Gym and fitness (19 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i wasnt targeting anything :p i will prolly go back up in weight as the weather gets cooler, all i care for at this point is benching 315
your gonna beat me to it, before i went on my diet, in the last week i tryed 1rm's on squat and bench

succeeded in 300 lbs bench, but failed to 315. at the moment i'm continiu to do 5*264's at the end of fryday and monday,

I However did succeed in squatting 396 lbs , with the bar high on the traps. My vision was totally blurry and half black when i made it back up tho, damn blood pressure !

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
you dont think you're exposing yourself to injury with those?
have done it for 6 months without a single injury, but i went up in fat% a bit aswel. water on the joints and a "bacon" layer around them, protects pretty good

the trick is now, losing 15kg, without losing power, whilst keeping the same weights, and adding in some more to strenghten my grip and arms, wich are pathetic.

I do tend to see people with >8% fat struggle with bill star

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
ya i think that wont be good for me, the max i can do is squats/bench/deadlifts twice a week, and i think thats kinda pushing it. maybe resistance bands can help you stay explosive even if you drop some weight, whats wrong with your arms?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
well, my bill star is like

Monday
squat 5*5 (last is 5rm)
bench 5*5 ((last is 5rm)
barbell row 5*5 (last is 5rm)

wednesday
squat 4*5 (first 3 are same as monday, 4th = third set, so a light squat)
military press 4*5
deadlift 4*5

fryday
same excercise as monday,
first 4 sets same weight
5th set, 2.5% more weight, but 3 reps
6th set = third set again, but 8 reps now

optional : 3*8 barbel curl and 3*8 tricep extention

when you make monday and fryday target, increase monday weights 2.5%
when you make military/deadlift, increase next week by 2.5%

Guy from my old gym that is leading me trough a diet do trop weight, but keep strenght, after measuring and checking my sizes, said what i tought for a long time, considering my chest's power/size, and legs, my arms are 20% to small

forearms lack power for grip, making me use wriststraps on 370 and 418 deadlift

bicep/tricep, failing me when i tried pushing 5*275 bench, my 315 1rm, and also hold back a bit on military press

its my weakest point

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
ya i think that wont be good for me, the max i can do is squats/bench/deadlifts twice a week, and i think thats kinda pushing it. maybe resistance bands can help you stay explosive even if you drop some weight, whats wrong with your arms?
If you do deadlifts twice a week that might be the issue though. Squats and bench three times a week is pretty okay.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What is so surprising when you're not working your triceps and bices?

Triceps extention as the only exercise won't do anything to your triceps.
yes, but the entire concept of 5x5 stronglift and bill star is to only do compound excercises, the big lifts, and row/military

i have to say, the progress i made in 6 months is prety high, i made large jumps in weights for every big lift, and at the end was held back by arms.

But, i'm working on that

whilst i'm on a diet to cut of 18kg, with a highcarb(trainingday)/lowcarb (offday) diet

I continue my 5x5 stronglift schema, but not improving weights...

whilst trowing in cardio, and a 4th training day for another cardio

And whilst doing this, added monday and fryday 2 bicep excercise, 2tricep excercise, 2 abs excercise

and of wednesday pulldowns, calf raise, incline bench

all the added excercise are 3*12, with very low recuperation between sets, not a really big weight apart from tricep/bicep, but my arms are completely dead after training

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Good way to build strength while losing fat is complexes. Still only 5RM but because you're performing a number of exercises continuously you're also getting your heart rate up.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
you;re forgetting i go pretty heavy on those, trust me even 1 heavy and one light(twice a week) is pretty strenuous.
It all depends on your body mechanics as well. If you're a shorter guy with shorter limbs, squatting is simply not going to make you as beat up. In my case squatting three times a week would be okay (though out of the question with soccer preseason having me train five times a week), but benching that much would kill me.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
im at 160 homes
I'm at 167:)

---------- Post added 28.07.2012 at 16:04 ----------

Ran 5 miles today. Gotta say my distance consistency is fluctuating too much

---------- Post added 28.07.2012 at 16:04 ----------

And I workout 4 times a week with only my upper body

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I ran 6.5 miles today (10.5k)...took me 1 hour 1 minute. :depressed

*sigh*

I need to work on my average time per mile. :(

@JCK ^

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Work on your perseverance first, if you complete the 6.5 miles easily time after time then you can work on improving the time. And gaining speed is only achieved by HIIT, a pain in the ass but so efficient. With time you will think it is fun especially when you start designing your own sessions that both fit your need and find interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)