Gonzalo Higuaín (29 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
That is not so bad of a miss as you are making it to be.
It is man , it costed us qualification.

Mandzukic would score it , CR7 had 11 assists on his 1st season, mainly because he wad tall CF who could score headers.

We need someone who can score headers,that's why I wouldn't mind Milik .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2003
That is not so bad of a miss as you are making it to be.
Yes, Sterling was worse.

In the whole it was Gonzalo's whole match, he contributed nothing else.
For me there is no excuse, this had to be a goal and it would have been if we played against Perugia and lead them 3-0. In this kind of situations without pressure he is banging goals but in crucial important match he is not there. This is useless man, he should just go back to River Plate. I don't have the nerves for him anymore.

Jun 7, 2003
That is not a question of reaction but anticipation, you know there comes a cross if the defender doesn't clear it, you know it will reach you. It seems for me he was surprised that the ball came to him, and headed it like Mr Bean. A free header from 7 meter from a good cross has to be at least on target.

Jun 6, 2015
I am not defending him, he had a terrible game. I am just saying that miss wasnt that bad. Not a great reaction of course, but it wasnt an easy chance as you are saying.
xG gives Higgy's chance a scoring probability of 34%, Bonucci's chance a scoring probability of 34% and Ronaldo's chance a scoring probability of 31%. They all had decent chances to score, but predictably Higgy takes the heat. Some people simply can't look past Higgy's reputation and will always highlight his misses over the misses of others. Also the word "sitter" is used much too lightly by some. None of those chances were sitters.

https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/champions-league/juventus-vs-lyon-2020-08-07/43356

Jun 7, 2003
xG gives Higgy's chance a scoring probability of 34%, Bonucci's chance a scoring probability of 34% and Ronaldo's chance a scoring probability of 31%. They all had decent chances to score, but predictably Higgy takes the heat. Some people simply can't look past Higgy's reputation and will always highlight his misses over the misses of others. Also the word "sitter" is used much too lightly by some. None of those chances were sitters.

https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/champions-league/juventus-vs-lyon-2020-08-07/43356
No, Ronaldo's is 8% and this is just untrue. Football is not science, and this scoring probability are fantasy. Also Ronaldo's must be a goal in my view.

Whatever, everyone has a right of opinion and my opinion is i'm really uncomfortable to see Higgy in big matches.

Jun 6, 2015
No, Ronaldo's is 8% and this is just untrue. Football is not science, and this scoring probability are fantasy. Also Ronaldo's must be a goal in my view.

Whatever, everyone has a right of opinion and my opinion is i'm really uncomfortable to see Higgy in big matches.
You are looking at the wrong chance. Ronaldo had one with a scoring probability of 31%. He also scored one with a scoring probability of 3% though.

xG is a decent metric to determine the quality of the chance. To my knowledge it's based on historical data (number of goals scored from x number of scoring attempts from a similar position) and it certainly beats the average footie fans opinion in accuracy. So no it's not fantasy.

Jun 7, 2003
You are looking at the wrong chance. Ronaldo had one with a scoring probability of 31%. He also scored one with a scoring probability of 3% though.

xG is a decent metric to determine the quality of the chance. To my knowledge it's based on historical data (number of goals scored from x number of scoring attempts from a similar position) and it certainly beats the average footie fans opinion in accuracy. So no it's not fantasy.
No, i'm looking at the right one on the 75' minute. It is a free header from corner and 8% is fantasy. it's exact the same position a Higgy.

Both have to be goals in my opinion and i don't care about this probability metric. Also Bonucci and Berna have to score, doesn't interest me this kind of excuses.

Jun 6, 2015
No, i'm looking at the right one on the 75' minute. It is a free header from corner and 8% is fantasy. it's exact the same position a Higgy.

Both have to be goals in my opinion and i don't care about this probability metric. Also Bonucci and Berna have to score, doesn't interest me this kind of excuses.
It's not a perfect metric by any means but it's a useful tool to gauge the quality of the chance. I think the reason that specific Ronaldo chance is only given a scoring probability of 8% is because of the positions of the opposing players. Opposing players between the player trying to score and the goal will lower the probability of scoring (chance of the ball hitting the opposing player instead of going into the net).

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Of course he wants to stay. They gave him the contract, why would he walk away from 7.5m in guaranteed money. We should blame this idiotic management for not being able to offload him earlier.

Higuain is a prime example of an athlete reaching the top and not giving a F after that. They spent 94m on a guy and didn't even analyze the guy's professionalism:sergio: Didn't even care to show up in shape his first pre-season, why would he care in year 4 or 5. I don't buy the argument that we "weakened our opposition", he would've faded quickly in Napoli too.

Anyways I don't blame Khedira, Higuain or any of them. Too many people are directing their anger on the players when the club is at fault. None of us would walk away from those numbers.

Jun 7, 2003
It's not a perfect metric by any means but it's a useful tool to gauge the quality of the chance. I think the reason that specific Ronaldo chance is only given a scoring probability of 8% is because of the positions of the opposing players. Opposing players between the player trying to score and the goal will lower the probability of scoring (chance of the ball hitting the opposing player instead of going into the net).
It is for sure a nice feature from this website, which i probably will use in the future. So thank you for the Link!
But from an emotional point of view and also considering how much the players earn, these are chances where i expect a goal. I assesed the chances purely emotional during the game as a fan

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Anyways I don't blame Khedira, Higuain or any of them. Too many people are directing their anger on the players when the club is at fault. None of us would walk away from those numbers.
Matuidi gave up a year of wages to go to MLS once he learned he wasn't part of the coach's plan. Very respectable and respectful towards the club.

Now Khedira and Higuain are of course within their rights of staying and milking. But their goes their dignity. Its understandable to want those wages but the club directly tell them they're not part of the plans and it wants to force them out. I don't know about you, but if your company want you out and you milk then while you could just go elsewhere, it just lacks dignity. They know they're not part of the plans and they want to hold the club hostage, not giving a shit about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)