Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (14 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
:tup:

The price tag is the disturbing part for everyone I think.

As I said though, a CL win is the pathway for me to view this move as a success. Anything less and at best this deal is just alright. (IE. CL semi's for next 3 years, Higgy scoring 25-30 per season, 3 scudetti)

As long as the second bit happens we cement ourselves as a top club in Europe again. But not yet the very best. A CL win is so necessary for that. I will not judge this transfer as a fail or success until at least the end of next season, and again at the end of 2 years.

Anyways. Worries are certainly justified. But melting down over getting a world class striker is silly. There's a middle ground. You and X are giving the perfect response. Measured anxiety over the price. :p
Do you think he's the key to CL succes? I don't, but I hope he can elevate to the next level here.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Do you think he's the key to CL succes? I don't, but I hope he can elevate to the next level here.
He can potentially be.

If the stars align and he shakes off his chokiness, while getting confidence of having a whole stacked team working for him....maybe he can finally unleash his full capacity.

The talent is there....and we have done magic with way less prolific forwards. I dont see how someone as good as him cannot work for us in europe.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nothing to add? Good man. I'm helping you out with some contradictions that have to be sorted.

Besides if he stays this year, we won't lose him on a bosman either way.
There is no similarity between buying Higuain for the remainder of his prime years, and that deal not being about resale value... and forcing Pogba to stay for the remainder of his contract and losing a 26 year old Pogba on a bosman.

Obviously what I said about Igor was hyperbole. But play your funny games, m'dear boy.

And yes I think we should keep Pogba for 1 more year, unless ManU offers an absolutely absurd amount, and we have proper replacements lined up. I also think Pogba would sign a contract extension for somewhere in the range of the 7.5 we are supposed to be paying Higuain and remain here for 1-2 more years. What I do not know is whether our management would do this if they can get 120+ mil for him.

As I've said many times, I'll be disappointed to lose him...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
He can potentially be.

If the stars align and he shakes off his chokiness, while getting confidence of having a whole stacked team working for him....maybe he can finally unleash his full capacity.

The talent is there....and we have done magic with way less prolific forwards. I dont see how someone as good as him cannot work for us in europe.
He hasn't played CL every year. When he played, he didn't seem like a world class player. I think he's a really good player and nothing more. I could understand the deal, if we paid €60 mill.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree with you. I'm worried about this deal and the money involved and Higuain's CL history... But... I'm hoping the same thing, that he can sort out his big game demons and help turn us back into a regular fixture in the CL final 4 again.

I'm excited to have him, anxious about the price. Anyways, I'll be cheering for him like a madman to build on his last season.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I agree with you. I'm worried about this deal and the money involved and Higuain's CL history... But... I'm hoping the same thing, that he can sort out his big game demons and help turn us back into a regular fixture in the CL final 4 again.

I'm excited to have him, anxious about the price. Anyways, I'll be cheering for him like a madman to build on his last season.
But hey, it's better than back in days, where people went full retard because we paid 18 mill. for a player :lol:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He hasn't played CL every year. When he played, he didn't seem like a world class player. I think he's a really good player and nothing more. I could understand the deal, if we paid €60 mill.
But his goal quota is obsene. theres no way we cant make someone like him work well in our team. We need to take in account his abilities as a macro and the record he just shattered, he is a beast. I would price him at 70 max... but obvs we are paying his clause so that makes his price moronic to be honest. But oh well, he seems he is the final piece in allegri´s puzzle and the board wanted to repay him after losing pogs.

That gives me confidence.

But hey, it's better than back in days, where people went full retard because we paid 18 mill. for a player :lol:
Not so long ago we relied on the iaquinta´s matri´s and Borrielo´s. We have improved me thinks.

OP
Alex-444

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4,353
    Juve will make one last attempt to insert Zaza, Pereyra, Rugani or Sturaro in a deal for Higuain. If Napoli say no, Juve will pay 90m [Sky]

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Dude, you're aware that Chelsea paid 45m for Batshuayi from OM that was close to relegation zone last season and Liverpool paid 45mln for Benteke one year before who was playing for Aston Villa at that time. And now you claim Higuain is worth the same.
    Yes I'm aware but I never said he was worth the same. EPL teams always over pay and them players are also much younger. Higuain is a better player than those 2 combined but Benteke and Batshauayi are only worth about 20 and 25m imo.

By your logic also we can take into consideration how little we sold Vidal and Coman for, how much we paid for Tevez etc. There are plenty of great players who went for reasonable fees too.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    He can potentially be.

But his goal quota is obsene. theres no way we cant make someone like him work well in our team. We need to take in account his abilities as a macro and the record he just shattered, he is a beast. I would price him at 70 max... but obvs we are paying his clause so that makes his price moronic to be honest. But oh well, he seems he is the final piece in allegri´s puzzle and the board wanted to repay him after losing pogs.

That gives me confidence.

Not so long ago we relied on the iaquinta´s matri´s and Borrielo´s. We have improved me thinks.
    I'm not saying he can't work in this team. I just don't think he's good enough for us not to try something else (the price in mind).

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    For that something else we would have kept waiting for another year. I think the board decided this was the year and pumping hour whole team was the mission. if we sold Pogba but kept the forward line as they are,.. the job would have been incomplete.

I think he was the only dude available. Maybe morata could have been available , but we would need like 70 mils for that.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
    If we are consistently getting to the latter stages of the CL and Higuain plays an important role in that then this transfer will be a success. If we stay where we are now by just getting last 16 and quarter finals then it will not have been an improvement and probably not money well spent.

However there comes a time where you have to take risks to get success so hopefully this is the start of a very successful period for us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)