Gym and fitness (132 Viewers)

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Chances are your glutes and hamstrings aren't strong enough. Where's the knee pain located?
I'd say weak quads/IT band.... Rollers are your best friend for deep stretching the pain away. But pain normally occurs because of weak muscle/imbalance. Can't tell you more if you don't elaborate more. Where abouts is the pain located and when do you feel it?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In the front just below the cap. Pain occurs primarily when my leg lifts.
Basically patella tendon pain? Try stretching and foam rolling your rectus femoris. Warm up properly, do full squats as low as you can go with good form, a couple of single leg squats and make romanian deadlifts your main exercise for now. Did the trick for me.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
In the front just below the cap. Pain occurs primarily when my leg lifts.
Runners knee?

Can you kneel down on your knees and sit back on your butt without pain? If not, I'd say Quad problem.

Try some quad strengthening/ deep stretches like leg lifts and use foam roller to get deep massage on quad/IT band/ inner quad.

Try to do some Deep massage with foam roller on all parts of your quad until pain improves first. Then you must strengthen the quads ( both so you don't get an imbalance ) use leg lifts/single leg squats/medicine ball squats.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'd say weak quads/IT band.... Rollers are your best friend for deep stretching the pain away. But pain normally occurs because of weak muscle/imbalance. Can't tell you more if you don't elaborate more. Where abouts is the pain located and when do you feel it?
Realistically how many people without having undergone surgery present with weak quadriceps musculature? Now compare that to the number of people who are weak in the posterior chain. What does happen often is that the VMO isn't firing properly. Single leg and deep full squats take care of that though.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Realistically how many people without having undergone surgery present with weak quadriceps musculature? Now compare that to the number of people who are weak in the posterior chain. What does happen often is that the VMO isn't firing properly. Single leg and deep full squats take care of that though.
I can't give you a percentage or anything that would statistically satisfy you. He mentioned pain when raising the knee, not extending it, hence my suggestion of a weak quad. Vmo or the " tear drop" or "inner quad" is located in the quad region,no? Muscle imbalance could be culprit.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Basically patella tendon pain? Try stretching and foam rolling your rectus femoris. Warm up properly, do full squats as low as you can go with good form, a couple of single leg squats and make romanian deadlifts your main exercise for now. Did the trick for me.

Runners knee?

Can you kneel down on your knees and sit back on your butt without pain? If not, I'd say Quad problem.

Try some quad strengthening/ deep stretches like leg lifts and use foam roller to get deep massage on quad/IT band/ inner quad.

Try to do some Deep massage with foam roller on all parts of your quad until pain improves first. Then you must strengthen the quads ( both so you don't get an imbalance ) use leg lifts/single leg squats/medicine ball squats.
Just ran 3 miles with no pain after the first half mile or so (practically my warm up). My route is pretty hilly at the beginning and flat for the last mile, I got going pretty well. The pain is in my right knee which is my power leg when I start, so it's quite likely I did something toward the end of the track set (100m) I did a week ago.

I'll definitely add some of the exercises you guy have mentioned into my regular routine. Thanks for the help.:tup:

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Just ran 3 miles with no pain after the first half mile or so (practically my warm up). My route is pretty hilly at the beginning and flat for the last mile, I got going pretty well. The pain is in my right knee which is my power leg when I start, so it's quite likely I did something toward the end of the track set (100m) I did a week ago.

I'll definitely add some of the exercises you guy have mentioned into my regular routine. Thanks for the help.:tup:
The most common problem people over look is the support as well. Are your shoes old? Sole ok? Bad shoe/sole plus a slight pronation over/under could be a culprit too.

If its your power knee, I wouldn't say imbalance. Possibly technique or even muscle exertion.

Rest the knee for a week, it won't kill you.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The most common problem people over look is the support as well. Are your shoes old? Sole ok? Bad shoe/sole plus a slight pronation over/under could be a culprit too.

If its your power knee, I wouldn't say imbalance. Possibly technique or even muscle exertion.
My shoes are 3 months old. It was probably partly technique and partly muscle exertion. But adding more exercises to strengthen will only help.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Why do you run? Cardio,choice, naturally born runner?
I ran track and played footie in junior high and high school and have just kept at it. Granted, I stopped for a few years, then started back about four years ago primarily to lose weight. Then I remembered how much I liked it and it's ingrained into my daily routine. This year I started adding weights little by little, I'm comfortably at 175 - 180 lbs and before I was stuck at 190 lbs. Prior to me starting to run again seriously I was between 210 and 220 lbs.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't give you a percentage or anything that would statistically satisfy you. He mentioned pain when raising the knee, not extending it, hence my suggestion of a weak quad. Vmo or the " tear drop" or "inner quad" is located in the quad region,no? Muscle imbalance could be culprit.
But the rectus femoris, the most common culprit in knee pain because it's often tight, is involved in raising the knee ;).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah, I know. Fortunately enough deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, full squats and single leg full squats generally cure most of them ;).
Well of course and regularly these simply prevent knee problems. Poor knee suffers from what other muscles create.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I was just kidding. I want a toned feminine body. :D Don't want a body like that on me...well I mean...umm...:oops: Oh screw it. *hides face*

---------- Post added 20.06.2012 at 18:53 ----------

Looking good btw D!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)