, maybe to show off that I do run on snow. You are welcome to Sweden anytime during the winter so we can do a run together.

That'll be so awesome. What's it like running in winter in Sweden??

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
What's the best upper chest workout?
Incline dumbell press, incline dumbbell flyes and incline push ups, but from my personal experience, you can't grow upper chest quickly. It took me at least a couple of months until I saw any improvement in that department and even now, it's probably my least developed muscle. If you are worried that your chest isn't growing as fast as you would like to or think you are doing it wrong, you should relax. As long as you get the pump and your muscles feel a little bit sore the next morning, you are probably good.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
That depends entirely on the type of training and schedule
Elaborate.

incline dumbbells :boh:
That's what I only do.

Incline dumbell press, incline dumbbell flyes and incline push ups, but from my personal experience, you can't grow upper chest quickly. It took me at least a couple of months until I saw any improvement in that department and even now, it's probably my least developed muscle. If you are worried that your chest isn't growing as fast as you would like to or think you are doing it wrong, you should relax. As long as you get the pump and your muscles feel a little bit sore the next morning, you are probably good.
I find incline push ups a waste of time.

I do feel sore afterwards, so I'm not worrying too much TBH, but my lower chest is growing a bit faster, which I think is normal.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
I find incline push ups a waste of time.
They are not if you do them correctly and a proper amount. Of course, bench pressing is much better, but it's a decent alternative. How many of them do you do?

I do feel sore afterwards, so I'm not worrying too much TBH, but my lower chest is growing a bit faster, which I think is normal.
Yes, it's normal.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
They are not if you do them correctly and a proper amount. Of course, bench pressing is much better, but it's a decent alternative. How many of them do you do?
I used to do 50 * 4. Form is good. I just don't find them useful, which is why I stopped doing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)