Gym and fitness (48 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
squats, sets of 6 reps with a weight you can do for 10 reps, 90 second breaks, keep doing sets untill your 6th rep is your final rep

then lower 10% and continue untill 6th rep is your final rep.

That my friend, is 500x more effective then cardio, and will not nearly break as much muscle.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you can do that 2-4 times per week, as you can quickly adapt to squatting every day when you are not a pussy
Done this today, worked out great.

No point doing higher weight with "poorish" form just to prove that I can do it

- - - Updated - - -

Did the same with my deadlifts :tup:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
suhweet, whats your routine like
This:

I have a question for you exercise gurus. I'm back to exercising again and I've adopted a 4 day rotation.

Day 1: 1km swimming
Day 2: 1km swimming
Day 3: 1km swimming + 2-3h bike road trip
Day 4: rest

Day 5: goto Day 1

The idea is building up to the maximum level of effort on day 3, after which I feel pretty damn tired and taking a day off feels like a good decision.

Does this sound good?

Second question: I want to incorporate one session (per 4 days) on body weight strength training. Where should I put it (which day)?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
that looks really good, hows your nutrition?
Unchanged. Trying to stay away from sugary stuff.

I have basically not exercised for two years, so I'm in awful shape. Been doing this for a week and a half now, started very gingerly. And my shape has improved. Planning to keep it up for the foreseeable future.

I'm considering trying the paleo diet. Any opinions?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Unchanged. Trying to stay away from sugary stuff.

I have basically not exercised for two years, so I'm in awful shape. Been doing this for a week and a half now, started very gingerly. And my shape has improved. Planning to keep it up for the foreseeable future.

I'm considering trying the paleo diet. Any opinions?
you dont need to go to that extreme imo, you should just have a good balanced diet to allow for good recovery if you are going to be working out for 4-5 days a week. So if your diet is good you can incorporate the lift day right after your rest day.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
you dont need to go to that extreme imo, you should just have a good balanced diet to allow for good recovery if you are going to be working out for 4-5 days a week. So if your diet is good you can incorporate the lift day right after your rest day.
Cool, will try that :tup:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
i'll try to get you a diet to consider, are you opposed to protein shakes?
not really

My thing with diets is I don't like feeling hungry, because that makes me susceptible to headaches. Furthermore eating alone isn't enough, it needs to be a certain kind of food. Just bread, fruit, vegetables etc is no good. It needs to have some kind of meat, fish, egg etc. The common denominator seems to be protein or something close to that. I don't know why, but that's how I function well.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
not really

My thing with diets is I don't like feeling hungry, because that makes me susceptible to headaches. Furthermore eating alone isn't enough, it needs to be a certain kind of food. Just bread, fruit, vegetables etc is no good. It needs to have some kind of meat, fish, egg etc. The common denominator seems to be protein or something close to that. I don't know why, but that's how I function well.
diet doesnt mean less, you might need to eat more :p anyhoos i'll send you something in pm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)