Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (4 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well, I didn't want to reach "Raz" level.

As far as the market opportunities for a big name striker. The only way this could happen is if a really big domino falls first. Which goes back to my theory that it won't happen, because the big clubs already have their goal scoring threats securely locked down. If Griezmann's clause somehow gets activated,and he agrees to leave Atletico, then sure, then you can see a whirlwind of activity. But I don't see the usual suspects activating that clause, simply because those clubs don't need him right now.
We waited this long we could have waited a little longer, anyway the die is cast forza pipita forza juve

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We waited this long we could have waited a little longer, anyway the die is cast forza pipita forza juve
True, but then you are waiting on others, and I don't think we wanted to fall into that. Get the core of the new players in here as fast as possible.

Now, conversely, IF that first domino had already fallen, and there were better financial opportunities for us to get a top striker, and we STILL decided to pay the release clause for Higuain, I would have been quite peeved.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
We would have won the Scudetto if this team were the exact same team as last year as well.

These moves are not about the Scudetto. Taking Pjanic away from Roma and Higuain from Napoli basically crushed their chances of even competing with us in Italy. I don't think this board is even thinking about Italy right now. Way beyond that.

How is a 28 year old goal scoring machine worth only 45 million in today's market? I'm curious as to how that is possible. Then what is Cavani worth? 35? But yet people preferred to get him at 60 million
Higuain will definitely increase our CL chances but what i'm saying is that in my opinion he's not the player to really take us to a level we would be unable to achieve without him.

I'd be very happy with a 60m Higuain btw.

I think this deal was made from a marketing perspective. We're back on top, have a few great seasons in Italy under our belt and now want to show the world we're a huge club. If we do well in Europe next season this move will boost our brand.
But paying insane amounts of money on players who are clearly not worth as much is what Man City is doing and they are still irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, i think that tomorrow or the day after we will know if Pogba was related on all this.

Btw..im curious to see what kind of presentation we will do for him.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
You really do have serious issues towards women.
Aaaaw cute, you're still obsessed with me. Don't worry, you won't be the last and you're not the first. But I would suggest getting another hobby. I don't need some fat Irish middle aged man fanboying me 24/7 because he's got nothing better to do, what with being an unemployed social reject and all.

francesco0924

Jul 12, 2016
True, but then you are waiting on others, and I don't think we wanted to fall into that. Get the core of the new players in here as fast as possible.

Now, conversely, IF that first domino had already fallen, and there were better financial opportunities for us to get a top striker, and we STILL decided to pay the release clause for Higuain, I would have been quite peeved.
all is done. we must only wait a bit and then we can enjoy with our new top player.
Meantime, Marotta and Paratici are in head office; it is a good sign. isn't it true?

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici are at Juventus headquarters, potentially indicating developments with Paul Pogba and Gonzalo Higuain.

The Bianconeri are believed to be on the verge of securing Higuain from Napoli for a Serie A record fee of €90m, while Pogba could join Manchester United.

According to Sky, general manager Marotta and sporting director Paratici are both at the club’s headquarters on Corso Galileo Ferraris in Turin.

This could indicate that updates are coming on one or both of the potential moves, possibly as early as this evening.

In anticipation, several Juve fans have turned up at Higuain’s rumoured Turin residence to see if Pipita is inside.

waschbeer

Aug 12, 2002
:lol: if it were real, the picture alone would be worth 90mil.

But seriously I don't get the hype about Higuain, never liked the player(imo overrated) and person(his comments about juve :sergio:). tbh I didn't see him that often (napoli-juve, few argentina and real-CL games) but he never struck me as this monster player like you lot claim... hope I'm wrong and he really is this WC Striker we all want since Trezeguet.

question: If someone told you two months ago that we would sell pogba for 120mil and buy higuain for 90mil this summer, how would you react?

Honestly I could have imagined selling pogba for world record fee (also because of our stupid dogma: "Our best players will not be sold unless they ask to leave the club themselves":beppe:) but paying an insanely high release clause for an almost 29 year old non-italian player from napoli who dissed juve - Never ever, would have bet everything I got #fiuu

Don't get me wrong I was really happy when we payed the rc for pjanic and thought alright, alright, alright Marottas penny chipping days are over and we finally act like the big boys (financially), but Higuain for 90 is crazy and only makes sense if Marotta has a time machine and saw him scoring the winning goal for juve in the CL final 2017.

As long as this deal isn't official, I still have hope it's a master troll move: the deal is canceled by juve last minute, higuain will be sold outside of italy for cheap because his life is in danger in naples.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri spoke negatively of Juve before coming too.

- - - Updated - - -
@Mark
@Alex-444 (aka Internet Ninja)

Any live streams of anything at HQ? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici are at Juventus headquarters, potentially indicating developments with Paul Pogba and Gonzalo Higuain.

The Bianconeri are believed to be on the verge of securing Higuain from Napoli for a Serie A record fee of €90m, while Pogba could join Manchester United.

According to Sky, general manager Marotta and sporting director Paratici are both at the club’s headquarters on Corso Galileo Ferraris in Turin.

This could indicate that updates are coming on one or both of the potential moves, possibly as early as this evening.

In anticipation, several Juve fans have turned up at Higuain’s rumoured Turin residence to see if Pipita is inside.
marotta-hiding490epa_17.jpg

The man behind the curtains. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)