Gym and fitness (163 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
how so

what time do you go?

- - - Updated - - -

first night I didn't go to the gym since I joined. the mind says yes but the body says it needs a rest
I go around half 7 to half 8. The hardest part if of course waking up earlier, but once you're committed to it it's not that bad.

When I go after work, I'm mentally tired so I sometimes take shortcuts or don't even feel to go at all. In the morning after a cold shower, I'm fresh and full of energy.

Afterward, I'm in a good mood because I had a productive morning and arrive to work feeling mentally sharp.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
How should you feel after in terms of a good workout? Do you have to feel extremely sore and exhausted after or just a bit? Like if you spend 45 mins - 1hr doing weights at what seems like a relatively tough weight for you but you only feel slightly sore after is that still a worthwhile workout?

Maybe my body is just getting more used to it now

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
How should you feel after in terms of a good workout? Do you have to feel extremely sore and exhausted after or just a bit? Like if you spend 45 mins - 1hr doing weights at what seems like a relatively tough weight for you but you only feel slightly sore after is that still a worthwhile workout?

You normally get sore if you haven't worked out for a while or did something new. After a while you don't get as sore as in the beginning. And the soreness normally comes the next day.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Don't worry about soreness. It's not an indicator of a good workout.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
feeling some good progress in strength now. tiny difference aesthetically but definitely lifting heavier and for more reps

been seeing PT once a week for a couple of weeks now, upped calories to about 2.5k-3k

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Anyone ever heard of "pig squats?" It sounds to me like a ridiculously high number of reps to be doing in one day, but anyone else more knowledgeable have any opinions?

For those that don't know, it's basically starting with 20 reps of a low weight (45 pounds or so), then next set 19 reps of a higher weight, etc. I've just recently started hearing of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 156)