Gym and fitness (25 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Well that sucks. What are you starting with (height/weight?)

I'm still on 5x5 program and results are great so far (3 months into it)
It's a Guinea Pig programme made by a friend of a friend of mine, that studies at the Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports at Copenhagen University.

It's to create strength and explosiveness without adding to much weight (competitive swimmer-programme is the idea behind, I'm not a swimmer tho just a Guinea Pig).

I'm 185 cm and 75 kg. I've got 5-7 kilos of fat to loose to get down to a fat percentage of 4% which is the "close to competition"-shape that's targeted.

When I get further into the programme I might be able to disclose a more detailed description.

- - - Updated - - -

Der var engang en lille dreng fra down under, hans opvækst foregik blandt australianske bønder, hvor ville jeg dog ønske hans barndom foregik i Tønder.
That's fucked :lol: Better call a Pedagog to help that child.

@Søren Krarup

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sounds interesting. Anyway, that body fat percentage is quite low, you're not gonna compete are you? It's pretty hard to maintain such % whole year 'round IMO. If you want an advice focus a lot one legs :p When you start losing weight they will come out rather tinny, you might not like it (speaking from personal experience). And even if you squat with big weights you won't get them huge, especially after that cutting.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Sounds interesting. Anyway, that body fat percentage is quite low, you're not gonna compete are you? It's pretty hard to maintain such % whole year 'round IMO. If you want an advice focus a lot one legs :p When you start losing weight they will come out rather tinny, you might not like it (speaking from personal experience). And even if you squat with big weights you won't get them huge, especially after that cutting.
Don't worry. I've been doing light lifting and fitness training for more than ten years.

The programme is simply to test how much strength I gain per pound of muscle added.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Dropped 2 KGs of fat over the past month. Very very happy. though I was very worried when I saw the scale showing that I lost 2 KGs instead of gaining.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
what do you do right now?
Dumbbell press, dumbbell fly, incline bench press (using the machine as opposed to free weights) , dumbbell pullover. Not a fan of regular bench press exercises as I'm usually a lone wolf in the gym. Do 30 push ups in the morning and 30 a night everyday also.
I suppose I could just up the weights on my current routines but I'm just getting a little bored of them to be honest.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Dumbbell press, dumbbell fly, incline bench press (using the machine as opposed to free weights) , dumbbell pullover. Not a fan of regular bench press exercises as I'm usually a lone wolf in the gym. Do 30 push ups in the morning and 30 a night everyday also.
I suppose I could just up the weights on my current routines but I'm just getting a little bored of them to be honest.
incline + decline is supposedly very good

You will work absolutely all chest-muscles then

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
incline + decline is supposedly very good

You will work absolutely all chest-muscles then
Yeah that's the conclusion I was coming to, every hint and tip I've found on google has indicated altering my current exercises with an incline or decline :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Flat bench press is gonna build you the most muscle while incline is great too. Don't focus on decline much at the beginning or else you'll get bitch tits. You're fine JFG, just give it some time :tup: some people have weaker chest (bad genetics) but eventually they will look great.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Flat bench press is gonna build you the most muscle while incline is great too. Don't focus on decline much at the beginning or else you'll get bitch tits. You're fine JFG, just give it some time :tup: some people have weaker chest (bad genetics) but eventually they will look great.
Cheers Dule, I'll stay the course then :tup:. I'm definitely noticing a massive difference already just after two months. I've managed to convert a lot of fat weight into muscle weight (not directly of course). What I mean is I was 85KG before I started training and I still am, but with a noticeable difference in body fat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)