Gym and fitness (175 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What's that I hear? Could it be day 4 of Martin's 9 day swim-or-die? Why, yes it is.

I made fun of you gym guys (and I'm sure I will again, I love to make fun of stuff :p ), but you inspired me. I'm hardly a fitness freak yet, but I'm building some good habits. In the last 43 days I've been to the pool 18 times. It might have been more if my earliest 9-day streak hadn't been interrupted by a bout of insomnia.

That's right, I record it in a spreadsheet, that's how badass I am :ferocious

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
What's that I hear? Could it be day 4 of Martin's 9 day swim-or-die? Why, yes it is.

I made fun of you gym guys (and I'm sure I will again, I love to make fun of stuff :p ), but you inspired me. I'm hardly a fitness freak yet, but I'm building some good habits. In the last 43 days I've been to the pool 18 times. Yes, I record it in a spreadsheet, that's how badass I am :ferocious
You make fun of people try to attain/maintain a good standard of personal fitness?

JBF.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Recording training is the best thing since sliced bread. One day I'll reveal my secret :D

Swimming eh?

That's the only sport that I keep failing at, once I master it I will do a triathlon.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Recording training is the best thing since sliced bread. One day I'll reveal my secret :D
It's the most incredible thing, because it's true yet noone would believe it :D

Swimming eh?

That's the only sport that I keep failing at, once I master it I will do a triathlon.
Yeah, swimming is good for me. I wasn't in good enough shape to run and I hate the gym. Maybe once I use up my swim pass I'll try running again.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Not all gym-goers are Douchebags :stuckup:
You don't have to be a douche bag to do it. Dusan is a great guy with an awesome looking chest, yet how can I possibly stop myself from making fun of that? :D

BTW, well done on the swimming, 6 weeks target surparsed yes? you can't escape now
I've been too irregular though, I could probably kill it with a 3 month effort, but I need to stick with it. Now I'm just a few days away from Christmas and I won't be doing anything back home. When I come back I have to go at it for real.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's the most incredible thing, because it's true yet noone would believe it :D

Yeah, swimming is good for me. I wasn't in good enough shape to run and I hate the gym. Maybe once I use up my swim pass I'll try running again.
You should run, it only recquires patience. When I started again a few months ago I started 3 to 4 km tracks where I walked almost half the time. The pain was unbearable and the boredom killed me. Only determination and will kept me going and you achieve results really fast once you complete the runs.

Once you do the 5 or 6 km without walking you should take a look at HIIT. Lately I run the 10 km without any problem at all. The last few runs I did where 6 km as they were planned but I always had a lot of energy in my feet and the condition is perfect that I completed the 10 km.

So just be patient and don't worry about the pain. I have another advice, don't listen to music while running, take some stand up comedy with you, you'll enjoy the session much more.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You should run, it only recquires patience. When I started again a few months ago I started 3 to 4 km tracks where I walked almost half the time. The pain was unbearable and the boredom killed me. Only determination and will kept me going and you achieve results really fast once you complete the runs.

Once you do the 5 or 6 km without walking you should take a look at HIIT. Lately I run the 10 km without any problem at all. The last few runs I did where 6 km as they were planned but I always had a lot of energy in my feet and the condition is perfect that I completed the 10 km.

So just be patient and don't worry about the pain. I have another advice, don't listen to music while running, take some stand up comedy with you, you'll enjoy the session much more.
Actually, I've been thinking about trying HIIT quite soon and there's no way in hell I could do even 1km of running :redface: But as I understand it the whole thing is about sprints and I love sprints :D

I have another advice, don't listen to music while running, take some stand up comedy with you, you'll enjoy the session much more.
Why do you say that?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I stopped with my training, I have problem with middle ear it seems and I constatnly have dizziness. And I really made a progress, got up to 85kg's and put some serious muscle.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I stopped with my training, I have problem with middle ear it seems and I constatnly have dizziness. And I really made a progress, got up to 85kg's and put some serious muscle.
What height are you broseph?

Wtf, I'm a douche bag now. :D Wait, I always were.

Make fun all you want, I can touch these bad boys. :D
Do you shave your chest?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks :sergio: Hope I'll have the will to wake up early tomorrow and work out. Its so difficult to get out from out of the blanket in this weather.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Actually, I've been thinking about trying HIIT quite soon and there's no way in hell I could do even 1km of running :redface: But as I understand it the whole thing is about sprints and I love sprints :D

Why do you say that?
Because one tends to get in rythm with the music and thus ending up focusing on the body again. I don't know about you but when I think about my legs and feet while running and often start thinking about pain here and pain there. It's mostly psychological.

While listening to a stand up comedy you can't but concentrate on what the comedian is saying. That way you give the necessary attention to the track and let your body do the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 172)