Gym and fitness (27 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
:inter:

EDIT: Of course this comment has nothing to do with Klin and Janna's relationship which I think is cute and sweet just like Janna and Badass'. My comment means that I'm very tired after a long run.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
lol wtf decline bench is the best exercise for your chest
Is it now ? Wel i love getting critique, lets look at it a bit more in dept shall we.

What is benchpress for ? defining chest(primarly) and shoulders+triceps, secundarly.

First comes Benchpress, regular one.
You make maximum use of all muscles. A full contraction on the prime group, the chest, and the triceps.
It puts a huge strain on the shoulders. Because of medium angle, and high weight. For this reason its adviced to have a bro unracking it with you, to avoid rotator cuffs getting strained.

Incline dumbell benchpress, the definition one.
Incline dumbell press, is mostly for your shoulders to develop alongside the chest. You strenghten the specific muscles a regular benchpress uses like this. Because its angeled, you use less of the chest. This form of benchpress has the highest taxing shoulder angle, but its the lowest weight. This is mandatory as second most important excercise, to avoid injuries. THE best shoulder exercise for the bench press fanatic.

Flat dumbell benchpress, the stability one
Same angle and contraction as the regular benchpress, but now you dont have a connection between both hands. Yet the angle on the shoulder is the same, and you can use the full body pressure technique and arching like you want, so the weight is larget then incline dumbell.
The prime focuss of this excercise, is to learn to body to have a better controll of the weights. less trembeling and less correction.
For engineering students, if you want a vertical vector, Y section ; the less force that goes lost in the X direction, the more force you can put.
Translated to benchpress, the less trembeling and correction, the more force. thats why for advanced users, this is a good technique.
For advanced bodybuilders, this is a good way for more definition, but you need to have really maxed the other stuff first to notice.

incline barbell bench press. For beginners.
If you want to start training those shoulder parts for the flat bench, but your positional muscles are to weak to handle dumbells yet, you can add this one. you'll train shoulders and upper chest like with dumbells, but its less dependant on positional muscle. Advanced users dont do this excercise, and put everything on dumbell.

Decline benchpress. For arching.
Decline dumbell press has the least arch for shoulders, and technically allows for a really high weight, at least for a while. This is an excercise usefull for powerlifters, who want to learn how to push up, using an arched position. It doesnt target any muscle that the rest of the presses isnt using fully allready.
All in all, this is an excercise pure for the neural part. You do not train any muscle with it.
If you arent doing any competition benchpress of 160kg of above , you wont have much use for it.
NOTE : bodybuilders with a really taxing shoulder schedule, might opt for this excercise to avoid straining the shoulders to hard, instead of regular benchpress

Decline dumbell bench press
I dont see a use for it. arch is to low to learn from, positional, flat is better. If you have a shoulder injury maybe

All in all, do this

setxrep

A big day for benchpress. like 1x5 (40-60-80-100-120) INTERMEDIATE ;or; 1x5(40,60,80,100)+5*120 ADVANCED, or 12x40,10x60,8x80,6x100 STARTER
incline dumbell press on the same day, but as secondary excercise 5*15 (36-36-36-36-36)

and when you are doing shoulder day, have flat dumbell press as secondary excerise
like this :

major shoulder excercise (military, or dumbell press (vertical)) 5x5
flat dumbell press secondary : 5x12 (38,38,38,38,38)

- - - Updated - - -

i really don't understand you honey :moan:
are you saying that i eat a lot of junk food or are you saying my boobs are getting bigger :klin:
Breast tissue is made up mostly fat and collagene.

The base value is diffrent for every girl. You can increase and decrease the base value by eating more or less so your fat% fluctuates.
By doing plenty of sports, you'll get better collagene troughout the body, and have firmer tits and booty.

Girls that work out, may have genetically larger or smaller breasts/booty, but it will be firmer and not swagger all around the place.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever is needed to do pull ups and dips.
Allright jack lemme help you with this one, but give me some infos first

What kind of pullups ?
You can do bicep based pull ups, and back based pull ups
The first one means the hands are like 10cm away from each other
The second one means they are at shoulder with

Dips,what kind ?

leaning foward, you are going full on the chest and triceps
leaning backwards, you are going full on triceps

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Allright jack lemme help you with this one, but give me some infos first

What kind of pullups ?
You can do bicep based pull ups, and back based pull ups
The first one means the hands are like 10cm away from each other
The second one means they are at shoulder with

Dips,what kind ?

leaning foward, you are going full on the chest and triceps
leaning backwards, you are going full on triceps
Both kinds for both.

As for dips, my ultimate goal is to be able to do the leaning forward type with hanging rings. (If I can manage ten by the end of the summer then I can feel that I achieved something.)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Both kinds for both.

As for dips, my ultimate goal is to be able to do the leaning forward type with hanging rings. (If I can manage ten by the end of the summer then I can feel that I achieved something.)
You would mostly be needing overall biceps and triceps. But you are a runner so slim build. You dont want short sets, dont strain those joints.

If you go to a gym i'd advice the following

day 1 :

Incline bench press with dumbels. Builders shoulders, chest and triceps. 5sets 12 reps, increasing weights

barbell bicep curl 5sets of 15 reps, 90to120 sec rest between sets. slightly increasing weights each set. Make sure you fully lower to the waste, and contract it completely.

switching hammer curl 5sets15reps. Dont overuse those shoulders !

21's http://www.ehow.com/how_5008571_execute-twenty-ones.html 3 of them, this REALLY pumps up them biceps.

day 2

lateral pulldown. keep vertical under the bar. Do long sets, like 15 or 20 reps, 5 sets. this trains the part of the back you need for pullups

skullcrushers ! best tricep excercise ever ! also do long sets of it, and again 5 of them.

cord pulldowns, many reps, many sets

all the above will train chest and back moderately, but biceps and triceps significantly

allways get good form, good contraction. fuck the dudebra's cheating, you want all reps to be good.

long reps should be good for you, with all that stamina.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Nice, Kate :tup:

I tried compound training today. Dumbbell bench x 15 and then straight to lat pulldowns x15, 30 sec rest and then repeated 5 times.

Then it was bicep curl x 15 and straight to calves x15 - same routine as above.

Then I just did cable fly's 12/10/8 and bicep pull downs 12/10/8 , but with substantial rest in between as my lower arms were so fucked from the previous sets.

Ab workout and cardio at the end.

Not only do I feel like I was at the gym, it feels like my body was raped by a freight train.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Really starting to enjoy the weight lifting.
Considering the "care to show some video progress, so i can comment on good form or not (form = critical !)" is gonna give me a straight NO..

i'll leave it at "care to share some numbers ?

Nice, Kate :tup:

I tried compound training today. Dumbbell bench x 15 and then straight to lat pulldowns x15, 30 sec rest and then repeated 5 times.

Then it was bicep curl x 15 and straight to calves x15 - same routine as above.

Then I just did cable fly's 12/10/8 and bicep pull downs 12/10/8 , but with substantial rest in between as my lower arms were so fucked from the previous sets.

Ab workout and cardio at the end.

Not only do I feel like I was at the gym, it feels like my body was raped by a freight train.
Good luck using those bodyparts tomorrow :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Started a new routine yesterday, I too feel like ive been run over, its a good pain though. Pushed myself so hard yesterday in fact that my trackie bottoms were drenched in sweat, looked like I pissed myself :D

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Considering the "care to show some video progress, so i can comment on good form or not (form = critical !)" is gonna give me a straight NO..

i'll leave it at "care to share some numbers ?
If I were any good I wouldn't mind the first, but I'm nowhere near as intense as you guys.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Great. I now have 'trigger finger' on both hands. 1 finger on my right hand and 3 fingers on my left hand. I'm going to the hospital this morning and possibly book for surgery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)