Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
so 37+3+6 ? and 6 mil wages ?

downright insane risk they are taking

what is the 3 and 6 mil bonus ?
You seemb to be lacking quite a bit here, so stop calling out.

Its not about debts, its about the wagebill and general expenses. Why didnt juve do what napoli now did ? Cause if things go wrong, and they dont qualify for CL (wich is a good possibiility since 3 other teams that can suddenly pull a mercato, they'll be stuck with that big wage, and a debt can come very fast.
Before, napoli werent having that high expenses really, but now, that wage bill could come back and bite them in the ass.

Your logical fallacy is strawman. I did not compare Higuain and amauri in therms of quality, but purely based on their contract.

6mil Higuain, isnt just gonna get sold if they need to. THE big issue, is getting a team to pay those wages. it wont happen if he doesnt succeed.
But, but, but... isn't this Higuain guy rated at like 22M? What's Jovetic's value again? 15M + a player? Welcome to the market, and news flash, there were always more than one suitor interested in these guys.

This is an overpayment, but what would you call Cavani's fee? If this transfer goes through, it's a very solid move by Napoli here, they get a young, established superstar that their fans are craving. Very important for club morale, given the guys who have left in the past few years. ADL was talking about having over 120M available in funds to reinvest into the club after Cavani, so no, I highly doubt this will be the move that breaks their back.

Stop talking like you're some club insider for every European team out there. You hammer on about things you have no clue about - even about our own clubs finances, which I have a feeling probably look better this morning then you previously thought. We earned more from the CL competition than the frigging holders.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1975196.html

Oh, and as for your Amauri/Higuain comparison, give your head a shake. You can't separate the quality of the player from the dollar figure on their contract, when talking about a club getting stuck with a player; Amauri's contract wasn't movable because he went a fucking calendar year without scoring a league goal, etc. Higuain is going to be in demand in the future, he's light years beyond Amauri as a player, as I'm sure you would agree.

Sounds like most of our fans before we bought Tevez.

I can understand criticism, but you do or you don't. Napoli obviously have a model, Juve have a model, and Arsenal have a model. They all restrict these sort of buys in essence. But if you can sell a player for €60m+ then you can afford to then pay €37m for someone.
Uh, Jay: Nasri, Cesc, RvP... etc... Arsenal has never properly reinvested those funds, their model is obviously structured for them to pay off the stadium, but when your highest priced signing ever is fucking Arshavin or whatever, for a big BPL team who's been selling their stars/captains for awhile, a team that is raking in money from their fans hand over fist, that's a fucking joke. Those fans have every right to be pissed off with their clubs transfer policies, given the money at their disposal, and the long silverware drought - for me there's no 'you do or you don't' here, they have the cash, and they need to invest some of it on established quality.

Juventus obviously have been in a totally different situation, and, quite frankly, we got VERY lucky with that Tevez deal. That shit is not normal.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Seems like he's agreed terms with Napoli according to GDM :shifty: Apparently image rights is the only issue to be resolved.

Gonzalo Higuain sees Napoli. After reaching economic agreements and solved some of the details, now the ball is in the parties' lawyers. The contracts are to define and fix, especially for the rights issue of image. The solution requires the player to keep one, maybe for both years, his contract with Nike to 50% as was the case with Real Madrid. And then, from the third year of the agreement with Napoli, the rights to the company would spend all blue. You are still continuing to work for the signing in the near future and maybe with a lot of ad.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
HIGUAIN :donedeal:

Napoli.......

- - - Updated - - -

Once the bureaucratic details are resolved Gonzalo Higuain will arrive in Naples. The player reached an agreement with the club, he will sign a 5 year deal worth 8.7 million before taxes, around 4.5 million net. For the first two seasons, he will keep 50% of the marketing rights, while starting in 3rd season there will be a new agreement, Nike will have the option of renewing with Higuain and the opportunity to match Napoli's offer. Real Madrid will receive 37 million plus 3 in bonuses.
-GDM

- - - Updated - - -
@Alen provided this transfer goes through,which is the last most expensive transfer in Serie A ?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wrap my head around all of this. How the hell are Napoli going to offer Higuain 7m+ in wages?
Higuain is earning 4.5m net and i think thats a reasonable wage for Napoli although like its been said he'll have 50% of the image rights share for the first two years..Cavani earned the same in his time there.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
HIGUAIN :donedeal:

@Alen provided this transfer goes through,which is the last most expensive transfer in Serie A ?
You have to go all the way back to 2001, when Juve bought Buffon for €49m and Nedved for €41m, Lazio bought Mendieta for €48m and Milan bought Rui Costa for €42m. After 2001 no serie A team paid more than what Napoli are now paying for Higuain.

P.S: I misunderstood you.
The highest before this one was Melo to Juventus (25m iirc)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Uh, Jay: Nasri, Cesc, RvP... etc... Arsenal has never properly reinvested those funds, their model is obviously structured for them to pay off the stadium
That's basically the crux of it, that is what their model was built upon. Now they have freed funds, and they are making bids they can afford (see Suarez).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)