Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (44 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:lol: never seen you before, but you're an instant ignore list hit. Well done.
He has a point. What return justifies paying this crazy money for a player? Unless we believe he has 5 more seasons in him, and we expect him to score +20 goals each (in which case he'll probably make the list), or we think he'll instantly win us a CL. The first is far more plausible (given the distance in quality between Juve and the rest of Italy).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He has a point. What return justifies paying this crazy money for a player? Unless we believe he has 5 more seasons in him, and we expect him to score +20 goals each (in which case he'll probably make the list), or we think he'll instantly win us a CL. The first is far more plausible (given the distance in quality between Juve and the rest of Italy).
Imo it's a prestige buy. We want to show the world we are as big as anyone out there.

Personally can't stand Higuain btw.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Is this your first post or something? Dont remember seeing you in here...
Some people have life, you know ;)

Anyway Higuain is 29
...and we're making him the most expensive footballer ever at this age.

getting on this list needs him to score 40 goals a season!
That's quite poor math from you. He's about to sign a 4-year contract, it's ~29 goals per season in all competitions, what he's doing for some time anyway. And we're not buying him because he is known to make his teams better, but because he's a goal-scoring machine.

2nd thing Higuain is not a choker losing in a final or missing a sitter doesnt mean you are a choker as he will score others it just happened to be in a final!
Then I don't know what makes you one :lol:
And we know how to lose a final even without such an expense anyway.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Imo it's a prestige buy. We want to show the world we are as big as anyone out there.

Personally can't stand Higuain btw.
Well the more I read people's perceptions of our motivations behind this purchase (messing with Napoli, prestige buy, seriously?), the more I realize it's a stupid decision :D

If Higuain is not expected to score +20 for quite a few seasons at Juve, what's gonna be the improvement over Mandzukic?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well the more I read people's perceptions of our motivations behind this purchase (messing with Napoli, prestige buy, seriously?), the more I realize it's a stupid decision :D

If Higuain is not expected to score +20 for quite a few seasons at Juve, what's gonna be the improvement over Mandzukic?

Purely from a football perspective I have my doubts about this transfer. But in broader terms it might help our club reach the next level.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
All-time top 10 goalscorers - Juventus
As of 1 May 2016:

1 Alessandro Del Piero 290
2 Giampiero Boniperti 179
3 Roberto Bettega 178
4 David Trezeguet 171
5 Omar Sívori 167
6 Felice Placido Borel II 158
7 Pietro Anastasi 130
8 John Hansen 124
9 Roberto Baggio 115
10 Federico Munerati 114

The only thing that justifies making Pipita the most expensive footballer ever... is him anywhere on that list at the end of the contract. Quite a high pressure and expectations as for the known choker, isn't it?
He has averaged 30 goals a season at Napoli. I expect him to be break the top 10 at least with the kind of team we have and the service he'll be getting.

Apr 19, 2007
Is Ronaldo a choker because he has missed oppertunities in big games? Griezman missed a pk in CL final. It happens. He doesnt go missing in big matches like some do or is better against lower sides in the league than in big moments

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

That's quite poor math from you. He's about to sign a 4-year contract, it's ~29 goals per season in all competitions, what he's doing for some time anyway. And we're not buying him because he is known to make his teams better, but because he's a goal-scoring machine.

Nah. Zidane was by a country mile more expensive than Higuain at 29. Not to mention Higgy is 28.

To really get an idea of cost of a player it helps to compare to team revenue and to the transfers going on around that time. We'd have to pay 140-150M for Higuain to make him as relatively expensive as Zidane.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Furthermore, the Higuain deal serves two purposes:

1) signing a world class striker
2) a serious attempt of convincing Pogba to stay. This deal must make him think twice of leaving as we obviously Are up there with the european elite.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

3) Getting rid of excess money.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I expect at a bare minimum 25+ goals in all competitions per season for the next 3 years. And at least 15 CL goals.

As far as team results... scudetto obviously. And I expect CL semifinals or better at least twice in the next 3 years.

If those conditions are met, I'll be alright with the tangible results from the transfer.

For me to be happy with the results... A CL win. Nothing else really matters. Though I'd also like to see Higuain score 30+ goals a season in all comps (100+ in Juve career) and 25+ CL goals total here.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

1. Yeah I know I`m still trying to find some
2. Yap and he is not worth 90M and no one else worth it but this is the market and thats what we need!
3. Didnt know he signs a 4 year deal I thought of it as he is 29 in the coming season and he has at least 3 good years so 40 goals a year (not impossible for his caliber by the way...)
4. Nice one :) Yeah unfortunately we master it since 97...

Dont expect Higuain to score 36 goals next season as its almost a guarantee he would score less
a. because its a serie a record
b. because we are not Napoli our burden doesnt fall on the striker to deliver but the whole team!

Leave the sum aside he is exactly the type of player we wished and cried for many years! Finally we have it! Just smile and be happy!
We are going to lose Pogba soon so hope we do some good work in getting the proper midfield to strengthen our mid
Herrera and Mascherano and call it a day!

Schteinhord

Feb 10, 2011
I expect at a bare minimum 25+ goals in all competitions per season for the next 3 years. And at least 15 CL goals.

As far as team results... scudetto obviously. And I expect CL semifinals or better at least twice in the next 3 years.

If those conditions are met, I'll be alright with the tangible results from the transfer.

For me to be happy with the results... A CL win. Nothing else really matters. Though I'd also like to see Higuain score 30+ goals a season in all comps (100+ in Juve career) and 25+ CL goals total here.
Dude, that is some expectation on Higuain to be honest. This dude played in Napoli, a team that played only for Higuain. In Juventus it's different. From my point of view and my expectation is that he plays for the team and don't expect the team to play for him.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I'm quite excited to see Dybala-Higuain with Pjanic feeding them. Thinking about this horrendous price will not stuck in my head for several months, not my money anyway.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

We have won the scudetto at ease without Higuain though. I hope you're right and I really like the player, but i just don't see him to be the difference between what we can achieve without him and what we want to achieve (being a serious CL contender/a regular semi-finalist in the next few years), so the price tag to me is unjustifiable, and for Higuain of all people to carry such a heavy price tag is a little disturbing. I sure hope i'm wrong.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
We have won the scudetto at ease without Higuain though. I hope you're right and I really like the player, but i just don't see him to be the difference between what we can achieve without him and what we want to achieve (being a serious CL contender/a regular semi-finalist in the next few years), so the price tag to me is unjustifiable, and for Higuain of all people to carry such a heavy price tag is a little disturbing. I sure hope i'm wrong.
:tup:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)