Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (4 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So heres a thought, do you think a player like Aubemeyang/Lacazette/Icardi would have been a good alternative? Basically what im really trying to get at is that did we really need to make a massive signing (monetrary-wise) or could we have just settled with someone who can just finish well but significantly cheaper, thus giving us a good budget next year. Surely there would have been alternatives.
After all the players that Dortmund sold this summer, do you think they would let Aubemeyang go?

Lacazette, I really don't know that much about to be honest

And we already tried for Icardi, and Inter said no. Personally, despite that fact that he is the lowest form of barrell scraping scum you can find (And I have to :lol: at Maxi Lopez for not smashing this kid's face in with a tire iron ), I would have taken Icardi 10 times out of 10.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ok. Like I said, the price is stupid. Never disputed that.

Let's be hypothetical for a moment. We sell Pogba for 120 million. No Higuain. Morata is already gone. Who would you get for the CF position that is attainable, and who would you get for the midfield?
I would bring in a young talent with pace for CF, for midfield i answered that question about a dozen times by now, also Mercato is not over movement will create opportunities

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
After all the players that Dortmund sold this summer, do you think they would let Aubemeyang go?

And we already tried for Icardi, and Inter said no. Personally, despite that fact that he is the lowest form of barrell scraping scum you can find (And I have to :lol: at Maxi Lopez for not smashing this kid's face in with a tire iron ), I would have taken Icardi 10 times out of 10.
Maybe it's just me, but it almost seems as if we're at an all time low talentwise. So few interesting players around really.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I would bring in a young talent with pace for CF, for midfield i answered that question about a dozen times by now, also Mercato is not over movement will create opportunities
I'm sorry. I didn't know that you had answered that. I didn't mean to aggravate you

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I like how this brings the Marotta haters togheter.

After beeing wrecked year after year, finally something to complain about :)

I'm happy for you guys.
Im not a marotta hater but i like to give him some flack for his stupid business sometimes.

but this time im giving him the benefit of doubt because this move at first sight is very reckless but we are getting a hell of a player, but also we are losing Pogba because THIS time, we simply cant match what he is being offered, unlike vidal.

Ill wait and see how we get up from losing him and then judge. But so far the mercato has been going very good

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Maybe it's just me, but it almost seems as if we're at an all time low talentwise. So few interesting players around really.
I don't know if that is the case, or just the obvious notion that pure goal scoring talents are harder to come by, and when you have one, you don't let it go

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
No,
the only other good options would have been Suarez,Lewa,Cavani - all not available.Higuain had a clause.it's that simple.
Yes but at the start of the mercato we never talked about bringing in a WC striker at that level, no-one in their right frame of mind would have thought that. Its obviously an opportunity we have taken because we may feel the need to but what im asking is, going for the strikers I named or others, wouldnt you have considered them before news broke out. To me, it seems like everyone is talking like Higuain was and is our only option. We didnt turn into a 90m for a player club overnight, actually sorry thats exactly what i meant, we just have. From here onwards our mercato discussion would be all different.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Yes but at the start of the mercato we never talked about bringing in a WC striker at that level, no-one in their right frame of mind would have thought that. Its obviously an opportunity we have taken because we may feel the need to but what im asking is, going for the strikers I named or others, wouldnt you have considered them before news broke out. To me, it seems like everyone is talking like Higuain was and is our only option. We didnt turn into a 90m for a player club overnight, actually sorry thats exactly what i meant, we just have. From here onwards our mercato discussion would be all different.
I think alot of us thought we'd have a chance at keeping Morata.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We have won the scudetto at ease without Higuain though. I hope you're right and I really like the player, but i just don't see him to be the difference between what we can achieve without him and what we want to achieve (being a serious CL contender/a regular semi-finalist in the next few years), so the price tag to me is unjustifiable, and for Higuain of all people to carry such a heavy price tag is a little disturbing. I sure hope i'm wrong.
:tup:

The price tag is the disturbing part for everyone I think.

As I said though, a CL win is the pathway for me to view this move as a success. Anything less and at best this deal is just alright. (IE. CL semi's for next 3 years, Higgy scoring 25-30 per season, 3 scudetti)

As long as the second bit happens we cement ourselves as a top club in Europe again. But not yet the very best. A CL win is so necessary for that. I will not judge this transfer as a fail or success until at least the end of next season, and again at the end of 2 years.

Anyways. Worries are certainly justified. But melting down over getting a world class striker is silly. There's a middle ground. You and X are giving the perfect response. Measured anxiety over the price. :p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So many things wrong with that post..

But the most ridiculous part has to be 'out of nowhere'. Higuain has played his entire career for a top 3 club in either Spain or Italy and has played for arguably the one club in the world that's even bigger than Juventus. This isn't some anonymous nobody.
So did graveson, faubert and drenthe :seven:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

And we already tried for Icardi, and Inter said no. Personally, despite that fact that he is the lowest form of barrell scraping s$#@! you can find (And I have to :lol: at Maxi Lopez for not smashing this kid's face in with a tire iron ), I would have taken Icardi 10 times out of 10.
Depends, if you through 60-70m for Aubameyang, they might actually talk. You just never know with dortmund. Lacazette was an is a better alternative to Batshuayi who we were most likely going after (kinda glad we dodged that bullet) and yeah icardi we might have overpaid to gran the attention of Inter but he would certainly have a great resaleable value. I dont like Icardi but at the end his a top finisher especially with a WC supply behind him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Didn't agnelli tell marotta to get Higuain at all cost and basically not to return without the deal in place

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sorry brother not aggravated just too much to do and can't leave your replies without replies :p, i like your midfield propositions.
Well, I didn't want to reach "Raz" level.

As far as the market opportunities for a big name striker. The only way this could happen is if a really big domino falls first. Which goes back to my theory that it won't happen, because the big clubs already have their goal scoring threats securely locked down. If Griezmann's clause somehow gets activated,and he agrees to leave Atletico, then sure, then you can see a whirlwind of activity. But I don't see the usual suspects activating that clause, simply because those clubs don't need him right now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think alot of us thought we'd have a chance at keeping Morata.
I dont know...something happened.

I really think Allegri just didnt believed he could be our spearhead to conquer europe. As crazy as it sounds (he was clutch for us so many times)...i think allegri was not convinced he was going to be the one...hence told the club to let him go.
Then he asked for the best goalscorer we could get and his prefered one was Higuain..so he told the board to go all in if possible. he wants someone proven who can score like a madman, and Huguain is an step or two above morata on that.

Its unffair to compare morata with him, as he is entering his prime while higuain is at the very top of it and will most likely go down from here on...but if allegri wanted to try for real, he needed a completed product.

Thats my reasoning behind letting morata go. We could have forced real madrid to sale with an offer of 70 mils but we didnt

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
You right,only because no one probably would have thought that it actually MIGHT happen,us paying that money.
We all were hoping for Morata as Nico said,and then everyone was HOPING for a ~40M signing ala Sanchez.Even if he might also be not for sale.

Maybe our financial situation is really good now,or the club knows that Pog is gone so we can allow that move.
Let's see in the next few days what Pogba/Juve does and if he stays.

Anyway with or without him it's clear that we want CL badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)