Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
There has not been a single MD in the history of football that could achieve what Marotta did in his years at juventus.

2010 :
- Old, past it team
- Massive wagebill
- Shitty revenue
- Old stadium that is mostly empty
- Dreadfull and unpopular league with no cash in it
- Calciopoli sticker
- 7th place

2010-2018 :
- Fixed ageing squat
- Fixed wagebill
- insane free transfers
- insane low price transfers
- insane results
- 7 consecutive serie a titles
- Got to the CL final twice
- Tripple revenue
- Sold players and replaced with better somehow
- Competed in europe with teams who are infinitely richer

2018 :
- Allowed the club to become in a financial situation so good, it bought Ronaldo still in his prime
- The team he build on a buck and a dime, is now officially the best collection of talent in the world
- Best balanced team in the world

Not a single DM in history, could bring a club to where he brought juventus from
Didnt we have a 7th place finish with him and Del Neri?
I think Conte deserves a lot of credit. Then Pirlo then all other players who played that season. It was one of the most diffuclt season. Giving all credit to one man is just wow.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Beppe and Conte reunited at Manchester United?

I'd actually almost feel bad for the rest of the EPL :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt we have a 7th place finish with him and Del Neri?
I think Conte deserves a lot of credit. Then Pirlo then all other players who played that season. It was one of the most diffuclt season. Giving all credit to one man is just wow.

No one is discrediting Conte. The role that Beppe has had in this club is massive. He was one of several central figures that are responsible for this amazing turnaround in the past decade.

- - - Updated - - -

The timing of him leaving gives me the impression it has something to do with the Ronaldo scandel.

I think it has something to do with Ronaldo, but not the scandal. Someone as important to the club as Beppe doesn't just up and leave because of a sexual assault allegation against one of our players. If it does have anything to do with Ronaldo, then it might be that contract that Juve gave him. In my opinion, I don't think the transfer fee was the issue here with Beppe, as this club willingly paid nearly 90 million for Higuain. I think the issue that Beppe had, if any, stemmed from the amount of the contract. As much as I love Ronaldo, that contract is insane.

Especially considering the amount of taxes being paid because of Italian regulations

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I read some report from Milan Finanza that Beppe was flirting with Milan before they gave the CEO job to Gazidis. Once Agnelli found out he fired Marotta.
Probably bullshit though.

In my opinion this is a decision made by Agnelli to have a younger directors - he fired both CEO and CFO and gave their responsibilities to their younger co workers.
It probably also means that Agnelli and Nedved will be even more involved in the daily work at club.

Mar 10, 2009
Beppe and Conte reunited at Manchester United?

I'd actually almost feel bad for the rest of the EPL :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

No one is discrediting Conte. The role that Beppe has had in this club is massive. He was one of several central figures that are responsible for this amazing turnaround in the past decade.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it has something to do with Ronaldo, but not the scandal. Someone as important to the club as Beppe doesn't just up and leave because of a sexual assault allegation against one of our players. If it does have anything to do with Ronaldo, then it might be that contract that Juve gave him. In my opinion, I don't think the transfer fee was the issue here with Beppe, as this club willingly paid nearly 90 million for Higuain. I think the issue that Beppe had, if any, stemmed from the amount of the contract. As much as I love Ronaldo, that contract is insane.

Especially considering the amount of taxes being paid because of Italian regulations
If it had been the wage then why not resign in the summer? Perhaps he was against it and the scandel broke the camel's back.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Definitely a shock and quite sudden. We can only speculate on what the disagreement is with Agnelli.

If I had to speculate.....the Ronaldo transfer seemed to involve Agnelli and Paritici a lot more than previous transfers. Perhaps the fact that Paritici was given a lot of credit for that is perhaps a clue.

So my guess is that in the aftermath of the Ronaldo transfer - clearly, Marotta looks at transfers based on cost discipline and sporting outcomes. I see Agnelli taking a much bigger picture approach and thinking of how to grow the top line. Perhaps Agnelli wants to do big name transfers - he hinted as much when he said that he hopes to buy a player like Ronaldo at his prime or mid 20s in the future. Marotta on the other hand may not feel comfortable with it and perhaps MORE IMPORTANTLY, he feels that he is increasingly being given less autonomy on transfers.

Don't know where Marotta will go next but clearly taking a club like Milan or Manchester United who are underperforming would represent a good long term challenge.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If it had been the wage then why not resign in the summer? Perhaps he was against it and the scandel broke the camel's back.

I don't think that Beppe is built that way, to leave the club in the middle of the transfer season. Besides, all indications are that he was let go, and did not resign.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it has anything to do with Ronaldo. After all on a transfer that big its not like Beppe can just approve it on his own

It may have to do with how the total amount of expenditures on 1 player would affect the economic stability of the club, especially if they don't win the CL. We have essentially put all of our eggs in one basket now.

Which is fine, if it works and we win a CL or even maybe 2. If we don't, though.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It would suck if he goes to Inter, but we have to judge him on his time here with regards to the question of whether he's a legend. And he most certainly is, in my opinion. He did a fantastic job for us and was an integral part of the Juve revival which saw us win 7 scudetti on the trot, all those domestic cups and us reaching two Champions League finals.

Lippi had his stint at Inter, too. Still a Juve legend.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Tranfers are just half of the equation either way. Even with the players he brought in, Conte's mentality shift really propelled us to that next level. He could certainly provide Inter with the raw ingredients to be successful, but who knows if they could have someone to put it all together for them.

The fans will be up in arms over him bringing in cheap and free players because they'd be losing, meanwhile they wouldn't even recognize what they have.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh I can't wait to see him sign anelka and Armand traore esq players for inda and loans out icardi on a loan with option to buy

Yep. Those Anelka and Traore type players.

Such as Dybala
Bernardeschi
Costa
Cuadrado
Bonucci (Twice)
Pjanic
Sandro
Cancelo
Mandzukic
Sczenzny
Perin
Bentancur
Matuidi

And that's just the players on the squad this year.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yep. Those Anelka and Traore type players.

Such as Dybala
Bernardeschi
Costa
Cuadrado
Bonucci (Twice)
Pjanic
Sandro
Cancelo
Mandzukic
Sczenzny
Perin
Bentancur
Matuidi

And that's just the players on the squad this year.
Like I've said several times before I've always felt Marotta held us back to give us that real jump in quality we needed at times, the season we sold Vidal and replaced him with hernanes is one that I find hard to comprehend still. Paratici for me is the brains behind the big operations the ones that have really given us that boost. Its evident to me that this must be the main reason if not the only reason why AA cut marotta loose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)