Gym and fitness (11 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm with Deneb on this one, Dule you need to stop believe to everything you read/hear/see. You once here posted a link from Vince Del Monte where he recommended bulking and cutting phases, and you supported that. Now you changed your tune for 180% degrees. Having abs is great but dedicating everything to only those muscles is wrong, imagine someone working mostly on his arms or back. My point is that you need to see a bigger picture, getting bigger doesn't necessarily mean getting fat, you will gain some fat here and there and you abs won't be ripped as they used to be, but you will still have abs and better look (If that's your goal). Try to forget pics of all those guys with great abs, most of them are on roids or professionals who dedicated all their life to fitness, something you probably can't.

I almost never work on my abs and they are still visible, my biggest flaw is that I don't run at all. And all of this is coming from a guy who always wanted to get bigger :) Now my goals changed mostly because of BJJ, but I'm still trying to look good muscular.

I wrote you all of this with my best intentions and I hope it can help you a little bit. Also listening to much more experienced guys like Deneb is good, you don't need to accept everything he say to you, but there are some good advices you shouldn't ignore.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Got chicken pox. Had a fever of 40°C for 5 days straight, went to hospital where they told me chicken pox also gave me pneumonia. Had a fever of 41°C the first night in the hospital, I was literally delirious and they told me I almost cranked it(WTF, that's why I went to the hospital). Been there for 8 days hooked up to an IV. Got back home on Monday and I'm bed bound for at least 10 more days. I already lost 5 kg and I'm still going down.

And to make things worse, I have scabs all over my face and I look and feel like shit. And all this happens couple of weeks before I should go on my vacation. Yes, FML.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good to see you back, V. It's really horrible with these sicknesses. I'm glad you made it, your health will recover, I'm sure of it.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
It's like 10kgs? You will have to give your best but it has to take at least 2 years to do that if you're talking about muscles. If you want mass, then it will shorter, but going after mass is going after fat.

Focus on progressive overload weekly and just avoid much sugars, fat and alcohol.

Or you can follow the logic of others here and focus on protein. And fail.

Good luck with that.

You can't eat your way through in order to get muscles.
I was assuming he works out aswell Hleb.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Got chicken pox. Had a fever of 40°C for 5 days straight, went to hospital where they told me chicken pox also gave me pneumonia. Had a fever of 41°C the first night in the hospital, I was literally delirious and they told me I almost cranked it(WTF, that's why I went to the hospital). Been there for 8 days hooked up to an IV. Got back home on Monday and I'm bed bound for at least 10 more days. I already lost 5 kg and I'm still going down.

And to make things worse, I have scabs all over my face and I look and feel like shit. And all this happens couple of weeks before I should go on my vacation. Yes, FML.
Darn V. Getting chicken pox at late age is not the best thing that can happen. Focus on recovery and look ahead for next year. There will be always many vacations coming your way. Hang in there man, and toughen up.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Good to see you back, V. It's really horrible with these sicknesses. I'm glad you made it, your health will recover, I'm sure of it.
Darn V. Getting chicken pox at late age is not the best thing that can happen. Focus on recovery and look ahead for next year. There will be always many vacations coming your way. Hang in there man, and toughen up.
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I always heard chicken pox at a late age are not good, but damn, I thought the reason for saying that was because it itches more when you're older. :D I had no idea it's so messed up. It really breaks down your immune system and not rarely leads to serious complications like pneumonia or even myocarditis.

Apr 15, 2006
Just enquired a nearby gym about the fee structure. About $215 for an annual membership, excluding a trainer. I think it's a bit on the high side. But I'll make a decision later.

Damn V. That sounds terrible. I hope you recovery fast and good.

PS: I guess this rules out you posting your pic in the forum, eh? :D

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I probably was in the same delimma of just getting big and ended up with 21% body fat and my waist size was 36. Mainly fat. The last program I posted here for Keith Gareth (if I still remember) has helped me reduce body fat big time and increase muscle. As a thin guy with high metabolism getting fat shouldn't be on my agenda. Cutting complex carbs in the evening and increasing cardio has shed my fat big time.
Today I just wore my very old jeans (32 waist) and it was a perfect fit. A little tight on the thighs but it will losen up in a day or too.

I guess I will focus on getting muscular (fitness model style - No, not the gay ones :D ) and keep it going.

Apr 15, 2006
I probably was in the same delimma of just getting big and ended up with 21% body fat and my waist size was 36. Mainly fat. The last program I posted here for Keith Gareth (if I still remember) has helped me reduce body fat big time and increase muscle. As a thin guy with high metabolism getting fat shouldn't be on my agenda. Cutting complex carbs in the evening and increasing cardio has shed my fat big time.
Today I just wore my very old jeans (32 waist) and it was a perfect fit. A little tight on the thighs but it will losen up in a day or too.

I guess I will focus on getting muscular (fitness model style - No, not the gay ones :D ) and keep it going.
How long did you take to get this done?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005

Hey look at the bright side, you will be totally ripped, even Dule will envy you :D

On a more serious note, I hope you recover soon and get all the bitches :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

Get well soon man, hope everything is going to good now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)