Gym and fitness (49 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
My legs are growing like a weed ever since I started going really deep. My form is very good now, I'm glad I took of weights to fix it.
good job :tup:

Sometimes, when form is decreasing as the weight goes up, its a good thing to lower the weight, but to more reps of it so your theoretical one rep max remains the same.

Because of my shoulder injury, my 3rm and 1rm squat form was getting bad, as i bend over far to much, because couldnt quite lock the bar aswel.

as a result, i lowered and performed 5rm's only instead, same theoretical 1rm. my strenght is the same, but form is improving.

and squats are meant to be balls deep, i'm glad you get the immediate result when you do them the way they should :)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ass to the grass is another name for squats.
yup

And dont listen to the never improving idiots who claim going below parallell on squats is bad.
The kneejoint is at its strongest when you go down all the way, and all the torsion comes when you go from descent to ascent, thus making it best to do them deep.

you'll also get an improved ass of it, as a side-effect (for men)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
and squats are meant to be balls deep, i'm glad you get the immediate result when you do them the way they should :)
:tup:

I'm also noticing shoulders getting bigger. Hopefully these gains continue.

Ass to the grass is another name for squats.
ATG. Yeah I heard that, I didn't want to look smart. I just wanted to point out my good form now.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Doing legs will actually improve upper body.

Some find it hard to believe, but it actually makes alot of sense.
To grow, you must create microtrauma, and allow it to recover 2 days per musclegroup.
On the other hand, one trains to trigger hormonal response.

So by doing legs, you are allowing your upper body to recover, but are triggering hormonal response wich will in turn, give enhanced results all over the body.

If you hold the bar correctly, you will also use the shoulders to both carry the weight, and apply pressure to the body, thus using them as a secondary muscle

- - - Updated - - -

I understand, it always feels great when you are in good form.
I think dule mean by form, that he is doing the excercise in the correct way :p

i can be wrong tho

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think dule mean by form, that he is doing the excercise in the correct way :p

i can be wrong tho
I don't really care what you think, there was absolutely no need to point it for me especially that you think I am a depressive man, someone you usually feed upon.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Wel, beeing in a good form, or doing an excercise with the right form, are two diffrent things.

And that second, is critical for the training routine dule is doing, its great he improved it

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Its not an opinion, you were wrong and i tried to correct in a friendly way, before you started acting like this
I replied to Dooz the way I did according to what I understood, I don't need you to correct my interpretations towards ANYTHING. You can help someone else next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)