Gym and fitness (44 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What about Upright Row? To which day should I add it?

And about abs, I suppose I do those power 15 mins after I do my regular workout?
That's a very good exercise but it's for shoulders and traps. Add it to first or second day... it works your back shoulder, will prevent injuries and give you mass.

It doesn't matter. I'd suggest doing it before, because if you do those exercises above you will be tired as hell, especially after legs. I can't do it after personally as I often feel sick.

Have in mind that your rest between reps shouldn't go above 2 minutes (when you hit legs rest for 3-4mins). When it comes to abs take 1 min rest in between reps.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That's a very good exercise but it's for shoulders and traps. Add it to first or second day... it works your back shoulder, will prevent injuries and give you mass.

It doesn't matter. I'd suggest doing it before, because if you do those exercises above you will be tired as hell, especially after legs. I can't do it after personally as I often feel sick.

Have in mind that your rest between reps shouldn't go above 2 minutes (when you hit legs rest for 3-4mins). When it comes to abs take 1 min rest in between reps.
Cool thanks, I will post how this goes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If you never worked out before you'll see great results within the first 3-4 months, later on it will go slower. But if you wanna look great then you gotta stay motivated and lift weights for years. That bullshit transformation videos that you see on youtube are all lies, so don't even look at that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If you never worked out before you'll see great results within the first 3-4 months, later on it will go slower. But if you wanna look great then you gotta stay motivated and lift weights for years. That bullshit transformation videos that you see on youtube are all lies, so don't even look at that.
vids like that lead do "so yeah i would like to build a nice chest, but not to big"

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Eating late has nothing to do with. You gain weight when you take a certain amount of calories. So if you didn't anything for the whole day then you will not gain any weight if you eat late at night, because you're still at caloric deficit and that's the problem... people eat a lot during the day and they, let's say, eat 1500 calories, while they need just as much to stay on their regular weight. So when they take an extra meal late at night, what happens is that they make a surplus of calories and eat 1800-1900 calories instead, so then and only then you gain that extra fat.

Bread? Yes, eat much less bread, that thing is a killer. One bread is like 2400 calories, which is way way too much while at the same time it has no nutritional benefits whatsoever. Cut down on bread and cut down on fats (especially if you're a mayo lover) that you're taking and that is very important. Considering that you don't have many activities that burn you fat, you should really pay attention on what you eat. There's also another way to lose weight fast, you eat everything like you used to till now, but eat half of that portion.
i went with the half thing combined with less bread..i eat like a bread per 5,6 days. eating twice a day because i'm used to wake up late except the day i work. i'm at 84...and i'm not stopping. bread is indeed the devils toy

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
blʘndu;3630938 said:
i went with the half thing combined with less bread..i eat like a bread per 5,6 days. eating twice a day because i'm used to wake up late except the day i work. i'm at 84...and i'm not stopping. bread is indeed the devils toy
3kg so far? I think that's a nice result.

If there's any food you should avoid now it's your fat intakes, so watch out for those.

Btw, IIRC you love Pepsi. That shit ain't cool if you're on a diet. Even diet Cola destroys your cells and asks for more carbs, so it will get you fat eventually.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i switched to tymbark..something more natural, without fizz in it and a lot of water. and summer is getting started so tomatoes, cucumber and things like this will be on a daily menu :)

and thanks a lot for the advices :)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I've been going to the gym for 2 months now and the results are awesome. I only do weights and i eat a lot and it has started to show really nicely..... I used to go to the gym before, but never as serious as this. I workout like crazy now (100% naturally).

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
im getting pretty happy with my build, i just wish i could build my chest at a better clip,its my weak spot
If you want to shape your chest better, i have a suggestion that worked for me pretty good when i was still working on shape rather then power

monday :

bench press 4/5 sets of 12 reps (with a bar)
incline press 4 sets of 12 reps (with dumbell)
fly's 3 sets of 12/15 reps, but do them with dumbell and not with a machine
overheads 3 sets of 12 (with dumbel, the weight isnt important at all, just make sure the excercise is right and the movement is complete)

thursday or fryday

bench press 12-10-8-6(bar, last set is max)
incline press 12-10-8-6 (dumbell, last set for max)
chest dips as much as you can, and make sure they are deep enough

on other or the same training, make sure you do good skullcrushers for triceps, and military or dumbell shoulder press

better chest, requires a higher bench press, to achieve that, you need to upgrade your core (tricep, back, bicep, shoulder)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
If you want to shape your chest better, i have a suggestion that worked for me pretty good when i was still working on shape rather then power

monday :

overheads 3 sets of 12 (with dumbel, the weight isnt important at all, just make sure the excercise is right and the movement is complete)

thursday or fryday

on other or the same training, make sure you do good skullcrushers for triceps, and military or dumbell shoulder press

better chest, requires a higher bench press, to achieve that, you need to upgrade your core (tricep, back, bicep, shoulder)
gonna give this a whirl thanks!

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Just got done with my intermittent fasting... Eating only 800 calories a day and lifting weight three times a week I lost 5kg in one goddamn week!

I'll stop now of course but I'm surprised I only lost water and fat, but not a gram of muscle.

---------- Post added 21.05.2012 at 19:26 ----------

monday :

thursday or fryday

Indeed, you'll look like a model with these exercises.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Amigo, I've been thinking about doing this workout http://www.abercrombieworkout.com/

Could you check it out and give me your opinion?
Most of the models are on juice and I don't think you should even look at those pictures because it's hard for any average guy out there to reach such. There's also a lot of tan and photoshop into it.

But I know what you want, some lean ass body. You should pay a looot more attention on your diet than on your exercises for such. I have no idea how you look but you should just lose all the weight until you get a flat stomach. Later on you should put some weights and do compound movements. You should do only that for at least one year so you can build some muscle and get some decent shape, after that you should be adding cardio and isolation movements to get those muscle fibers and some nice definition. You can be ripped and look rather nice, but you're gonna look veeery slim (especially your legs), so because of that you should gain some muscle first with compound movements. You should be aware that it's a journey and such form/look takes years to reach.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I meant to say if he has to lose weight he has to take care about the food he eats. Don't teach me about that, you were all food while I always had abs when I ate everything I found in my fridge :p But there's a huge difference between a flat stomach and a six pack. Road is much harder to follow and it does needs more attention on nutrition.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I meant to say if he has to lose weight he has to take care about the food he eats. Don't teach me about that, you were all food while I always had abs when I ate everything I found in my fridge :p But there's a huge difference between a flat stomach and a six pack. Road is much harder to follow and it does needs more attention on nutrition.
Have to totally agree with this

flat stomache, is easy, if you have a fast metabolism, or when you use T3 for extended peroids (dangerous tho)

getting abs on it, requires to keep a GOOD diet, that has just enough carbs and fat, whilst training very hard on ab excercises

not the faggotry you see on tv shows, i'm talking about weighted leg raises, weighted decline situps, and leg excersices that push the legs vertically in the air very high, for a high number of reps

but since you dont overdo on carbs, this is actually pretty intensive since you will get tired

getting a true muscular 6pack, is perhaps the most difficult thing to do for the non professional body athlete

i know i will never get one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)