Gym and fitness (64 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Used too work out monday-thursday but stopped for like a month now looking to get back in. and my cardio basically is 2-3 miles on a treadmill , I can bike too but that shits boring
imo you dont need to do anything fancy just get back to working out and do your thing, if you were older i d say go for the high rep and diet, but i think you should be ok just hitting the gym regularly

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
imo you dont need to do anything fancy just get back to working out and do your thing, if you were older i d say go for the high rep and diet, but i think you should be ok just hitting the gym regularly
Coolio, I still wanna do high reps not trying to get any stronger than I am

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
once again you're defining bulking wrong, and you re bringing in the wrong case studies, if a person is genetically gifted they obviously dont need to overeat(whether its just protein or anything else), however if we re talking about a skinny guy who is having trouble increasing muscle mass then he needs to overeat because as you mentioned it allows you to work out harder(faster results) and counter other metabolic deficiencies. I have posted many times what i do during my bulking phase and it doesnt involve fried chicken and gravy. But it is forcing myself to eat more than my appetite calls for. My facts are every single guy i work out with(plus me) and these guys push serious weights and are not fat at all. Oggy said it best, you just cant get super huge lift like a monster and be super lean it just doesnt work, unless you're getting 'help'. And please i dont need any of your athletic references i have been working out for a while and talked and worked out with a lot of people, like i said when you follow your 'simple' diet and start pushing some serious numbers i ll give your words some 'weight', until then it's just hot air.
That's pretty much saying that bulking is about eating beyond your appetite demands. Your appetite is not directly related to your body's needs. There are severely obese people who eat more than their body needs them to but their appetite still isn't fulfilled. Bulking is not about eating beyond your appetite its eating beyond what your demands. Someone might eat 'mass' amounts of carbs and protein but as long as the body demands those quantities it isn't bulking. Bulking is a myth created that says if you eat a surplus amount of carbohydrates, fats, sugars and protein then you will benefit in the long term in the form increased muscle growth capacity.
You can't be super huge and lift like a monster and be super lean? :howler: Ronnie Coleman leg presses over 2000 pounds, can bench press over 400 pounds and has 4% body fat. If Oggy said it 'best' then where is his evidence? Anyone can confidently make a random statement but without evidence its a load of horse shit.

You have been in the gym for a while? You worked with a lot of people? Ok bro I've been in the gym since I was 15 years old and have been taught by some of the leading experts on nutrition in Australia. Sure, I guess its ME who is blowing all the hot air.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
For all of you workout freaks how can I get toned out? not stronger but tone
If you go to a gym ask someone to right you up a generic muscle building regime. I know you don't want mass so keep your rep limit around about 12-15 reps no higher IMO. Google 'interval training'.. that will get you ripped but you need to do both cardio and weight training on a regular basis. For example I'm planning get a little smaller but keep muscle definition so I'll be doing weight training 4 days a week and cardio 2-3 days a week. Cut down your carbohydrate and eat complex carbs for breakfast and lunch. Eat plenty of lean protein like chicken and fish. Get a whey protein powder with low or no sugar or carbohydrates and drink it directly after workouts. Don't rely on your protein powder though as a meal replacement.

Do those things and you will get ripped without being too big.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:lol: ronnie coleman?? dude it really ends here.
Ronnie Coleman is arguably one of the greatest body builders of all time. Look at ANY professional body builder and the same will be true - extremely low body fat and still making mass gains in strength and size. Have the people you work out with at the gym won 8 straight Mr. Olympia titles? The facts in the case of Ronnie Coleman are clear - 4% fat, 2000 pound leg press. So why is that you can't push big weight or make mass gains and be lean like Oggy says 'best' when so many people are? Have you won 8 straight Mr. Olympia titles? I think people like Ronnie Coleman make for better case studies than you and your pleb gym buddies dude.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
yes biggest juice head and genetically blessed i am sure hes a great reference for any skinny guy trying to get bigger, i dont even know why i am wasting time with you, i mean you think benching 90 kees is a big deal :sergio: for the last time when you push some serious weight we'll talk

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
yes biggest juice head and genetically blessed i am sure hes a great reference for any skinny guy trying to get bigger, i dont even know why i am wasting time with you, i mean you think benching 90 kees is a big deal :sergio: for the last time when you push some serious weight we'll talk
Why should I have any desire to push over 90kgs. I was bench pressing 135 kilo's max by the time I was 19 years old. Its not like I don't understand the process or haven't undergone it myself but I don't want to be a meat ball all of the time. Do you think I would have been a state rower if I weighed 115kgs at 5ft 9? Genetically I'm very skinny and don't put on weight easily but I listened to the experts, I studied the facts and ate and exercised accordingly. I didn't listen to phony losers who have been using the same flawed diet and exercise regimes for the past 10 years in my gym. Pushing more weight than me doesn't make you a better authority on diet and exercise. I hope people listen to the facts and the evidence, not the unfounded lies you're telling on this thread. Its dangerous when phony amateurs are giving out false advice with no real knowledge of nutrition or the human body to support their false claims.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I didn't want to sound like smartass but bringing Coleman into discussion is plain silly. The guy is obviously on steroids like every pro bodybuilder and it's silly to compare him to any regular guy. Also Coleman is not always at 4% of body fat, it would be almost impossible to stay at that level for whole year IMO. Those % are probably before competitions he takes.

I have a friend who turned pro, he was huge but fatty, now he is lean as hell, he's on roids too. Roids are great for pro's, they help you burn fat and build muscle, however I don't support guys taking them just to get bigger with no real goals. In other words, only pro's should take them at some level.

Also to make myself clear, I've never said I'm pro bulking or anti bulking guy, what I tried to say is that Dule's logic have some faults, or simply I don't agree with him on many things. My point is that gaining some fat while you're gaining muscles is not that bad, like Dule presents, and I'm 100% sure that you can gain more than 2kg's of lean muscle per year.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
My point is that gaining some fat while you're gaining muscles is not that bad
I was saying how it's fat and not a lean muscle alone. Not bad? It's not bad if you want to look bigger, it is bad if you want to get leaner.

sure that you can gain more than 2kg's of lean muscle per year.
You can. Dunno if I said it's 2kg, but it's more like 4kg that's optimal. 2kg would maybe do it if you're skipping legs.

But yes, optimal lean muscle gained per year is around 4kg IIRC.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I was saying how it's fat and not a lean muscle alone. Not bad? It's not bad if you want to look bigger, it is bad if you want to get leaner.
Yeah, but it's hard to determine did you gain only muscles, or muscles and fat. Also it's almost impossible to gain muscles and get ripped at the same time, those two are opposite of each other. That's why I mentioned roids, because they can help you to do that. Another thing is if you weigh 70-75kg's and 1.80cm tall, you're already lean, and it pointless to be leaner IMO. You will look like skinny muscular guy (žilavko da me bolje raumiješ :D) However it's a matter of taste.

You can. Dunno if I said it's 2kg, but it's more like 4kg that's optimal. 2kg would maybe do it if you're skipping legs.

But yes, optimal lean muscle gained per year is around 4kg IIRC.
I said two because I saw you posted that before, however I think you can gain more. It depends on many things, also depends where did you read it. What I mean is that you can bring 100 sources and all of them will tell you different, should you/I believe them? I don't know. What I know is that I will take those information with pinch of salt and not blindly believe in them.

Try different things and see what works best for you, and don't believe everything you read.

This is a little bit off-topic but the best work-out plan I did is OVT from Christian Thibadeau, google it and I'm 100% sure you're gonna like it :D I think it's everything you are looking for, be ripped and muscular :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)