Gym and fitness (18 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Work on your perseverance first, if you complete the 6.5 miles easily time after time then you can work on improving the time. And gaining speed is only achieved by HIIT, a pain in the ass but so efficient. With time you will think it is fun especially when you start designing your own sessions that both fit your need and find interesting.
I am having fun, which is nice. I have an app on my iPhone now that tracks my distance and time using GPS. I am getting more fit as I feel my lungs aren't breathing as hard and my legs are taking me further more quickly so I am really looking forward to improving my time per mile and increasing the distance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's the way to go, don't forget to do some training for your legs and core, it goes well with running.
I bike to and from work, that has helped my upper legs tone up quite a bit. When I am in the weight room, however I usually only do my upper body. I've been running so much lately it is getting hard to keep any weight on.

Trying NOT to bulk up my upper body, just tone with a nice build. Have no reason to want to be too big.

The best thing about running in downtown DC is tht it isn't flat...it has some nice terrain/hills so when I want to mix it up its quite easy to do so.

My goal is to everage 10-12 miles on an easy day.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Work on your perseverance first, if you complete the 6.5 miles easily time after time then you can work on improving the time. And gaining speed is only achieved by HIIT, a pain in the ass but so efficient. With time you will think it is fun especially when you start designing your own sessions that both fit your need and find interesting.
gonna start swapping hiit instead of regular cardio on non training days once, the weightloss per week is less then a kilogram

so insanely effective, and indeed, wonderfull for explosiveness

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 13:35 ----------

Any tips against blisters when running? Tried special socks and it didn't help.
better shoes, or wait till you grow enough repair tissue :p

it dutch its called "eelt"

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Any tips against blisters when running? Tried special socks and it didn't help.
For me the only thing that helped was not tying the laces too tight. I don't tie my walking shoes at all and the friction when I tied my running shoes was enough to cause blisters. My feet were simply not used to it. Simply not tying them too tight was enough to prevent them occurring again.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
gonna start swapping hiit instead of regular cardio on non training days once, the weightloss per week is less then a kilogram

so insanely effective, and indeed, wonderfull for explosiveness

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 13:35 ----------

better shoes, or wait till you grow enough repair tissue :p

it dutch its called "eelt"
Hmm the shoes could be it, i got these nikes for over a year now and believe me Eelts isnt the solution :D Thx for the advice tho!

For me the only thing that helped was not tying the laces too tight. I don't tie my walking shoes at all and the friction when I tied my running shoes was enough to cause blisters. My feet were simply not used to it. Simply not tying them too tight was enough to prevent them occurring again.
Well Bro, they are kinda loose and the only appear after i passed the 8km, i will try chalk, saw that tip on a forum somewhere. thx for the advice tho!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Hows your progress Vlatko? :D
What progress? :p I have no set-in-stone goal, only to look good to myself and ladies. And I've achieved that a year ago. :p

Sure, I would like more definition and less fat, but that's something that isn't worth fussing about as it requires too much dedication and giving up on things I've grown accustomed to throughout my life.

Though the last two days I have the craziest chest soreness ever. I can barely move my arms. Trying out a new workout routine, with supersets. Craaaaaazy.
Hmm the shoes could be it, i got these nikes for over a year now and believe me Eelts isnt the solution :D Thx for the advice tho!

Then try tying them real tight. :p

Well Bro, they are kinda loose and the only appear after i passed the 8km, i will try chalk, saw that tip on a forum somewhere. thx for the advice tho!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Not sure. I was trying to focus on posture today and it didn't really make a difference. My shoes aren't exactly running shoes (I had but they disappeared), but they're football turf shoes.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh true. It gets you tired faster but helps a lot. The best type of running is the one from playing football imo. A lot of acceleration and turns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)