Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
i know but look at other teams.... they already sealed lots of deals. we are sitting like statues. also look at what happened in the january transfer market.
Just because we aren't signing anyone doesn't mean we aren't negotiating or trying to close those deals. Things are moving, but given our weaker situation than the past and Marrotta's prioritisation of resources, moves will happen. And this year, it's going to be sooner rather than later.

How many major deals are signed allready, besides neymar and gotze ?
We aren't in the contention for major deals, and if we were we need to move early before the big boys come out to play, and besides moves have happened contrary to your beliefs.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oilteam. Wich means mainly "team that has a shitload of cash and no budged to make"

its why they can just roflpoke invest 60mil like that.

bayeren, and barcelona, teams that ended the season with a gigantic load of liquid cash, also easy.

Juve, that doesnt have liquid cash, and needs to make a loan if we want Higuain ? now thats diffrent.

Hence, i can imagine they'll first set the budgeds at the next boardmeeting this end of the month ?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
'Move quickly' doesn't get you any of those players, as if it is some covert operation and their agents aren't offering them to every club in circulation. You either have the money and pay whatever they want or you don't.

Let's be honest, the fees that most of those players have moved for are well over valuation.

ZoSo

Jul 11, 2011
Oilteam. Wich means mainly "team that has a shitload of cash and no budged to make"

its why they can just roflpoke invest 60mil like that.

bayeren, and barcelona, teams that ended the season with a gigantic load of liquid cash, also easy.

Juve, that doesnt have liquid cash, and needs to make a loan if we want Higuain ? now thats diffrent.

Hence, i can imagine they'll first set the budgeds at the next boardmeeting this end of the month ?
that will work out great.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Highly unlikely they'll be chasing after player's on multiple fronts and be in negotiations with some of them and their clubs, if they aren't aware of what kind of budgets they have for the mercato.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You said major deals. :)
Exactly, and thanks for listing, so i could reply "oh, all oil teams, what a coincidence"

is juve an oil team ?

- - - Updated - - -

Highly unlikely they'll be chasing after player's on multiple fronts and be in negotiations with some of them and their clubs, if they aren't aware of what kind of budgets they have for the mercato.
Actually, there is enquiring and discussing. We didnt go beyond that so far.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
'Move quickly' doesn't get you any of those players, as if it is some covert operation and their agents aren't offering them to every club in circulation. You either have the money and pay whatever they want or you don't.

Let's be honest, the fees that most of those players have moved for are well over valuation.
That maybe so, but I don't think it works against us to get off the blocks first if we are actually after a big name. Only helps our cause if at all. I don't think we would've closed Llorente in January if it wasn't for our talks the window prior for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, there is enquiring and discussing. We didnt go beyond that so far.
That would make a good excuse in the Higuain transfer to Arsenal, if it materialised.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, and thanks for listing, so i could reply "oh, all oil teams, what a coincidence"

is juve an oil team ?
To recollect, you said no major deals have happend. I said we aren't in the contention for major deals, even if they have happened in this window. That should answer your question. Rhetorical, but still.

ZoSo

Jul 11, 2011
That maybe so, but I don't think it works against us to get off the blocks first if we are actually after a big name. Only helps our cause if at all. I don't think we would've closed Llorente in January if it wasn't for our talks the window prior for example.
Marotta spoke about Tevez ages ago, so I think we were already contact with him and others during the season. I think they probably want to wait for the most opportune moment to strike but clubs like City, RM etc can easily afford to not sell so that strategy wouldn't really work there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
True that is helps, but Llorente is not the same situation as the others, just because of his expiring contract. You can get in early and get the deal sealed early. In the regular transfer window you can pretty much only do that by giving the asking price straight out, because clubs are having to wait months for the window to open, by which time a lot of other clubs are involved.

Say 4-5 teams wanted Falcao from January. His agent is not going to jump into a pre-contract agreement when he can play super rich teams off each other for several more months. Now he's got the super contract and deal. If that wasn't the case then Falcao would have gone to a Chelsea or City.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
True that is helps, but Llorente is not the same situation as the others, just because of his expiring contract. You can get in early and get the deal sealed early. In the regular transfer window you can pretty much only do that by giving the asking price straight out, because clubs are having to wait months for the window to open, by which time a lot of other clubs are involved.

Say 4-5 teams wanted Falcao from January. His agent is not going to jump into a pre-contract agreement when he can play super rich teams off each other for several more months. Now he's got the super contract and deal. If that wasn't the case then Falcao would have gone to a Chelsea or City.
Yes, but there really is two phases if I'm understanding our approach right. We seem to be going in for the player agreement early on, getting that and when we do that early enough, it gives us a bit more leeway when the other clubs come in, or if there's a lock-out or gestation period in the deal, to allow us to take stock and maybe go for two rounds of bidding or negotiating a transfer fee when the selling club is involved.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we've had a hard on for Jovetic long enough. Tevez is the extreme example, the opportunist move and could suit Conte's plan. Higuain somewhere in the middle.

Just how I read it, anyway.
Although I do feel we've spent most time and resources on the Higuain deal more than any other, agreed about the Tevez opportunism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)