Giuseppe Rossi (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So how did I do?

And what do you mean geez? I REALLY don't think I made a big fuss about it.
You still had three more questions to go, but I don't think your and your lady were going to make it. The communication question is the clincher in the quiz.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You still had three more questions to go, but I don't think your and your lady were going to make it. The communication question is the clincher in the quiz.
See, these magazines are not fair at all. It always comes down to communication. And if you get that one wrong, everything else doesn't matter.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
See, these magazines are not fair at all. It always comes down to communication. And if you get that one wrong, everything else doesn't matter.
The whole idea from the female perspective is that communication is base line for everything: a good date, good sex, good relationship, good marriage, etc.

I got bored today when my sister was at the Apple store and did some research.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The whole idea from the female perspective is that communication is base line for everything: a good date, good sex, good relationship, good marriage, etc.

I got bored today when my sister was at the Apple store and did some research.
I might be female then, cause I totally agree with that. I'd go further. Communication is the base line for friendship, heck it is for forum chats too. If I can't communicate successfully with someone why the heck would I bother with that person.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I might be female then, cause I totally agree with that. I'd go further. Communication is the base line for friendship, heck it is for forum chats too. If I can't communicate successfully with someone why the heck would I bother with that person.
It's pretty obvious that communication has a big part in a successful relationship, but at the same time it can totally be faked. The easiest way to get a girls number is to wrinkle your brow and act "concerned".

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's pretty obvious that communication has a big part in a successful relationship, but at the same time it can totally be faked. The easiest way to get a girls number is to wrinkle your brow and act "concerned".
.."concerned" *closes notebook*

I would go at it from another angle. What is the goal of a relationship? Actually, any relationship? I would say communication. What do you gain by being with someone rather than being alone? Well you can have a shared experience of life, which enriches life.

Let's say sex is all you wanted. Then why wouldn't you just go to a prostitute every time? If that's really all you want, then attack the problem in the same way you'd attack a broken car: find the cheapest garage and take it in. Free market at work.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
.."concerned" *closes notebook*

I would go at it from another angle. What is the goal of a relationship? Actually, any relationship? I would say communication. What do you gain by being with someone rather than being alone? Well you can have a shared experience of life, which enriches life.

Let's say sex is all you wanted. Then why wouldn't you just go to a prostitute every time? If that's really all you want, then attack the problem in the same way you'd attack a broken car: find the cheapest garage and take it in. Free market at work.
Sure communication is important but it has to be with a person you're attracted to in some way whether intellectually, sexually, or whatever. Just cause someone is "easy to talk to" doesn't mean you share things in common and in the same way you don't necessarily have to have anything in common to have a successful and communicating (working) relationship. Communication is important to have a successful relationship but it's only part of about 15-20 things you need to have going well. Oh and just so you know there is no such thing as a "spark".

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Sure communication is important but it has to be with a person you're attracted to in some way whether intellectually, sexually, or whatever. Just cause someone is "easy to talk to" doesn't mean you share things in common and in the same way you don't necessarily have to have anything in common to have a successful and communicating (working) relationship. Communication is important to have a successful relationship but it's only part of about 15-20 things you need to have going well. Oh and just so you know there is no such thing as a "spark".
Eh, this is where I begin to quibble. I'd say having things in common is the very premise for successful communication. (It doesn't necessarily mean you have to like the person. Say I can communicate quite well with Seven because we've had similar experiences in life, similar cultures that we grew up in etc, but I doubt he likes me. :D ) Also, physical attraction is pretty damn relative. Have you ever had that feeling after you split up with someone because of something negative that happened, and you started seeing them in a different light, suddenly asking yourself "what was it that I saw in her anyway"? I think attraction has a lot to do with how you get along with the person to begin with, it's in no way objective.

Btw your courtship with Sergio is really touching :touched:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Eh, this is where I begin to quibble. I'd say having things in common is the very premise for successful communication. (It doesn't necessarily mean you have to like the person. Say I can communicate quite well with Seven because we've had similar experiences in life, similar cultures that we grew up in etc, but I doubt he likes me. :D ) Also, physical attraction is pretty damn relative. Have you ever had that feeling after you split up with someone because of something negative that happened, and you started seeing them in a different light, suddenly asking yourself "what was it that I saw in her anyway"? I think attraction has a lot to do with how you get along with the person to begin with, it's in no way objective.

Btw your courtship with Sergio is really touching :touched:
By attraction I meant someone you, the individual is attracted to. We all have our differing opinions of what is attractive. It's basically the "whatever floats your boat" argument in action.

My main point is that communication in a relationship is important, but it's merely one cog in the machinery. Two people can communicate wonderfully and still end up falling apart. Women tend to get tunnel vision and focus too much on communication instead of working on the other things in a relationship.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
By attraction I meant someone you, the individual is attracted to. We all have our differing opinions of what is attractive. It's basically the "whatever floats your boat" argument in action.

My main point is that communication in a relationship is important, but it's merely one cog in the machinery. Two people can communicate wonderfully and still end up falling apart. Women tend to get tunnel vision and focus too much on communication instead of working on the other things in a relationship.
But the attractiveness thing is overdone. I mean would you rather live with someone who's attractive and who understands you, whom you feel connected to or would you rather be with someone super attractive who doesn't begin to understand how you think or what you want?

Sure, I wouldn't claim communication is the driving force. But I do think it can really deepen a relationship and certainly the best predictor and kind of method to make sure people aren't drifting apart without knowing it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Communication of course. If you're not communicating, how can you communicate your wish to have sex?
Have you been to overseas vacation spots where you meet partying people of nationals that know little to no english? Well I have, and remember certain colombian girls that we litterally couldnt understand a single word of what each was saying, but still it somehow "worked out" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)