Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Right, so I've gone and done my knees again and am on some gay ass flexibility thing since December, but it's time to get back into the swing of things, alas I can't afford a gym so here's what I've got:

• Limited floor space, enough for two lunges
  • 50kg of weights, two dumbbells, a barbell
  • A chair for dips
  • A yoga mat
  • A running track
  • A burning desire to get back to fitness.

What I want:
No half measure, a 6-8 weeks, 3 day a week weight programme (with 3 days cardio I'm ok for that) that will rape my soul and tone me back up.

Fuck asking anybody else, you boys won't steer me wrong, so lets do it. :vinny:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Is there much difference between anabolic whey protein and normal whey protein?
I've never heard of anabolic protein powder but anabol pretty much speeds up muscle recovery. I don't really think it would be that necessary.

Right now I'm using a great protein 'growth matrix' - http://www.reflex-nutrition.com.au/show_product.php?ItemId=16

I don't know if you're able to get it out of Australia but probably the best post workout protein I've ever used. Made with natural ingredients unlike some of the bigger brands that synthesize a lot of their products.

marjin

Jan 28, 2012
This thread has absolutely nothin to do with me,nowdays..I miss the form and moments when i used to play some good football and they used to say that i had some potential.Snif..

marjin

Jan 28, 2012
That reminds me of a rocky movie or somethin.Why should i do so?lol.Prefer some 5v5 football games even if i go rarely.At the age of 28 cold beer and watchin football from TV takes over..

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I've never heard of anabolic protein powder but anabol pretty much speeds up muscle recovery. I don't really think it would be that necessary.

Right now I'm using a great protein 'growth matrix' - http://www.reflex-nutrition.com.au/show_product.php?ItemId=16

I don't know if you're able to get it out of Australia but probably the best post workout protein I've ever used. Made with natural ingredients unlike some of the bigger brands that synthesize a lot of their products.
Cheers the protein ive just ordered is Matrix anabolic protein i wasn't sure if i should get it or the normal protein which is slightly cheaper and apparently tastes a lot better than the anabolic stuff.

This is the stuff here

http://www.matrix-nutrition.co.uk/Product.aspx?5KG_Matrix_Anabolic_Protein&Code=MA11

Im also thinking about getting creatine or tribulus capsules as well anyone tried these?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So lately when I'm jogging I get that pain that you get in your stomach sometimes when exercising. My schedule is tight, I come home late, quick dinner and then I go to the gym, could be from the eating right before exercise but I can't do much about it.

Ideas?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So lately when I'm jogging I get that pain that you get in your stomach sometimes when exercising. My schedule is tight, I come home late, quick dinner and then I go to the gym, could be from the eating right before exercise but I can't do much about it.

Ideas?
It's called side stitch and there is no real explanation for it or to why it happens. Many theories say tiredness, strange food habits as in your case or simply psychological. When I used to have it, I used to treat it by ignoring it totally, I usually think of something else or focus on the scenery and the sounds around me. I also heard that if you raise your arms straight up for a small while it might go away but I am not sure, it can be a placebo and placebo is usually strong.

I don't understand, do you run in the gym? If that's the case then what is the problem in waiting a while after the food?

Can't you eat more properly at work before leaving allowing the food to be digested?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's called side stitch and there is no real explanation for it or to why it happens. Many theories say tiredness, strange food habits as in your case or simply psychological. When I used to have it, I used to treat it by ignoring it totally, I usually think of something else or focus on the scenery and the sounds around me. I also heard that if you raise your arms straight up for a small while it might go away but I am not sure, it can be a placebo and placebo is usually strong.

I don't understand, do you run in the gym? If that's the case then what is the problem in waiting a while after the food?

Can't you eat more properly at work before leaving allowing the food to be digested?
Today when I got home it was 19:30, had dinner, went to the gym by 20:45. So it's not literally right after, but it might still be the cause. I could wait longer but it's already getting rather late for this.

I do eat at work, but it's not dinner.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Today when I got home it was 19:30, had dinner, went to the gym by 20:45. So it's not literally right after, but it might still be the cause. I could wait longer but it's already getting rather late for this.

Yes later than 20.45 is not a time I would like to run at.

What time do you leave work?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Eat dinner after you go to the gym.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That stomach pain is what happened to me like zillion of times, it's very annoying. I never knew why it happens nor how to cure it. I do know one thing - it made me like cardio a lot less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)