AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
‘Marotta left Juve because of Ronaldo’

Former Italy and Fiorentina star Luca Toni spoke to Sky Sport (via Ilbianconero) about Beppe Marotta’s Juventus farewell on Sunday night: “Players and directors come and go. Juventus remain”, the 2006 Italy World Cup winner said.

“Marotta has done very well at Juventus, I think he is a manager that can do well in another top European club as well but in my opinion the arrival of Ronaldo has broken something at Juventus.”

“When there is a problem among the key members of a club it’s hard to continue the project together. Juventus will remain there forever, the Agnelli family will remain forever, chiefs and managers come and go. Marotta made history but I personally know Paratici and Cherubini and I can ensure that they can do very well too. If you sign Ronaldo and somebody doesn’t agree with the decision things can become more complicated than what they used to be.”
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/marotta-left-juve-because-of-ronaldo-73325

I guess some of us here are not the only ones to think so.

Oct 23, 2011
If that is really the case, the split is logical. In order to really compete in the Champions League on a yearly basis, we had to make that jump. Agnelli and the club recognized this and made a signing like Ronaldo. But we can't stop here, a high profile signing like this needs to be done every 2/3 years or so. Marotta is not a risk-taker and is more focused on the books, which is totally understandable from his perspective, but continuing like that would stagnate our growth. He'd either have to adapt or leave.

Regardless of his departure, he did an excellent job getting the club back to where it belongs but if the vision forward differs from the club's, each going their own way is best.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Pretty obvious that Marotta is not on board with Agnelli's ideas. I guess we'll find out who's "right" in a few years time.

Guy is class personified though (just read those last interviews) & whichever club he ends up with will be very lucky.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
A dignified gentleman. I think that is the best way that I can describe him. I know that Paratici can replace him in terms of player signings. I hope that he can replace him in the class and grace department as well.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
Why? Just out of curiosity? You enjoyed going from 7th place two years in a row to scudetto winners every year? You dont contribute this at all to him? You dont like the champions he brought here? Prefer Messi to Ronaldo? trying to figure this out
He did great for us, but we need a different type of CEO to take us even further. Football has grown much more than just playing on the field.

For what its worth, he's done a great job, having said that, I'm glad we are moving on for the better.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Loans with options to co-own, "gentleman agreements," the endless installment payments, and he was just now instituting buybacks :touched:

Legendary dealings, it's hard to see how anyone will ever come close to this man with pulling off such things.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He definitely a legend
He definitely our biggest loss this season. If this is because of C. Ronaldo signing, he also shared some of our fans here opinion. It's a huge risk and we surely love our comfort zone by improving step by step with our financial measure. This is so normal

But definitely AA has another vision and we step out our comfort area. And I believe Paratici, Nedved and the other team will work together make it happen

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
The last few days have been hard, just thinking back to my favourite Beppe memories.

Like the time he offered Arsenal like £8m for Robin van Persie, then they said no so he offered £8.5m.

When he basically got Milan to pay for Tevez by selling them Matri, then got Matri back on loan and he scored the winner in the Coppa final.

When someone told him what a release clause was and he went and signed the best player from Roma and Napoli.

Farewell, sweet prince.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)