Gym and fitness (26 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Ok, sorry Zach, i guess i knew nothing about powerlifting. My opinion about it came from the same place Dule's opinion came. I see two guys (The only two guys in my town, probably in my country) who are doing powerlifting, and one of them looks like a fucking straw while the other is just rounded, fat if you will and has nothing on the outside of his body that would make him look fit. That is why i thought it was pointless.

Anyways, i agree with you, each person should choose what it likes best.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ok, sorry Zach, i guess i knew nothing about powerlifting. My opinion about it came from the same place Dule's opinion came. I see two guys (The only two guys in my town, probably in my country) who are doing powerlifting, and one of them looks like a fucking straw while the other is just rounded, fat if you will and has nothing on the outside of his body that would make him look fit. That is why i thought it was pointless.

Anyways, i agree with you, each person should choose what it likes best.
No problem, and to be quite honest i dislike such bodytype aswel.
when i see olympic weightlifting in snatch, and clear&jerk, i will likely wach each cathegory, but not the open cathegory.
In powerlifting, a bit of a belly is okayish, because compound excercises take advantage of a high enough fat%

I assume in comparison to dule, of whom i heard has abs made of iron, from the front his upper body will look endlessly better then mine.

however, my back and legs, are likely to be twice as big and muscular, as those are the area's where powerlifters shine.

But, once i'm done with my 3x3 strenght schema in 7 weeks time, i'm going to work around keeping the same 1rm, with 2/3 more reps, while trying to slowly decrease abdominal fat.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I would like to point out a truely fantastic product on the european and american market at the moment, for an insane cheap price.

http://www.xxlnutrition.nl/assault/muscle-pharm

This is a preworkout. It has the right dose on amino acids and creatine, added with vitamins to combat adrenal gland exhaustion, has a very wel dosed energycomplex that doesnt cause crash and has 6 grams bcaa.
I was blown away by the dose of ingredients, for a price of just under 30 euro.

If you are looking for a creatine like product, that costs you 1 euro per training, look no further. If you are sensitive to stimulants like cafeine, half a scoop will do, making it 0.5 euro per training.

Considering the dose per scoop and compared to competition, this product should normally cost at least double.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
To be quite honest, that would be better then 80% of what is on the market.

Most preworkouts is just, very low doses of know ingredients, an overload of cafeine, a famous head on the package and done. coffee is better indeed.

I had half an asperine, a 250mg cafeine tablet(i'm a bit resistant to cafeine) and one serving of that assault. Best workout in a very long time. and new 3repmax records for squat and benchpress :)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Anyone tried this?

https://www.onnit.com/hemp-force/

Heard people talking like its the next best thing.
Never heard about hemp protein before, but i'm allways very critical, as usually a 6protein blend is best, or dipeptide/isolate if you have a high speed metabolism.

omega 3 is probably cheaper as a stand alone supplement, "now foods" sells the right dose for like 50doses for 11 euro's or something

omega 6 and 9 should be only important for vegetarians

i'll check with my nutritionist about that hemp. but 16 grams of protein per serving, and THAT PRICE ?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Horrible day

did 3*132.5kg benchpress, wich is technically a 140.3007 1rm (and i want to reach 140 1rm ever since i started gym)

when i tried to 1rm it, while ascending again, i made a wrong move with the wrist, and while correcting, i pulled the healty rotatorcuff in my right shoulder. could be a stretch but its swollen and hurts like hell

Going to take x-ray tomorrow. if its a pull, it will be the end of benchpress for a quite a while :sad:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I, on the other hand, had like 2-3 training over the past month. Yes, it's how much I suck. What's even worse is that today started snowing, which kills my mood/motivation.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hmm, might turn out lucky. after a night of icepacks and fastum gel, swelling is gone, and no extravasation (wich i did had when i injured it 2 years ago)
In stationary there is no pain anymore, but it still hurts like a motherfucker if i try putting on a jacket.

years ago, in one of the 3 fights he didnt win, vitali klitshko once tore off the rotator of his jab arm. and people were mad that he stopped to prevent a careerending injury

I wonder how the hell he even managed to raise his arm. after that

- - - Updated - - -

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I, on the other hand, had like 2-3 training over the past month. Yes, it's how much I suck. What's even worse is that today started snowing, which kills my mood/motivation.
One thing, i allways cherished, was back when i was a kid, after a football training on a cold winter day. taking a shower then driving home on my bike.

It gives a wierd sensation to do, but i liked it.

In these cold/snow days, i love going to gym and lift a bit, then go home and experience that feeling from 15 years ago again. nostaly ..:touched:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Alright, so I finally got disgusted of my pot belly and enrolled into a gym. Worked on cardio for about an hour. Looking forward to sweating it out every day henceforth. :)
Good luck, I hope you keep up this motivation.

Last year I enrolled to gym like three times... Sadly, other stuff and laziness kept me from continuing.

Apr 15, 2006
So I've been at it for a few days now. I alternate between cardio and weights so that my legs aren't worked too hard for a stretch. While I'm not on the treadmill, cross trainer or the cycle, I'm lifting weights to work on my shoulder, midriff and biceps.

But I need to figure out a good workout plan to burn fat, work on my abs and tone up my upper body. Would appreciate some help from you guys.

Ps: I'm 72kgs when I thought I was somewhere around 67-68. I need to get that down quick!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So I've been at it for a few days now. I alternate between cardio and weights so that my legs aren't worked too hard for a stretch. While I'm not on the treadmill, cross trainer or the cycle, I'm lifting weights to work on my shoulder, midriff and biceps.

But I need to figure out a good workout plan to burn fat, work on my abs and tone up my upper body. Would appreciate some help from you guys.

Ps: I'm 72kgs when I thought I was somewhere around 67-68. I need to get that down quick!
You gotta be in caloric deficit, that's the most important thing to do if you wanna burn and see those abs. So you should light weights and focus on compound movements and do cardio (either running or a jump rope IMO). But you just have to eat less, or eat the same but increase your activity level.

--

Two more days and my semester and lectures are over so I will start gymming again. I'm planning to change my routing after a looong time of doing it, I think I'll give 5x5 a try now and see what I do.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You gotta be in caloric deficit, that's the most important thing to do if you wanna burn and see those abs. So you should light weights and focus on compound movements and do cardio (either running or a jump rope IMO). But you just have to eat less, or eat the same but increase your activity level.

--

Two more days and my semester and lectures are over so I will start gymming again. I'm planning to change my routing after a looong time of doing it, I think I'll give 5x5 a try now and see what I do.
Do it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Going vedge for a week is a great way to cut some weight. Do a leafy greens diet with protein in the morning and bust ass with cardio all week. But don't do it for more than a week because it's not really that great for you.

- - - Updated - - -

About to do my snow day routine. 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats, then run a mile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)