Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's also unfair as the comparison is with players who were here for years and settled. Immediately the squad was never going to be 'ready made' to win every game, but the makings are there.
I am fine with not comparing them. What I object to and question big time is saying current worst ever start Juve squad is stronger then last year's nearly all conqueroring one.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I am fine with not comparing them. What I object to and question big time is saying current worst ever start Juve squad is stronger then last year's nearly all conqueroring one.
Yeah. It might be a better idea to talk about the near and further away future instead.

Near as in "when everything is fit and in reasonable form". Further away as in what development we can expect from all dis youth, or Pogba if he finds some new balls that actually work.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Wtf does Conte have to do with it? There's not an aota of logic in saying this squad is stronger when they are failing hard so far in the league, how difficult is it to grasp that? You actually have to show it on the pitch, not just dream away by how wonderful it looks on paper.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
the Conte cult naturally disagrees.
:tup: Persistent bunch.

Once players settle down we're in for a quite a ride.

Morata has one more year of experience under his belt and this could be the season he starts performing consistently, besides being clutch in our big encounters.

Cuadrado, surprisingly for most, has fitted well and has been intergral part of our team. This guy adds another dimension to our game and we can successfully utilize few different formation with him around.

Dybala, Alex Sandro, Rugani, etc... Fantastic talents, future pillars of the team.

Overall the team looks stronger (in the long run) and capable of creating more in the final 3rd, eventhough due to many changes we haven't achieved string of great results thus far, but potential is massive. I hope the last two games are good indication of how we're gonna look like soon.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
There were isses, but with more experienced players returing from injuries (Marchisio, Khedira) I'd expect us to overcome difficulties and start series of consecutive wins. If these players were available from the start we wouldn't even be in this state. Tough luck, and in addition to it we really underachieved against weaker opponents, several games where we missed abundance of chances throughout the game, while the opposition scored from what was practically their only effort on target.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
On paper, this squad is clearly stronger. Defense and GK positions are better with the Alex Sandro, Rugani, and Neto signings. Midfield is better with Marchisio in the center and Khedira as a starter instead of Pirlo, who was finished. Depth in midfield is also better (Asamoah, Lemina, Pereyra, Hernanes, Sturaro vs. Pereyra, Sturaro, Padoin). We only had two good attacking players last year in Tevez and Morata. We lost our best player, Tevez, but we have three good attackers this season in Cuadrado, Morata, and Dybala, and Mandzukic is also a much better backup than Llorente.

While on paper the current squad is clearly superior to last season's, you also have to take into account that we lost a lot of chemistry (4 seasons' worth) and leadership, and a team with 10 new players also needs time to gel.

All in all, taking everything into account, the current team is on the same level as last year's.

We lost so many points at the start because we had three of our four best midfielders missing (Marchisio, Khedira, Asamoah), Lemina and Hernanes hadn't been signed yet, we needed time to gel, Allegri needed to find the right tactical solutions, Dybala wasn't starting yet, and we also were unlucky with finishing. When you have Padoin and Sturaro starting in your midfield, losing some points really shouldn't come as a surprise. Any team missing three of its four best midfielders would struggle.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Wtf does Conte have to do with it? There's not an aota of logic in saying this squad is stronger when they are failing hard so far in the league, how difficult is it to grasp that? You actually have to show it on the pitch, not just dream away by how wonderful it looks on paper.
Haven't you heard? Apparently, if you don't think that Allegri is a better coach then Conte than you are part of the Conte cult that hates on everything Juventus does, like the hater Conte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)