Global Financial Crisis (14 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just a smattering of tweets this morning. You guys OK over there?

- - - Updated - - -

I’m actually considering buying a secondary propane tank and storing additional propane for the winter.
You heat with propane? Intriguing. I have radiant in concrete slab with electric hot water on demand. Pretty efficient usually. A wood stove too which helps in winter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You heat with propane? Intriguing. I have radiant in concrete slab with electric hot water on demand. Pretty efficient usually. A wood stove too which helps in winter.
Switched to propane after an old boiler furnace went to shit. Expensive since I needed one for the lower levels and one for upstairs, but combined with the AC in the summer it’s ridiculously more efficient. Definitely don’t miss filling up the 1000 gallon oil tank either. Shame gasses keep going up, propane was only 1.50 a gallon when I first filled it up.

Sometimes I wish I had a wood stove, but I hate dealing with messes. Don’t use the fireplace at all, but maybe I’ll have to soon if things get bad here.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If I lived in Europe I have no idea what the fuck I would do. This is going to be a DISASTER. Holy shit.

They will be fine.

Better to be a little alarmist and panicky (read: prepared for worse), than lying to yourself that everything is fine and dandy (a la Russia) and then be surprised when the entire State collapses (USSR) :D

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,752
    Things are pretty chill here tbh. Unemployment numbers are good, inflation rate going down, companies are hiring, gas isn't horrible, etc.

Except for those damn eggs.
    I saw some news about 70k getting hired from the giant companies. But yeah, I did see inflation decrease from 9 to 6% iirc. But they will probably raise interest rates more until summer.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I don't know guys, I remember 2008 all too well, even though I was drunk in college for all of it. Things seemed to be fine and then the rug was suddenly pulled because of rumors of bank failures, then it happened. Right now I see a lot of euphoria with inflation rates declining, but as you said AFL, homes are still ridiculously expensive even in the face of rising rates. Consumer spending is outrageous. We're having another massively bullish week in equities and here we are at 4200 on /ES which is a major level. Personally, I don't think we're out of the woods yet, and I might be buying puts here today.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    The stock market doesn’t make sense at all and everything is still expensive. I’m not sure how single people making less than six figures manage to survive so yeah, I can’t see thing going away just like that.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,756
    I don't know guys, I remember 2008 all too well, even though I was drunk in college for all of it. Things seemed to be fine and then the rug was suddenly pulled because of rumors of bank failures, then it happened. Right now I see a lot of euphoria with inflation rates declining, but as you said AFL, homes are still ridiculously expensive even in the face of rising rates. Consumer spending is outrageous. We're having another massively bullish week in equities and here we are at 4200 on /ES which is a major level. Personally, I don't think we're out of the woods yet, and I might be buying puts here today.
    I never took this as a positive. I actually think shit is gonna hit the fan starting from April. I think Europe will get fucked on the gas once countries need to pile up for the next winter. There's no way we're gonna return to normal like this. IMO it's gonna get a lot more worse until it starts getting better. So yeah, I don't think we're gonna see any light at the end of the tunnel for at least one full year.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I never took this as a positive. I actually think shit is gonna hit the fan starting from April. I think Europe will get fucked on the gas once countries need to pile up for the next winter. There's no way we're gonna return to normal like this. IMO it's gonna get a lot more worse until it starts getting better. So yeah, I don't think we're gonna see any light at the end of the tunnel for at least one full year.
    to be fair, Europe is holding up pretty well this winter. And it was Russia’s hope that they wouldn’t. So I think they’ll be fine from a gas/energy standpoint

Crazy that it’s about to be a year of that bullshit.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    to be fair, Europe is holding up pretty well this winter. And it was Russia’s hope that they wouldn’t. So I think they’ll be fine from a gas/energy standpoint

Crazy that it’s about to be a year of that bullshit.
    It's more America's hope than Russia's. Russia was perfectly fine selling their resources in Europe but US want Europe to buy their LNG which is waaaay more expensive than Russian gas. If Europe is going to be cut off from cheap energy there's no way they will be able to compete with US economically.

So USA came up with this war in Ukraine and uses its puppets like Poland and Baltic countries to keep it going.

Unpopular opinion - keep the wat and funny reactions flowing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)