Gym and fitness (20 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
At 18. I commute to Amsterdam.
Oh, if you can eat a decent meal at around 17.30 and arrive at 19.30 home, in half an hour you can run 10 km without feeling a thing.

Since my body is used to exercise before eating, I prefer now eating after running/gym. I usually eat very light half an hour or so before doing anything, an avocado, a banana or some yoghurt with raw nuts.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tried that too but it didn't go well, too famished to exercise well.
When do you take your lunch?

---------- Post added 21.02.2012 at 22:50 ----------

Try drinking a shake before you hit the gym and eat properly after. It will give you strength and you will digest it faster.
Yea, just replace the shake with something non-chemical like fruits or yoghurt.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You boys would faint if you knew how much food I have to go through during work to get through the day (I'm glad Dusan just showed up). The night before I make my "lunch" which is 10 slices of bread. I take my regular lunch around 11, but I have to eat several times during the day otherwise I suffer from headaches or I just feel really hungry.

For some reason this has a lot to do with the stress of commuting, when I'm sitting home all day I don't do this.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You boys would faint if you knew how much food I have to go through during work to get through the day (I'm glad Dusan just showed up). The night before I make my "lunch" which is 10 slices of bread. I take my regular lunch around 11, but I have to eat several times during the day otherwise I suffer from headaches or I just feel really hungry.

For some reason this has a lot to do with the stress of commuting, when I'm sitting home all day I don't do this.
How's your water intake throughout the day?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Do you do your shake yourself or do you mix some powder and water?
I don't use any powder (not even whey protein), nor water. I mix it myself and it tastes great, plus it's great.

---------- Post added 21.02.2012 at 23:02 ----------

Water thing is overrated in my books. I see no point to drink 5l per day or something like that, there's no benefit at all. The only thing that matter is that you're not dehydrated.

When your pee is orange/red just drink 2 cups of water to get hydrated and drink throughout the day a bit and that's it.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Im also thinking about getting creatine or tribulus capsules as well anyone tried these?
Creatine is mildly effective but not completely necessary. Your body does eventually get used to it. Makes me feel sick so I avoid it.

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 02:14 ----------

So lately when I'm jogging I get that pain that you get in your stomach sometimes when exercising. My schedule is tight, I come home late, quick dinner and then I go to the gym, could be from the eating right before exercise but I can't do much about it.

Ideas?
Mainly when you get a stitch its because you've been drinking lots of water directly before running. The only way to get rid of it when it happens is to run through it, take the pain, keep running and it will go away.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't use any powder (not even whey protein), nor water. I mix it myself and it tastes great, plus it's great.

Water thing is overrated in my books. I see no point to drink 5l per day or something like that, there's no benefit at all. The only thing that matter is that you're not dehydrated.

When your pee is orange/red just drink 2 cups of water to get hydrated and drink throughout the day a bit and that's it.
Your entire body (skin, muscles, vital organs, digestive tract) all function better when you're properly hydrated. The recommended daily water intake is much more than 2 cups a day for good reason. Over hydrating by drinking 5L per day (unless you're doing enough exercise in enough heat to warrant it) is of course futile but the water thing is definitely not overrated. 2 - 3 Litres per day is the recommended intake for men.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Those shakes are good. I am against powder.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Mainly when you get a stitch its because you've been drinking lots of water directly before running. The only way to get rid of it when it happens is to run through it, take the pain, keep running and it will go away.

What about those times when you feel like vomitting? Was supposed to join the gym again this morning but did not wake up in time and thankfully so as I only found out later the gym is closed today.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Your entire body (skin, muscles, vital organs, digestive tract) all function better when you're properly hydrated. The recommended daily water intake is much more than 2 cups a day for good reason. Over hydrating by drinking 5L per day (unless you're doing enough exercise in enough heat to warrant it) is of course futile but the water thing is definitely not overrated. 2 - 3 Litres per day is the recommended intake for men.
Oh, I didn't mean 2 cups a day lol. I meant that amount when you're dehydrated and after that just drink whenever you're thirsty. I know all that, but IMO some numbers are just an exaggeration. Plenty of water that you rather drink by force will reflect on your body. At least to me it does, it makes me feel tired and sleepy at some point.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
It's called side stitch and there is no real explanation for it or to why it happens. Many theories say tiredness, strange food habits as in your case or simply psychological. When I used to have it, I used to treat it by ignoring it totally, I usually think of something else or focus on the scenery and the sounds around me. I also heard that if you raise your arms straight up for a small while it might go away but I am not sure, it can be a placebo and placebo is usually strong.
That stomach pain is what happened to me like zillion of times, it's very annoying. I never knew why it happens nor how to cure it. I do know one thing - it made me like cardio a lot less.
The right side of your stomach? I had this problem until my trainer told me it was due to lack of core strength.. He explained it the right side is where the air " comes in". a rather weird explanation but one that gives you the idea of what he means. He then taught me how to breathe correctly ( rather painful experience at first ) using my core and not my chest and increased exercises focusing on my obliques.

I'm not saying that's the problem but I had a similar case and that's how I fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)