Gym and fitness (41 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
This reads like awful advice
Actually it makes sense to my ears. Never fully stressing the muscles but keep doing reps could be good for strenght gains in the long run. Not that I would have the patience to do it tho.

I think I injured my shoulder muscle the other day. When I raise my arm above 90 degrees it starts hurting the back part of my shoulder, just where the tricep ends and the shoulder muscle starts. Doesn't feel like joint pain so I'll just wait 7 days and try to do my programme at 80% or something. Any advice if people have tried this before would be welcome as I've never really injured my upper body before (tore the ligament between my collar bone and shoulder a few years ago, but that was when I fell while being drunk off my ass).

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Actually it makes sense to my ears. Never fully stressing the muscles but keep doing reps could be good for strenght gains in the long run. Not that I would have the patience to do it tho.

I think I injured my shoulder muscle the other day. When I raise my arm above 90 degrees it starts hurting the back part of my shoulder, just where the tricep ends and the shoulder muscle starts. Doesn't feel like joint pain so I'll just wait 7 days and try to do my programme at 80% or something. Any advice if people have tried this before would be welcome as I've never really injured my upper body before (tore the ligament between my collar bone and shoulder a few years ago, but that was when I fell while being drunk off my ass).
Jerk off with your other hand.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You could distribute your bodyweight training in two or three days if you don't want to burn out or have a complete workout. When I first started I was so god damn weak, I couldn't even do a pull up or a chin up, I was so frustrated man but then I read about GTG "Grease the Groove" method. It basically consists on doing the same exercise everyday (pull ups for example) but NEVER TO FAILURE. So if you can do 10 reps of pull ups, you must only do 5 to 8 reps for each set. You can rest every 30 to 60 minutes and do it again but remember never to failure because you'll need energy and strength for the next day.

I started doing 0, after two weeks I could do one (perfect form and full ROM), by the 6th week I could 6-8 pull ups now I don't know because I moved on to more difficult exercises. Good luck mate!
"High frequency training". My Sheiko schedule does this aswel.

Advanced athletes do this usually. Anyone else will mostly injure themselves. Not a fan of suggesting it here.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Gonna push for 80kg squats tomorrow. Making slow but steady progress

- - - Updated - - -

Next week i'm doing nothing but cardio/core. Gotta get trim as possible for Ibiza :cool:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
squats, sets of 6 reps with a weight you can do for 10 reps, 90 second breaks, keep doing sets untill your 6th rep is your final rep

then lower 10% and continue untill 6th rep is your final rep.

That my friend, is 500x more effective then cardio, and will not nearly break as much muscle.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you can do that 2-4 times per week, as you can quickly adapt to squatting every day when you are not a pussy

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Sometimes I go from my lowest weight (highest reps) to highest weight (lowest reps) in decreasing reps.

So I'd start with 50kg x 12
55kg x 10
60kg x 10
65kg x 8
70kg x 6

bad or good? I'm guessing bad judging by your tuition

Is it better then to maintain a 'comfortable weight' (say 60kg) and stick at 10 reps x 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)